Jim Boeheim on Tyler Roberson, B.J. Johnson: Overseas trip was 'great for them' (PS: Ditota) | Syracusefan.com

Jim Boeheim on Tyler Roberson, B.J. Johnson: Overseas trip was 'great for them' (PS: Ditota)

It's great to have Donna and Mike on the beat. They do a great job. Roberson sounds like he's getting ready to be a primary contributor for us. That will be huge. I was less concerned about BJ being ready because we are heavy in the backcourt. I think both will do well this season, but we need Tyler to fill up part of the hole left by CJ and Jerami.

It's a possibility that Mr. Philly is our second leading scorer this year, even if he comes off the bench.

It's a possibility that Mr. Philly is our second leading scorer this year, even if he comes off the bench.

Not sure how many minute he is going to get behind Roberson, McCullough, G (when playing the 3) and sometimes Rak when he plays the 4. The season after this one is going to be his year.

Not sure how many minute he is going to get behind Roberson, McCullough, G (when playing the 3) and sometimes Rak when he plays the 4. The season after this one is going to be his year.
I don't see G playing the 3 much to be honest. But I've been wrong before ;)
But of all the forwards, he might just be our best inside out guy. If Roberson or Hammer struggle, he could be instant offense. You know that might just come in handy.

I don't see Rak playing much, if any, at the 4. Not unless Obokoh surprises us.

GonzoInMD said:
I don't see Rak playing much, if any, at the 4. Not unless Obokoh surprises us.

I don't see him at the 4 much either unless Coleman emerges from a cave during the season.

tee1222 said:
I don't see G playing the 3 much to be honest. But I've been wrong before ;) But of all the forwards, he might just be our best inside out guy. If Roberson or Hammer struggle, he could be instant offense. You know that might just come in handy.

I think Kaleb is going to get close to Ennis minutes, that said G is a very talented player and without minutes at the one and Cooney playing 30+ G is higher on the depth chart than BJ. Not saying that won't change or shouldn't change it's just the way JB uses his players throughout history.