JB: "I'm pretty much ready to go play golf somewhere" | Syracusefan.com

JB: "I'm pretty much ready to go play golf somewhere"

mlbball99

2nd String
I think JB is on his way out this year. Its a fitting end that he leaves with the Big East.

I love the new look with Hop taking over as we storm the damn ACC.

I don't know the context, but on its own, that makes it sound that he's given up on the season.

Wow. The team looked like it was ready to play golf today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, the PS just tweeted the context, which makes this look slightly less awful. They asked him about the leaving the Big East and losing the conference in general, and he said a 40 year old might worry but he's ready to go play golf somewhere.

Okay, the PS just tweeted the context, which makes this look slightly less awful. They asked him about the leaving the Big East and losing the conference in general, and he said a 40 year old might worry but he's ready to go play golf somewhere.

I'm 34 and I'm upset.

Syracuse Basketball@PSBasketball
He said a 40-year-old might worry about loss/leaving Big East. @mattfrieds Can we get some context to the "playing golf" quote?

I think JB is on his way out this year. Its a fitting end that he leaves with the Big East.

I love the new look with Hop taking over as we storm the damn ACC.

Gross told ESPN that JB would be the coach next year and that there was zero doubt.

Try your ESP on another topic.

If they were playing golf today, I'd say they would shoot between 150 and 160.

They would have lost all their balls and had to walk off the course after 11 holes. Then they would have backed into an old lady in the parking lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gross told ESPN that JB would be the coach next year and that there was zero doubt.

Try your ESP on another topic.

He made similar comments about another coach about 3 months ago.

JB just watched one of the 5 worst performances of any team that he has coached. What do you want him to say. The team has no heart, cant find its ass with a flash light and has about as much Basketball IQ as Dickie V. I place the blame on BT. I know we all like BT but he has never stepped up or very rarely steps up and the kid looks like he has an apple in his throat the size of a basketball. As a Senior G he needs to step up. Senior G's are always the leaders of their teams not forwards, not centers but G's. He will go down as the worst Senior Guard we have ever had.

JB just watched one of the 5 worst performances of any team that he has coached. What do you want him to say.

JB is not a spectator. I know he acts like he is but he's not. Jeez.

How will next year be better?

A starting 5 of (unproven) Ennis, (unproven) Gbinje/Cooney, (unproven) Coleman/Xmas/Grant (choose 2), and rock solid Fair.

A starting 5 of (unproven) Ennis, (unproven) Gbinje/Cooney, (unproven) Coleman/Xmas/Grant (choose 2), and rock solid Fair.

I don't follow the NBA at all, but is it really serious at this point that MCW is a first rounder? I don't see him as any better than Triche at this point. I know he has potential, but you have to show something don't you? In any normal year he would not even be considered a threat to come out. Would he?

I place the blame on BT. I know we all like BT but he has never stepped up or very rarely steps up and the kid looks like he has an apple in his throat the size of a basketball. As a Senior G he needs to step up. Senior G's are always the leaders of their teams not forwards, not centers but G's. He will go down as the worst Senior Guard we have ever had.

I have a 58" 1080p set, and it still doesn't have enough resolution for me to see that apple.
I kinda resent these remarks. The kid is playing hard. His heart is certainly in it. He's just struggling, and the struggles are a mental feedback machine. And, i'm not sure there isn't a physical issue, as well.

As a four year player, i'm glad we have him. I'm glad we've had him. I feel bad that this is happening during his 'showcase season.'

jimmy does his best work when there are zero expectations

I don't follow the NBA at all, but is it really serious at this point that MCW is a first rounder? I don't see him as any better than Triche at this point. I know he has potential, but you have to show something don't you? In any normal year he would not even be considered a threat to come out. Would he?

If i were a GM, i wouldn't draft him in the first round. In fact, i'd make it my mission to find some sleeper and take a flyer on him, rather than pick MCW. He's got potential, but it's going to be a couple of years before he's ready to contribute at that level. You want to pay him to learn and then hope to resign him once he actually is ready?

MCW is emblematic of our season. Fantastic against light competition, and all the warts are exposed against good teams.

jimmy does his best work when there are zero expectations

I've been with SU since 1985. I don't remember a season when there were "zero expectations."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo123

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom