JB:"cooney was laying on the ground... | Syracusefan.com

JB:"cooney was laying on the ground...

Good quote.

I just remember one screen where Cooney came around it, you could see his jersey trailing 8 feet behind him in the Nova's players hand...and then someone else fouled him on the catch. I think he then turned it over.

And, I swear to all that's holy at one point I could hear Cooney yell after a Nova travel in the first half, "Walk, walk every f*****g time," as he threw his hands up and looked at the official. Then Nova scored inside. I wish I had TiVo's the game to rewatch that.

It must have been his fault." Lol.

My favorite was the position early in the 2nd half where that scrub Arcidiacano was bodying Cooney, grabbing him, etc. the entire possession, physical with Cooney fighting through a screern, etc. And then when Trevor came to get the ball, they called him for an offensive foul for pushing off.

It was absurd. One of many puzzling calls in a bizarre, tremendously inconsistently officiated game.

My favorite was the position early in the 2nd half where that scrub Arcidiacano was bodying Cooney, grabbing him, etc. the entire possession, physical with Cooney fighting through a screern, etc. And then when Trevor came to get the ball, they called him for an offensive foul for pushing off.

It was absurd. One of many puzzling calls in a bizarre, tremendously inconsistently officiated game.

That may have been the one where they almost tore his shirt off while he running across the baseline trying to use a screen.

It begs the question, why don't we use our length and athleticism (an advantage we have 90% of the time) to pressure, harass and intimidate, rather than be passive and leave gaps all over the floor?

Good quote.

I just remember one screen where Cooney came around it, you could see his jersey trailing 8 feet behind him in the Nova's players hand...and then someone else fouled him on the catch. I think he then turned it over.

And, I swear to all that's holy at one point I could hear Cooney yell after a Nova travel in the first half, "Walk, walk every f*****g time," as he threw his hands up and looked at the official. Then Nova scored inside. I wish I had TiVo's the game to rewatch that.

He must have been talking about Pinkston. It was purely a travesty how he got away with that so many times.

I scared the hell out of my two year old after that possession.

Is there a replay of this? I heard some people say he flopped and some people say he was pushed.

I have NEVER dropped an F Bomb in my house while watching an SU game, especially with my kids around. Today I dropped an F Bomb and was scolded by the better half. I simply could not contain the anger any longer. This game will live in infamy. INFAMY!

Terribly officiated game. They should take Brian O'Connell's whistle away from him, only seemed to blow at one end of the floor today.

I have NEVER dropped an F Bomb in my house while watching an SU game, especially with my kids around. Today I dropped an F Bomb and was scolded by the better half. I simply could not contain the anger any longer. This game will live in infamy. INFAMY!

I wish I had your composure. I dropped one and received a glare from my wife because our 1.5 yr old son was in the room. I tried to tell her there's no way our son heard it, but I'm pretty sure the neighbors did. It was just a frustrating game to watch, because the officiating was so one-sided.

It begs the question, why don't we use our length and athleticism (an advantage we have 90% of the time) to pressure, harass and intimidate, rather than be passive and leave gaps all over the floor?

We would have just been called for more fouls in that game. You did watch correct. Chris and Mike both picked up fouls trying to "olay" out of the way 20' from the basket. Trevor got one when he had his hand on the ball as Archie tried to shoot causing him to double clutch and then Trevor leaned back with his hands straight up while Archie flailed around trying to get the shot up. (Perfect D should have been a run out turn over was a foul on Cooney.) If we tried to pressure we would have fouled out the entire starting line up with 8min left in the game.

Actually, this is a good question and a very good point. JB has Big East blood in his veins. Has the ACC diluted the physical assertiveness so quickly? Used to be a day when toughness was handled with toughness and not complaints.

Actually, this is a good question and a very good point. JB has Big East blood in his veins. Has the ACC diluted the physical assertiveness so quickly? Used to be a day when toughness was handled with toughness and not complaints.

Are you talking about the kind of toughness that gave Pitt all those great regular seasons followed by early outs in the NCAAT?

Are you talking about the kind of toughness that gave Pitt all those great regular seasons followed by early outs in the NCAAT?

No. There's way more athleticism and intelligence here and JB is a superior coach. No comparison to Pitt. No way.

catin said:

The acc hasn't changed how su plays one bit.

No. There's way more athleticism and intelligence here and JB is a superior coach. No comparison to Pitt. No way.

I was talking about the "Toughness" that you wanted us to match from Nova. It wasn't necessarily toughness as it was overly physical fouling that wasn't called.

I was talking about the "Toughness" that you wanted us to match from Nova. It wasn't necessarily toughness as it was overly physical fouling that wasn't called.

Louisville is going to do the same thing when they come to the Dome in February. Will it be called in the dome?

I was referring to the OP's statement about physical assertiveness, that's all. I'm just saying play the game with the same tenor as it was being played upon SU. All this whining after the game does zero. Just play it the way it was dished out is what I believe the OP was conveying and I agree. You neutralize the whistles that way. Dished upon, dish it back.

I was referring to the OP's statement about physical assertiveness, that's all. I'm just saying play the game with the same tenor as it was being played upon SU. All this whining after the game does zero. Just play it the way it was dished out is what I believe the OP was conveying and I agree. You neutralize the whistles that way. Dished upon, dish it back.

And I'm saying it would have simply gotten us into deeper foul trouble earlier. I'm wondering if you watched very closely.

Cooney got hit hard a few times on moves to the basket. One time he initiated contact exactly like Villanova did. It wasn't called. Roc had 18 so obviously he went to the basket strong all game. Our guys must be to strong, therefore it looks like they don't get fouled when they go to the basket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom