James Cathers to enroll at OCC | Syracusefan.com

James Cathers to enroll at OCC

That looks good to me!, my son looks like he will be there in Jan 13!

I would be shocked if he ended up at SU, Desko was pretty pissed about what went down, that bridge will need to be rebuilt.
What went down? Apologies if this was discussed and I missed it. :oops:

What went down? Apologies if this was discussed and I missed it. :oops:
I think I remember something about Cathers not communicating with the staff, ignoring phone calls, etc.

From what I heard Desko the kids high school coach, and the admissions staff worked hard to get the kid into SU after he initially didnt qualify and then he pretty much no showed in the spring and wasnt in contact with Desko.

Not to pile on, but people have bent over backwards to help James out for the past four years and he continues to "do his thing." They tried to get him eligible come out of Corcoran, didnt work. Lined him up at trinity pawling, disappears. Finally seems to get the required work and a plan is in place for when he is on campus, no show.

I hope he finally takes advantage of the opportunity at OCC, but his track record makes me leery. Back in April I said it was 50/50 he would end up at OCC, so we'll see.

Not to pile on, but people have bent over backwards to help James out for the past four years and he continues to "do his thing." They tried to get him eligible come out of Corcoran, didnt work. Lined him up at trinity pawling, disappears. Finally seems to get the required work and a plan is in place for when he is on campus, no show.

I hope he finally takes advantage of the opportunity at OCC, but his track record makes me leery. Back in April I said it was 50/50 he would end up at OCC, so we'll see.

Sounds like a year or two at OCC then the NLL draft. Sad

Its not sad, it is a decision. School is not for everyone, but if that is the case just let it be known so people aren't wasting their time trying to help out.