JB: "I'm pretty much ready to go play golf somewhere" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB: "I'm pretty much ready to go play golf somewhere"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...hatter-boeheim-ready-to-go-play-golf/1975581/

After Boeheim had reminisced plenty about the Big East Conference during his post-game news conference, a reporter asked him if he'd miss it. His reply?

"Well, you know, I'm pretty much ready to go play golf somewhere," Boeheim said. "If was 40 years old, I'd be real upset. I'm not 40 years old. That should be obvious, though."

Boeheim continued to talk about other parts of the job he'd miss if he left the profession, discussing his dealings with reporters, instances that have gained infamy at times this season.

"I'll miss some of these press conferences with some of you people, having a chance to get mad," he said. "Then everyone's mad at me for a couple of weeks. How can he say those things? It's easy. It's real easy. I don't care."

Boeheim laughed, and reporters laughed.

How will next year be better?

A starting 5 of (unproven) Ennis, (unproven) Gbinje/Cooney, (unproven) Coleman/Xmas/Grant (choose 2), and rock solid Fair.

I'm not comparing next year to 03, but you could have said the same thing after the 02 season ended.

Just have to hope that Ennis pans out and the other guys step up.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...hatter-boeheim-ready-to-go-play-golf/1975581/

After Boeheim had reminisced plenty about the Big East Conference during his post-game news conference, a reporter asked him if he'd miss it. His reply?

"Well, you know, I'm pretty much ready to go play golf somewhere," Boeheim said. "If was 40 years old, I'd be real upset. I'm not 40 years old. That should be obvious, though."

Boeheim continued to talk about other parts of the job he'd miss if he left the profession, discussing his dealings with reporters, instances that have gained infamy at times this season.

"I'll miss some of these press conferences with some of you people, having a chance to get mad," he said. "Then everyone's mad at me for a couple of weeks. How can he say those things? It's easy. It's real easy. I don't care."

This actually sounds like the end is near.

This actually sounds like the end is near.

Syracuse Basketball@PSBasketball
In locker room, Boeheim clarifies his "I'm ready to play golf'' comment. Said at end of season, ready to play golf. Not ready to retire.

JB also made the same golf comment when SU was down by 18 to Oklahoma State in the 2003 Tourney.

End of season. Not end of career.

03 unranked and unknown-hows that

I guess we're talking about two different matters. There hasn't been a year when i didn't expect us to compete (top 3) in the league. I'm not talking about hopes for winning the NC.

So, i guess that begs for clarification of that oft-written line, that "JB does better when there are low expectations." What the heck is that supposed to mean?

JB just watched one of the 5 worst performances of any team that he has coached. What do you want him to say. The team has no heart, cant find its ass with a flash light and has about as much Basketball IQ as Dickie V. I place the blame on BT. I know we all like BT but he has never stepped up or very rarely steps up and the kid looks like he has an apple in his throat the size of a basketball. As a Senior G he needs to step up. Senior G's are always the leaders of their teams not forwards, not centers but G's. He will go down as the worst Senior Guard we have ever had.
Im really down on BT and have little faith he can turn it around.
This isn't a case of a senior with low expectations, we've heard for 4 years that Triche "doesn't realize how good he is". We've waited for a spark of leadership and some cujones, and they've been far & few between.
If he pulls out a major run in the next 2 weeks I'll gladly do a mea culpa and eat crow. But leadership, emotion, confidence, and "Brandon Triche" should never be mentioned in the same sentence again.

I have a 58" 1080p set, and it still doesn't have enough resolution for me to see that apple.
I kinda resent these remarks. The kid is playing hard. His heart is certainly in it. He's just struggling, and the struggles are a mental feedback machine. And, i'm not sure there isn't a physical issue, as well.

As a four year player, i'm glad we have him. I'm glad we've had him. I feel bad that this is happening during his 'showcase season.'
I gotta admit today was a first in that he didn't look like he was playing hard at all...

Im really down on BT and have little faith he can turn it around.
This isn't a case of a senior with low expectations, we've heard for 4 years that Triche "doesn't realize how good he is". We've waited for a spark of leadership and some cujones, and they've been far & few between.
If he pulls out a major run in the next 2 weeks I'll gladly do a mea culpa and eat crow. But leadership, emotion, confidence, and "Brandon Triche" should never be mentioned in the same sentence again.
not even "brandon triche lacks leadership, emotion and confidence"?

I guess we're talking about two different matters. There hasn't been a year when i didn't expect us to compete (top 3) in the league. I'm not talking about hopes for winning the NC.

So, i guess that begs for clarification of that oft-written line, that "JB does better when there are low expectations." What the heck is that supposed to mean?

i honestly could care less about the big east- to me its always been about the tourney -first get qualified then go deep- in the end big east championships are worthless- its the big prize at the end- the final game of the year

and i got to watch my team win it and lose a few in my life-thats more than most fans ever will

Sounded to me like he was talking about this season.

Why should he care more than the players do? Quite a few of the players have looked like they were ready to go play golf for the past three weeks. Hell, the scoring output has been well under par!

I don't follow the NBA at all, but is it really serious at this point that MCW is a first rounder? I don't see him as any better than Triche at this point. I know he has potential, but you have to show something don't you? In any normal year he would not even be considered a threat to come out. Would he?

I made the same observation a couple of weeks ago and was roundly criticized as a "Know-nothing". And to those that follow the NBA draft predictions and believe them, I guess I am. But though happenstance I have been to two NBA games in the past few weeks watching the generally hapless Washington Wizards up close.

I now really can't see MCW in the NBA.

He was stripped of the ball 4 times in the first 5 minutes of the game. NBA guards would eat him alive.

its all over folks...

If he goes to play overseas, I hope he brings his passport this time.

How will next year be better?

A starting 5 of (unproven) Ennis, (unproven) Gbinje/Cooney, (unproven) Coleman/Xmas/Grant (choose 2), and rock solid Fair.
After today, you'd have to ask yourself, could it be any worse?

Glad they all had a good old time.

The whole team quit today, and it started with JB. Once we got done it's almost as if he gave up. didn't even try to press once. stop arguing calls. pretty much stopped coaching in general. maybe he is frustrated, but what a terrible example to set. i can tolerate the bad play to an extent, but quitting is not acceptable. very disappointed.

has he ever sounded this disinterested?
not at all. that's JB at his best. When in a good mood that's how he always is. Sometimes with a blow out you can be this way, a close loss and the competitive juices probably would not have allowed him to be so relaxed and fun.

JB just watched one of the 5 worst performances of any team that he has coached. What do you want him to say. The team has no heart, cant find its ass with a flash light and has about as much Basketball IQ as Dickie V. I place the blame on BT. I know we all like BT but he has never stepped up or very rarely steps up and the kid looks like he has an apple in his throat the size of a basketball. As a Senior G he needs to step up. Senior G's are always the leaders of their teams not forwards, not centers but G's. He will go down as the worst Senior Guard we have ever had.

That is beyond uncalled for.

Wow. The team looked like it was ready to play golf today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We shot like we were playing golf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom