Jay Bilas Likes SU | Syracusefan.com

Jay Bilas Likes SU

Doc5120

Starter
FYI - This is an insider article

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...top-68-teams-college-hoops-college-basketball

Bilas ranks his top 68 teams and has us at 27. Below is what he says about us. I was shocked, but being that I have a man-crush on Bilas and take his word as gospel, I was happy to read it.

27. Syracuse Orange

The Orange have found some ways to lose games, and have been loose with the ball, but there is promise there. Syracuse needs to get to the free throw line more, and must take better care of the ball. The turnover rate of 20.7 percent (213th in the nation) is killing this team against better opponents.

Regardless of any calls or lack there of there were things in both the Mich and Nova games that we could control that would have won them for us. Bilas IMO is just getting ahead of the game because he sees a team that is young and he expects that these issues will be cleaned up by the players and the staff plus we have a nice confidence building portion of the schedule coming.

He is very close friends with JB. They kid each other a lot about how Jay turned SU for Duke. JB always says it was because his academics kept Jay out of SU. They have a funny schtick about it.

I was talking recently, seems like the past 5 years he's had us going deep and he's been right once.

I was talking recently, seems like the past 5 years he's had us going deep and he's been right once.

With all the absolute rubbish in place of quality media, JB2 gets almost more love than JB on here. If you speak against the former, you better cover your hindquarters with a large frying pan before you go to sleep on here. It's like being stranded on a remote island with a few homely people of the opposite gender. One of them still has to be "the best", and for many folks on here, that is JB2.

I have always liked Jay and respect his opinion on most things. A rank of 27 seems a bit of a stretch "today" in my opinion. However, I'm optimistic we will be in the top 25 by the end of the ACC season.

I have always liked Jay and respect his opinion on most things. A rank of 27 seems a bit of a stretch "today" in my opinion. However, I'm optimistic we will be in the top 25 by the end of the ACC season.

I'm behind you, DL. It's better to be an optimist and ocassionally wrong than a pessimist and always right. :)

He is spot on.

We could easily have one loss right now. In our losses, we have literally handed the opponent the game.

Not to be a downer, but we beat La Tech and Iowa by a combined 5 points, so we could also easily have 6 losses.

Not to a downer, but we beat La Tech and Iowa by a combined 5 points, so we could also easily have 6 losses.

Sure, throw that back in our faces ...

;)

Not to be a downer, but we beat La Tech and Iowa by a combined 5 points, so we could also easily have 6 losses.
And could have just as easily beat Michigan and Villanova.

two elite 8s in 5 years, probably would have been 3 if Arinze hadn't gotten hurt, that's a terrific run by nearly anyone's standard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom