JB's Presser after Pitt | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Pitt

I'll take Final Fours every year thank you.

College basketball is like a lot of sports, you use the regular season to qualify for the tournament/playoffs and then you go as far as you can. The NY Giants won 2 Supers recently, who cares what their regular season record was. Who even remembers.

It's important and nice to win regular season games but I'll take championship runs every time.

Seeing them beat the Patriots was one of the best football moments of my LIFE, and I'm not even a Giants fan! (just hate the Patriots). I think Tyree deserves a statue almost as much a Boeheim.

I think that this PC was golden. I don't often laugh when reviewing the PCs but on this occasion I had a ton of chuckles. JB was very obviously in a good mood and really lowered the boom on Bud. But it was the interplay that was totally humorous and un-Boeheim. Loved it.

In this case the conversation was about how to guage the success of a single season? What is it that makes one season better than another.

If you are measuring the multi-year success of a program, you might not use or depend so heavily in FF appearances.

People on here seem to be having a lot of trouble understanding what was exactly said. Instead they are trotting out old arguments for what they wish had been said.

Townie, I wanted to issue a public apology. You seem sincere enough, so I redacted my post. Maybe I maybe we had a misunderstanding, you didn't deserve to get that kind of reply. I'm trying to be a better version of me, as silly(in the past I would have used another word there) as that sounds.

JBs most salient point towards our resident hack was that the pud would have been correct if we hadn't made our run last year.

Can someone help me here? What exactly is Bud's point?

lol at KCSU's answer, but I think it had something to do with a sudden and dramatic change in record after a certain point in a certain season, I had quoted the numbers he recounted in his new article that replied to Boeheim. Or at least that's what I got from a quick skim of the 2nd article.

I think Bud just felt the need to draw attention to himself. We can now probably look forward to a series of columns about how JB doesn't like his column.

He said that the Final Four last year obscured the fact that after we started our slide in 2014, we kept on sliding. We have lost more games the last three years than we had the ___(fill in blank, too lazy to look up) years before. We had FANTASTIC winning seasons, and then we didn't. He came right out and said the fault was with Boeheim. When I read that, I thought, "Uh oh."

Bud made the same point many of us on the board have fretted about. This season looked catastrophic. I don't think Bud's premise was wrong but I did question why he wrote it. Controversy and attention? (Gee, who does that remind me of?)

He said that the Final Four last year obscured the fact that after we started our slide in 2014, we kept on sliding. We have lost more games the last three years than we had the ___(fill in blank, too lazy to look up) years before. We had FANTASTIC winning seasons, and then we didn't. He came right out and said the fault was with Boeheim. When I read that, I thought, "Uh oh."

Bud made the same point many of us on the board have fretted about. This season looked catastrophic. I don't think Bud's premise was wrong but I did question why he wrote it. Controversy and attention? (Gee, who does that remind me of?)

If I am not mistaken that was Bud's original point. He presented a thesis and backed it up with numbers. Whether one agrees or not at least there was a point.

My question was for the rambling and seemingly pointless column post yesterday's presser.

If I am not mistaken that was Bud's original point. He presented a thesis and backed it up with numbers. Whether one agrees or not at least there was a point.

My question was for the rambling and seemingly pointless column post yesterday's presser.
Ah, that I did not read. Sorry for misunderstanding.

I'll take Final Fours every year thank you.

College basketball is like a lot of sports, you use the regular season to qualify for the tournament/playoffs and then you go as far as you can. The NY Giants won 2 Supers recently, who cares what their regular season record was. Who even remembers.

It's important and nice to win regular season games but I'll take championship runs every time.

I'll take Final Fours over regular season, too, (although I could argue that a great regular season is a better test of a team than a single elimination tournament). But why do we have to choose? Why not have pleasant thoughts about all our #1 ranked teams, 30 win teams, conference regulars season and tournament champions and our Final Four teams?

Your thoughtfullness at the end made me consider going back and editing out some of my post that let loose after he mocked me, but I realized I hadn't called him any names in return for his antics, so I left it. I hope I sprinkled enough good natured antics in to let the fanbase be ok with it. I want to keep the fans pleased.

Edit:I changed my mind. If anyone wishes to remove their thanks, I will understand.

I am not familiar with your "Am I awake" post. Is it regarding lucid dreaming? I sometimes use that technique during waking hours to hopefully induce LD, but it's been a long time, to be honest. I hope you're not suggesting we have lucid dreams where we suplex Townie, cover him for the 3 count, and do the title belt gesture(tm)? Actually it's fun to think about, but I've never done that in a regular dream that I recall, let alone a lucid one. If the fans will it, I am willing to consider it though. Townie has brought out the worst in me, on a day where the staff was actually kind to me. I'm unsure how the fans feel and could use some feedback from more of them...but suddenly they become lurkers.

Am I awake?

I'll take Final Fours over regular season, too, (although I could argue that a great regular season is a better test of a team than a single elimination tournament). But why do we have to choose? Why not have pleasant thoughts about all our #1 ranked teams, 30 win teams, conference regulars season and tournament champions and our Final Four teams?
Yes, if you look at it that way, the program has had many very successful and satisfying and memorable seasons. And that's exactly how it's felt to me personally, as a fan.

i like being ranked ! so much easier to pull up a score rather than click sub menu conference ACC. good teams are ranked JB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom