JB and Roberson | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

JB and Roberson

It's hard for me to decide what my favorite recurring thread is. Is it Boeheim is so mean to Roberson, The Succession Plan or We are going to have a losing record. I'm going to call it a 3 way tie.
I like "our guys all leave too early, can't wait to see their careers fizzle" too.

I think the problem is many don't view that as a career night. They viewed it as a sign of things to come. Not that he would have 20 boards a night but that he could have 10-12 and bring that level of energy every night. When that doesn't happen and it appears at times that he is not engaged for the full game that is where the frustration comes in.

Well, he's a senior, who has had significant playing time throughout...so, I think there's enough data out there to suggest that he is what he is. :noidea:

I think the problem is many don't view that as a career night. They viewed it as a sign of things to come. Not that he would have 20 boards a night but that he could have 10-12 and bring that level of energy every night. When that doesn't happen and it appears at times that he is not engaged for the full game that is where the frustration comes in.

There around 25-30 players in the entire country that average 10+ rebounds a night. Many of them don't play in P5 conferences. Every player averages more MPG, some significantly more (as in over 50% more minutes). He's had 10 boards in 3 of the last 4 games.

Cooney is gone. Something had to replace all those threads. :p

Eh, my view is the same as with Christmas. You got guys whose energy level seems to ebb and flow, get them engaged offensively. Post him up, even if the results are god-awful, it's one possession of suck, and hopefully he's locked in because of it. The whole yelling at him bit seems equally effective as it was for Xmas years 1 through 3.

If the kid legit doesn't have one low post by now, well, shame on the coaches.

I don't really care about JB vs Robey last night. That's how he tries getting to him, right or wrong. When was that clip from, right after he came in and committed an unnecessary and just dumb charge? I don't think robey came in ready like the last couple of games so if a JB felt that way, he was letting him know.

I'm more disgusted with how pathetic our offense is. Just standing around and dribbling, with constant ball screens and nothing else. That's what lost us the game last night.

Cooney got killed by fans. Roberson gets defended by fans for JB killing the guy.

On this team there really isn't anyone who's above JB's criticism thought. Last year G and Cooney never got roasted. If you rewatch the game on the sideline JB roasted everyone last night. He got Lydon after he picked up his second and Gillon at the end with about a minute to go after he attempted an awful shot. I think Roberson is pointed out because ESPN was right in their face when it happened.

I don't really care about JB vs Robey last night. That's how he tries getting to him, right or wrong. When was that clip from, right after he came in and committed an unnecessary and just dumb charge? I don't think robey came in ready like the last couple of games so if a JB felt that way, he was letting him know.

I'm more disgusted with how pathetic our offense is. Just standing around and dribbling, with constant ball screens and nothing else. That's what lost us the game last night.

That was one of the times, but not the one ppl are discussing. That was a crap call anyway, Roberson went around, and passed to the corner for an open shot - it was a block, the defender had to readjust to remain in his path and flop.

I do find it funny that he's constantly compared to his career highlight night. Those 20 rebounds were the worst thing that ever happened to him! :) He can do that at Duke, why can't he do it every night! Grrrrr!!! Lazy! Lol

He averaged 8 and 8 last year. That's a quality player who can contribute. That's not based on 1 game.

The reality is Roberson isn't the problem. He just is not capable of contributing large amounts of offense and is an easy target. He plays hard and for the most part plays good defense and rebounds just fine. The fact we have 4 offensive players on the floor with him and he is still in the middle of every set for some reason escapes me. When he is not in there the defense of our forwards is awful. We have some of the worst point guard play in the entire country. I love JB but how you could watch last nights game and when picking someone to be mad at pick Robey is absolutely beyond me. Honestly after watching the Pitt game and then watching last night I wondered if Gillon had the flu or something. I'm just at a complete loss. I don't even know what to say anymore. I told my wife last night I don't know what this is I'm watching. I hate this team. She responded, so does this mean you are going to be in a bad mood until April when baseball starts. I told her we are going to suck next year and then JB retires and then we are going to be even worse. I may be in a bad mood for the next decade.

The reality is Roberson isn't the problem. He just is not capable of contributing large amounts of offense and is an easy target. He plays hard and for the most part plays good defense and rebounds just fine. The fact we have 4 offensive players on the floor with him and he is still in the middle of every set for some reason escapes me. When he is not in there the defense of our forwards is awful. We have some of the worst point guard play in the entire country. I love JB but how you could watch last nights game and when picking someone to be mad at pick Robey is absolutely beyond me. Honestly after watching the Pitt game and then watching last night I wondered if Gillon had the flu or something. I'm just at a complete loss. I don't even know what to say anymore. I told my wife last night I don't know what this is I'm watching. I hate this team. She responded, so does this mean you are going to be in a bad mood until April when baseball starts. I told her we are going to suck next year and then JB retires and then we are going to be even worse. I may be in a bad mood for the next decade.
Some Cuse fans can't fathom how spoiled we have been. A lot could happen post JAB era and it could possibly be no one's fault.

I have to admit that I haven't read this entire thread but I am surprised how many pages it is. No question that JAB is frustrated. How can you explain last night's debacle where we played horrendous after two great outings. If he is yelling at Robie just because he is used to yelling at Robie then so be it. Both Gillon and Lydon had sub par games and we can't afford that. Thompson is a sieve on defense at this point but we needed him for his offense last night. As bad as we played we were one made basket away from this being a one possession game. We can't afford many games like this but unfortunately it's reality.

Quite honestly, pretty sick of JB yelling at Roberson. He didn't play great tonight, but he has the past 3 games. Instead of speaking with Gillon or Howard who's poor play had far more of an impact on this loss, he rips on our hardest working player. Say what you want about Robersons skill set, he has been playing extremely hard lately. Even when he plays well, Boeheim gives him backhanded compliments.

At the senior day ceremony Roberson should give JB the double bird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom