Class of 2017 - JERRY MEYER’S 247SPORTS CRYSTAL BALL PREDICTIONS | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 JERRY MEYER’S 247SPORTS CRYSTAL BALL PREDICTIONS

Why? We are trying to elevate our recruiting this year. How many times has JB or JB/Hop had classes that included multiple top 25 guys? Our expectations for this class are sky high for no reason other than we have made offers and we have scholarships available. We act like we could have had classes with multiple top 25 guys in it with regularity in the past if only JB had chosen to pursue them. I don't believe that. Have we passed on some guys? Sure, but I am not a big believer that we carry the same recruiting weight as UK, Duke and Kansas. Those guys pull those types of classes most years. Can we compete with them for indivdiual recruits and occasionally for a top class, maybe? Should we expect to beat them head to head with frequency. I wouldn't put a lot of money on it.

I think the result may be more of an indictment of the change in strategy than the recruiter(s) trying to implement it. And, truth be told, I don't know that you can judge either based on one recruiting class.
Bs. We are coming off a final 4. Have 7 skips can pretty much offer major roles. If he cant close this year i have serious doubts he has the chops to be a lead recruiter. Being a good guy and great 3 point shooter doesn't mean sh...t in recruiting. Can he relate to the kids? Gmac is a scranton kid with very little in common with the kids we are trying to land.

If anyone cares.

• Mohamed Bamba (Duke)
  • Hamidou Diallo (Kentucky)
  • Quade Green (Syracuse)
  • Kevin Knox (Duke)
  • John Petty (Kentucky)
  • Nick Richards (Kentucky)
  • Jarred Vanderbilt (Kentucky)
  • PJ Washington (Kentucky)
  • Lonnie Walker (Arizona)
  • Trae Young (Kentucky)
Regarding Arizona and Lonnie Walker, Arizona already had 14 people projected (4 for next year) on their 2017-2018 roster before Lonnie's Visit. It also looks like that they may now close to getting a 5th from a different prospect. The most you can have is 13 people on your team. If they were to get Lonnie (which I feel is low probability due to the numbers), they would have to jettison 2-3 people from the current projected roster.

Last edited by a moderator:
But, but, but what what about the silent verbal we got? I'm at the point where I think im done following this '17 recruiting circus I mean cycle. I'll check back when early signing starts.

But, but, but what what about the silent verbal we got? I'm at the point where I think im done following this '17 recruiting circus I mean cycle. I'll check back when early signing starts.
I thought Quade had a tutor assigned?

Dude, why all the crazy hand-wringing and doubt? Five, yes FIVE of the top TWENTY FIVE recruits in the nation are currently committed, according to the ESPN top 100. TWENTY THREE of the top 50 are committed. THE MAJORITY of top 50 recruits have not even committed yet. ONE FIFTH of the top 25 have committed... but because the players aren't following your imaginary timeline, we should be concerned about the program? Why not let things shake out first before going off. If by the start of next season we missed on Green and others, and the class just sucks, you'll have all the ammo you need... but come on, slow your roll.

Dude, why all the crazy hand-wringing and doubt? Five, yes FIVE of the top TWENTY FIVE recruits in the nation are currently committed, according to the ESPN top 100. TWENTY THREE of the top 50 are committed. THE MAJORITY of top 50 recruits have not even committed yet. ONE FIFTH of the top 25 have committed... but because the players aren't following your imaginary timeline, we should be concerned about the program? Why not let things shake out first before going off. If by the start of next season we missed on Green and others, and the class just sucks, you'll have all the ammo you need... but come on, slow your roll.
Where did I say anything about being concerned about the program? I don't think it's that ridiculous of an opinion that this '17 recruiting cycle has been weird or concerning. Yes I'm concerned about fielding a team next year, I love the idea of grad transfers but there is no guarantee on who will be available. And if we don't get enough commits that'll be the avenue we will take.

Being a good guy and great 3 point shooter doesn't mean sh...t in recruiting. Can he relate to the kids? Gmac is a scranton kid with very little in common with the kids we are trying to land.

WHAT?!? Gmac can't relate, but JB & Hop can? Does anything more need to be said about this statement?!? :crazy::crazy::crazy:

The Official kcsu People Who Relate Better with Recruits than GMac list:

geek.jpg

underwater-wine-tasting.jpeg

5e59bf01fa54822f689d1bef3532ace62769f19e7dbb095414e966abce09a0cf.jpg

donald-trump-profile.jpg

WHAT?!? Gmac can't relate, but JB & Hop can? Does anything more need to be said about this statement?!? :crazy::crazy::crazy:

JB relates to these kids about as much as Coach K and Calapari do. It's the particular schools that 'relate' differently. ;)

I would say that Hop and GMac are two very, very different personalities. Also when we went from recruiting guys like Greg Lewis and Billy Celuck to Melo and Edelin and Watkins in matter of a couple of years, was it that Boeheim suddenly forgot and then all of a sudden remembered how to relate to these kids? I think you're underestimating just how important the right assistants are to building a class. Hope GMac has it in him because there's more and more competition out there every year. We're not going to be able to keep up in the ACC with grad transfers and diamonds in the rough.