JB and Roberson | Syracusefan.com

JB and Roberson

Cuse House

All American
Quite honestly, pretty sick of JB yelling at Roberson. He didn't play great tonight, but he has the past 3 games. Instead of speaking with Gillon or Howard who's poor play had far more of an impact on this loss, he rips on our hardest working player. Say what you want about Robersons skill set, he has been playing extremely hard lately. Even when he plays well, Boeheim gives him backhanded compliments.

Quite honestly, pretty sick of JB yelling at Roberson. He didn't play great tonight, but he has the past 3 games. Instead of speaking with Gillon or Howard who's poor play had far more of an impact on this loss, he rips on our hardest working player. Say what you want about Robersons skill set, he has been playing extremely hard lately. Even when he plays well, Boeheim gives him backhanded compliments.

I remember someone writing that Duany said recently on some radio appearance (jokingly, I think), that by his Senior year he felt like JB just liked yelling at him. Maybe once he finds someone he likes yelling at, he sticks to it!

So quit watching

Roberson can call fouls?
I think he was probably saying that's Robey was complaining about being fouled. It obviously can't be confirmed so I don't know if that's truly what he said but the way he looked at him, I wouldn't be surprised.

Me too... Roberson needs to start. It made some sense to mix it up and start TT against Miami because our offense was just that bad... but tonight it really burned them starting out so terrible on D it set the tone. The lineup with Roberson has been arguably just as good on offense the last 3 games with him so active on the boards.

Roberson doesn't express emotion. We know this. Is Jim implying he wants Tyler to complain about soft foul calls against him? They certainly exist.

Boeheim has never liked Roberson's game from day one. I don't want to say he doesn't like Roberson because I don't know either of them, but he gives every impression that he doesn't like him. I'll just say he has zero apparent appreciation for Robey's game even when he is playing well.

Robie had a double double tonight and lead team with 10 rebounds. Also had 2 blocks.
Don't see how you can fault his effort tonight

the entire game shifted when roberson came into the game and immediately turned the ball over twice on completely unforced errors.

Jim was right. Roberson came out totally flat tonight. He got all his numbers late in the game when it was over. He didn't play with energy and he was awful on defense at the start of the game. I thought Battle was the only one who came ready to play. For all the points Thompson scores, he give up 15 more on defense. He doesn't even know what a hard foul is. He looks like a chair on defense. He guards air better than anyone I've ever seen.

Lol JB is such a joke. Didn't watch tonight bc I was in Orlando. Glad I didn't. Saw people blaming Gillon, injuries, and refs. Never is it ever this guy who runs nothing offensively

So, you didn't see Lydon roll his ankle and limp through the 2nd half, and you didn't see about 4 invisible travels that Michael Stephens called.

Boeheim has never liked Roberson's game from day one. I don't want to say he doesn't like Roberson because I don't know either of them, but he gives every impression that he doesn't like him. I'll just say he has zero apparent appreciation for Robey's game even when he is playing well.
Apparently at half of the Pitt game he told the team Roberson was winning them the game, but then in his press conference he mentioned he didn't play that well in the second half. It's like he gives him a compliment and then rips it away. Listen, I understand these are adults and they are playing at the highest level. At the same time, when you seem to be in one guys face every game, it makes it seem personal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom