JB's presser remarks on recruiting | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB's presser remarks on recruiting

Looking at what's available left in the top 100, it looks like we may not have a top 100 recruit this year.

I do understand that we have done a great job with guys under the radar but those guys were also surrounded by top 50/75 players.

Am I the only one concerned by this?

Looking at what's available left in the top 100, it looks like we may not have a top 100 recruit this year.

I do understand that we have done a great job with guys under the radar but those guys were also surrounded by top 50/75 players.

Nope but if I think about it too long I get super depressed and never want to watch sports again.

Nope but if I think about it too long I get super depressed and never want to watch sports again.
If Brissett were still playing at Findlay, he would be top 100, at least. And we might not have got him.

All I know is the last time we had a subpar recruiting cycle - see Patterson, BJ, Obokoh - we cashed in with a couple NITs or near-misses.

If we can't land top 10 talent? Fine. But then we need to lock down the top 50 kids and sprinkle in an occasional McD. If our staff can't stick to that blueprint then we need turnover.

All I know is the last time we had a subpar recruiting cycle - see Patterson, BJ, Obokoh - we cashed in with a couple NITs or near-misses.
Yes but remember, the staff fully expected that team to have Ennis and Grant still on it!

Yes but remember, the staff fully expected that team to have Ennis and Grant still on it!
Are you suggesting that they coasted on the recruiting trails because they thought they didn't have holes to fill?

Some people need to ask themselves "Which Carebear am I?" and "Which Carebear do I want to be?"
upload_2016-12-2_12-7-20.jpeg
upload_2016-12-2_12-7-34.jpeg

Are you suggesting that they coasted on the recruiting trails because they thought they didn't have holes to fill?
I would hope not, but neither one of them was even projected to go anywhere before that season. So the staff and outside recruits all thought the same. That would have a direct impact on recruiting. And if those two were on the roster, those seasons would have gone a tad differently. Not saying championship worthy, but much more competitive.

where's the beef ? we had fab,raxmas and the moose man on the same roster and then added local 5 star kid dajuan after fab ingloriously left. we seem to be getting a lot of guard/swings but no true centers. what's up with that ?

Do I have to be either of those? Can't we find something more centrist.
Feel free to be whichever Carebear you like. I just chose those two because, well...one is Funshine Bear, and I think we all wish we were a little more like Funshine Bear. The other, I think, is Dickhead Bear, and people get sick of being around Dickhead Bear. So, we should strive to be less of a Dickhead Bear. Btw, I am not saying you are like Dickhead Bear.

Feel free to be whichever Carebear you like. I just chose those two because, well...one is Funshine Bear, and I think we all wish we were a little more like Funshine Bear. The other, I think, is Dickhead Bear, and people get sick of being around Dickhead Bear. So, we should strive to be less of a Dickhead Bear. Btw, I am not saying you are like Dickhead Bear.

One is named "Pinky Pie" :confused: and every time I hear it I think someone at carebears is with us.

Some of the information you gain from having daughters is really disheartening.

This is concerning.
I'm too bitter right now to post this in the quade thread, but we are so messed next year- and we still have to get through this year.

I'm too bitter right now to post this in the quade thread, but we are so messed next year- and we still have to get through this year.
After last night, I'm starting to think that we are going to be so bad this year, that it might actually be difficult for us to be any worse. Although, AW not scoring much last night pretty much showed us what next year is going to look like!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom