JB's presser remarks on recruiting | Syracusefan.com

JB's presser remarks on recruiting

Cuse House

All American
He reiterates what some have been saying, we are fine and Cuse basketball will continue to compete at the highest level. It sounds as if however he is remarking directly at those who question going after one guy. Does not sound like he will change that approach if he really likes a player.

How long before a 6'5" legitimate PG begins to hit people's draft boards?
He is a rather unknown guy nationally. Wasn't a big factor for us last year so it would take some games like at Wiscy and then into ACC games for him to start turning heads. Definitely possible, but he will have to sustain these efforts deeper into the season.

He looks a lot like MCW to me, especially if he continues to shoot reasonably well.

MCW's downside was his lack of shooting ability and he led the NCAA in turnovers. Although it's early, Frank is playing better than MCW did.

MCW's downside was his lack of shooting ability and he led the NCAA in turnovers. Although it's early, Frank is playing better than MCW did.
Frank definitely looks like MCW with a jump shot. If we weren't loaded at every position, I'd be worried about him showing out and going pro.

...still kind of am.

.....because we're Syracuse (the team that sends 4 star recruits to the NBA early with absurd regularity)

Lost - Boo Harvey Replacement - Sherman Douglas
Lost - Julius Hodge Replacement - Hakim Warrick
Lost - Michael Lloyd and Kenny Anderson - Replacement - Z Sims

I am sure there are others.

I understand that folks want to get excited about the present and forget about the past a bit, but MCW legitimately led the entire country in assists, steals & minutes as well.

Lost - Boo Harvey Replacement - Sherman Douglas
Lost - Julius Hodge Replacement - Hakim Warrick
Lost - Michael Lloyd and Kenny Anderson - Replacement - Z Sims

I am sure there are others.

Marbury -- Sims
Anderson -- a year later turned into Autry but that tremendously hurt that 89-90 squad. I can't begin to think what would have happened with Kenny Anderon on that team - ugh.

I understand that folks want to get excited about the present and forget about the past a bit, but MCW legitimately led the entire country in assists, steals & minutes as well.

Thank you. I love frank and his potential but MCW was a really, really good player despite his lack of shooting. Frank's not st that level yet.

Marbury -- Sims
Anderson -- a year later turned into Autry but that tremendously hurt that 89-90 squad. I can't begin to think what would have happened with Kenny Anderon on that team - ugh.

Wasn't Marburg actually David Patrick? That wasn't awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom