jersey guys | Syracusefan.com

jersey guys

tipphill

All Conference
i truly do not like the staff passing on jersey guys---very bad. when we were good we had multiple jersey guys, and when we are bad we have few. we let ru maintain a presence with this fertile territory, frankly i am not confident that the coaches mindset is in the best interest in the long term success of our program---i have said for years, we need nj,li, and nyc to be successfull, --i have little confidence in this staffs talent evaluation. we need this recruiting area, and are blowing it. if you know su history, bread and butter came from these areas.

i truly do not like the staff passing on jersey guys---very bad. when we were good we had multiple jersey guys, and when we are bad we have few. we let ru maintain a presence with this fertile territory, frankly i am not confident that the coaches mindset is in the best interest in the long term success of our program---i have said for years, we need nj,li, and nyc to be successfull, --i have little confidence in this staffs talent evaluation. we need this recruiting area, and are blowing it. if you know su history, bread and butter came from these areas.

Throw PA in there, too.

jersey-boys-film-review.jpg

very odd to me that we were so strong in jersey last year yet this year have lost out on some of our targets. Honestly, i dont care if all the kids came from Alaska or Hawaii, as long as they can play. Just odd to see the inroads made last year not recurring this year.

Are you really saying that the only reason we went through bad spells was because we didn't have kids from NJ?

And like has been said above, I want kids that can play and that can succeed in SU's system. I don't really care if they're from New Zealand. We do not NEED Jersey to be successful, as long as we are successful elsewhere. Would it be nice? Sure. But we don't NEED it.

orange79 said:
Are you really saying that the only reason we went through bad spells was because we didn't have kids from NJ? And like has been said above, I want kids that can play and that can succeed in SU's system. I don't really care if they're from New Zealand. We do not NEED Jersey to be successful, as long as we are successful elsewhere. Would it be nice? Sure. But we don't NEED it.

I think we need to be relatively successful recruiting Jersey, as in 3-4 kids a year.

There's just not enough talent in the rest of the Northeast for us to fair well there.

We can only get so many kids from the Midwest and the South that can help us.

Are you really saying that the only reason we went through bad spells was because we didn't have kids from NJ?

And like has been said above, I want kids that can play and that can succeed in SU's system. I don't really care if they're from New Zealand. We do not NEED Jersey to be successful, as long as we are successful elsewhere. Would it be nice? Sure. But we don't NEED it.
no i did not say that it was the ONLY REASON --YOU DID---. is there any relationship between our demise and ru rise? that was the perfect storm. ru schedueled softly and won, we invested nothing in our program and lost---we got shut out of the metro area recruiting wise. east coast guys are our best recruiting area if we to maintain sustainability. iguess you forget what happened to us. why does almost every p5 conference heavily recruit pa and nj? i am always amazed by the level of denial---despite the history and performance

tipphill said:

If you have no confidence in their evolutions it doesn't matter where they are recruiting.

I'm very happy with this class. Passing on NJ guys for guys they had higher on their board is s no brainier.

tipphill said:
no i did not say that it was the ONLY REASON --YOU DID---. is there any relationship between our demise and ru rise? that was the perfect storm. ru schedueled softly and won, we invested nothing in our program and lost---we got shut out of the metro area recruiting wise. east coast guys are our best recruiting area if we to maintain sustainability. iguess you forget what happened to us. why does almost every p5 conference heavily recruit pa and nj? i am always amazed by the level of denial---despite the history and performance

Lots of unsubstantiated claims in this post. The perception of RU is different. I don't think we are that far apart, if at all - in reality.

Now that is off the charts.

What exactly are they trying to do?

So, I guess you aren't happy with our current recruiting class so far. Only 1 NJ kid. Too bad - I think we got some players. But who knows?

I'm not saying to stop recruiting NJ/LI/NYC. But to imply it should be our primary focus is limiting and self-defeating. If the staff has a chance to bring in kids they want, should they not take them just to get NJ kids on board? Let it play out. If the staff is indeed 'blowing it', they will be out. But I don't think they are. And I'm not in denial about anything.

orange79 said:
So, I guess you aren't happy with our current recruiting class so far. Only 1 NJ kid. Too bad - I think we got some players. But who knows? I'm not saying to stop recruiting NJ/LI/NYC. But to imply it should be our primary focus is limiting and self-defeating. If the staff has a chance to bring in kids they want, should they not take them just to get NJ kids on board? Let it play out. If the staff is indeed 'blowing it', they will be out. But I don't think they are. And I'm not in denial about anything.

Yep. It's not like we stopped recruiting NJ. The guys we liked chose elsewhere or we passed because we liked other guys better.

TheCusian said:
Yep. It's not like we stopped recruiting NJ. The guys we liked chose elsewhere or we passed because we liked other guys better.

We've recruited heavily in Jersey.

We just haven't been too successful this year.

Not sure I agree with the NJ argument but some of this staffs recruiting decisions are hard to understand. The wr recruitment this year has been beyond baffling. Sadiq Palmer as the only true WR recruit? What???

Not sure I agree with the NJ argument but some of this staffs recruiting decisions are hard to understand. The wr recruitment this year has been beyond baffling. Sadiq Palmer as the only true WR recruit? What???
We clearly didn't like many WRs this class, for whatever reason. The ones we did like were in NJ, but Darby chose Iowa, Hawkins is probably going to Michigan, and Stewart is picking either Stanford or Michigan I'm assuming. After those guys, there just didn't seem to be anyone the staff particularly liked. C'est la vie.

ngUOTE="jekelish, post: 1418896, member: 82"]We clearly didn't like many WRs this class, for whatever reason. The ones we did like were in NJ, but Darby chose Iowa, Hawkins is probably going to Michigan, and Stewart is picking either Stanford or Michigan I'm assuming. After those guys, there just didn't seem to be anyone the staff particularly liked. C'est la vie.[/QUOTE]

I can understand missing out on your top targets that happens and a reason why myself and others said not taking any wrs last year was taking a huge gamble that we would/could clean up in this class and obviously at least to this point it's been anything but that. After not taking any wide receivers last year we simply can't just throw up our hands after missing our top targets. We need at least 2 more traditional wrs in this class.

ngUOTE="jekelish, post: 1418896, member: 82"]We clearly didn't like many WRs this class, for whatever reason. The ones we did like were in NJ, but Darby chose Iowa, Hawkins is probably going to Michigan, and Stewart is picking either Stanford or Michigan I'm assuming. After those guys, there just didn't seem to be anyone the staff particularly liked. C'est la vie.

I can understand missing out on your top targets that happens and a reason why myself and others said not taking any wrs last year was taking a huge gamble that we would/could clean up in this class and obviously at least to this point it's been anything but that. After not taking any wide receivers last year we simply can't just throw up our hands after missing our top targets. We need at least 2 more traditional wrs in this class.[/QUOTE]
Well they're still hoping Irvin will be brought in, so even though he's more of a WR/TE hybrid I think he can be chalked up as a more traditional WR. And I think we MIGHT see one more WR targeted later in the cycle based on what else happens with the team.

I can understand missing out on your top targets that happens and a reason why myself and others said not taking any wrs last year was taking a huge gamble that we would/could clean up in this class and obviously at least to this point it's been anything but that. After not taking any wide receivers last year we simply can't just throw up our hands after missing our top targets. We need at least 2 more traditional wrs in this class.
Well they're still hoping Irvin will be brought in, so even though he's more of a WR/TE hybrid I think he can be chalked up as a more traditional WR. And I think we MIGHT see one more WR targeted later in the cycle based on what else happens with the team.[/QUOTE]

Staff should be looking to get involved in a few upper echelon guys who aren't planning in committing for awhile we have a good track record of getting guys with bug offers late in the game. I just can't fathom that thus staff is really saying we're done with wrs in this class, makes no sense.

Georgia is the new Jersey.

There has to be consistency in recruiting if you want to be successful. If you have the worst offense in all of CFB (ok, exaggerating, 2nd worst) you can't spend time/resources recruiting an area and then decide to jump to new areas. Well, I guess technically you can do that but then you end up with the one of the worst offenses in CFB.

Jeremy, if it makes you feel any better, all 6 WR and 2 out of 3 HB have eligibility left for 2016.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom