JB on Silent G | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB on Silent G

Exactly.

Really makes me wonder if some players feel pushed away from the program by JB. Again, just thoughts.

He also can push back like he did after the lesser Ennis pushed him away. ;)

Syracuse basketball coach Jim Boeheim says getting Michael Gbinije going is key for Orange (PS: Waters)

"Somehow we have to get Mike to play better,'' Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said. "That's paramount in my mind. Thinking about this team right now, I don't know where he is. He's just not effective at all. That's not something that we envisioned going into this year.''

"Mike's got to play better,'' Boeheim said. "He's certainly capable and it's important for us, for this team, for him to get going. I'd say that could be the most important thing right now.''

Boeheim said being asked to play so many positions isn't part of Gbinije's struggles. "This is not rocket science,'' Boeheim said. "We're not asking him to run the Princeton offense.''

G better snap out of his funk, especially if Roberson is going to miss some time.

Syracuse basketball coach Jim Boeheim says getting Michael Gbinije going is key for Orange (PS: Waters)

G better snap out of his funk, especially if Roberson is going to miss some time.

Just don't understand how any of that is appropriate to tell the media. You don't really even see professional sport coaches talking about their athletes like that. Granted, he's not exactly talking down about Mike, but wow that must be discouraging for a student athlete.

Unless JB envisions MG as the leader on and off the court for this team, I don't agree with it.

Boeheim only said what is painfully obvious. The offense was pretty bad, especially in the first half. I had high hopes for Gbinije at the start of the season. Last year there were debates about whether he or Cooney should be in the starting lineup. Gbinije is great in transition and plays good defense but as the tv analyst mentioned, he is not good in the half court because his jump shot is not good. Transfer from Duke, 4 years out of high school, I was hoping for more.

Gbinije has not been up to par or as good as envisioned.

However,

Cooney has been woeful. Roberson is a complete disappointment. Bj's looked lost. Rak fouls like I used to in rec basketball.

The team collectively has been disappointing in various aspects of the game. It just seems honestly bush league to call out one player.

who says it is a fault besides you? This falls under the truth hurts rule. Not like a stick in the eye but it still hurts.

Just don't see how it benefits the team, Gbinije, JB or anyone.

Just don't see how it benefits the team, Gbinije, JB or anyone.
Maybe you don't. But maybe jb does. Maybe silent G needs to be put out of his confort zone.

Maybe you don't. But maybe jb does. Maybe silent G needs to be put out of his confort zone.
True. Maybe he's trying to light a fire under G's ace. I truly believe Gbinije has the ability to shock every, maybe JB does too. Sometimes it takes a push. Definitely see what you're saying.

Would it better for JB to tell the media that everything is all rainbows and balloons, and that Gbinije is playing the best ball he's played in his career?

Maybe JB should take a page out of Shafer's playbook and say that the kids all tried really hard. :p

The team collectively has been disappointing in various aspects of the game. It just seems honestly bush league to call out one player.

G wasn't the only player that JB was disappointed with tonight.

Just don't understand how any of that is appropriate to tell the media. You don't really even see professional sport coaches talking about their athletes like that. Granted, he's not exactly talking down about Mike, but wow that must be discouraging for a student athlete.

Unless JB envisions MG as the leader on and off the court for this team, I don't agree with it.
if you let that bother you as a player then you are soft to begin with. Mike knows he played bad and I'm sure those mild comments from the coach won't bother him. If anything hopefully they motivate him to get it together. It seems like the coach thought very highly of him coming into the season and expected big things from him which should be a positive for a player. he isn't living up to it and the coach is concerned. Lets be honest, everyone knows he needs to play better for this team to do anything.

But i was always an athlete who was harder on myself than my coach was on me. so maybe my opinion here doesn't matter.

With Gbinijes, size, explosivness, strength, handle, verticle and experience how he wasn't one of the five best players on the court today baffles me.

With Gbinijes, size, explosivness, strength, handle, verticle and experience how he wasn't one of the five best players on the court today baffles me.

Except that IMO he is only average in all of those categories. Not saying he is a bad player and I get what you're saying.

I think it is just shocking to everybody how much of a deer in headlights he has been so far. The others minus Rak and CMac obviously have been too but Silent G has been here long enough and came from a high basketball culture place like Duke. He shouldn't be this ineffective or lost.

Except that IMO he is only average in all of those categories. Not saying he is a bad player and I get what you're saying.

I think it is just shocking to everybody how much of a deer in headlights he has been so far. The others minus Rak and CMac obviously have been too but Silent G has been here long enough and came from a high basketball culture place like Duke. He shouldn't be this ineffective or lost.

G puzzles me too. It reminds me of the time my dad said, "Maybe Forth could just get hypnosis". The brain can be a complicated thing to understand. Like Forth though, I think G can and will come out of it.

JB in that presser looked like a guy whose job was to put up a tent in a windstorm. He must get all the poles upright at once and in the middle of it, he's got to give a press conference.

did we ever find out why G had to sit out the opener? is there some kind of injury, or anything external lingering over his head?

team rule but they didn't specify other than that

did we ever find out why G had to sit out the opener? is there some kind of injury, or anything external lingering over his head?

Violation of Team Rules. "Team Thing" according to Trevor Cooney.

It's over with. He's back, He's playing. He has to play better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom