Jim Boeheim's thoughts on the Penn State scandal | Syracusefan.com

Jim Boeheim's thoughts on the Penn State scandal

Shouldn't say anything if that's all he's got on the matter.

Boeheim actually makes some great points in there.

He makes no good points. He is coming to the defense of someone who allowed a child rapist to roam free on the PSU campus having his pick of kids for nearly 15 years.

He makes no good points. He is coming to the defense of someone who allowed a child rapist to roam free on the PSU campus having his pick of kids for nearly 15 years.
no he also makes many points from his whole career. not just the last 20 years. im not sticking up for either boeheim or paterno.

How is he coming to his defense when he says more than once that what Paterno did was wrong.

He was obviously ticked at the trustees for letting Paterno know by phone. I also think that was a highly unprofessional way of handling it.

I thought they were reasonable thoughts on JB's part...given it's a public forum.

I little harsh on the media considering the magnitude of the scandal.

How is he coming to his defense when he says more than once that what Paterno did was wrong.

He was obviously ticked at the trustees for letting Paterno know by phone. I also think that was a highly unprofessional way of handling it.

So irrelevant its not even funny given the context of what we are talking about. It was also highly unprofessional to standby and do nothing while kids were raped. At least he got a phone call and wasn't left to find out about it on ESPN.

Can any of the old timers give some history on the spat JB had with Paterno 15+ years ago? I don't recall that one.

Can any of the old timers give some history on the spat JB had with Paterno 15+ years ago? I don't recall that one.
Basically JB has said that Penn State would never be a successful program in the Big 10. Ever. Then Paterno responded withsomething like he should talk because he never has won a National Championship despite all the talent he has had.

I think it was more like 20 years ago because I thought I was in college when it happened.

This interviewer did an awful job. He never asked the most important and only relevant question to ask a legendary longtime college coach like Boeheim:

"How well do you really know Bernie?"

... too soon?

This interviewer did an awful job. He never asked the most important and only relevant question to ask a legendary longtime college coach like Boeheim:

... too soon?
lol while I understand your humor I want to point something out. It wasn't an interview really. It was Boeheim on his weekly radio show, and Matt Park who kind of hosts it, simply said "could you give your thoughts on the Penn State situation?" And then Jim went on about a 6-7 minute rant, which is what you read in my article.

Basically JB has said that Penn State would never be a successful program in the Big 10. Ever. Then Paterno responded withsomething like he should talk because he never has won a National Championship despite all the talent he has had.

I think it was more like 20 years ago because I thought I was in college when it happened.
Wasn't there also something about the BE wanting Penn State as a corner stone for the league and Joe Pa turned them down.

One thing I think he is wrong on is the victims needing a fund. I think before long all the kids involved are going to be set for life. If JB thinks the PS alumni will contribute $5 million to a fund, how much do you think lawsuits will get from the University, and all the various people all the way down to the grad assistent for not reporting a vicious crime to the police. Criminal libility is one thing but isn't there a moral libility too?

One thing I think he is wrong on is the victims needing a fund. I think before long all the kids involved are going to be set for life. If JB thinks the PS alumni will contribute $5 million to a fund, how much do you think lawsuits will get from the University, and all the various people all the way down to the grad assistent for not reporting a vicious crime to the police. Criminal libility is one thing but isn't there a moral libility too?

I agree. A general fund for all victims of sexual abuse would be much more fitting.

lol while I understand your humor I want to point something out. It wasn't an interview really. It was Boeheim on his weekly radio show, and Matt Park who kind of hosts it, simply said "could you give your thoughts on the Penn State situation?" And then Jim went on about a 6-7 minute rant, which is what you read in my article.

Hopefully the podcast will be up here shortly: http://www.suathletics.com/podcasts.aspx

If JB thinks the PS alumni will contribute $5 million to a fund

FWIW, some PSU alumni did set up a giving campaign through RAINN. Their goal is $500,000, $1 for each of their 577,000 alumni.

I agree. A general fund for all victims of sexual abuse would be much more fitting.

You're joking. Penn State has a responsibility to do whatever it can for those kids that were raped because, well, Penn State is responsible for those heinous acts.

A general fund, a revamped administration, rules requiring Penn State personnel to report these things to the police, and plenty of other initiatives need to happen. But JB is right that Penn State should use this publicity to raise money specifically for these kids. now.

... too soon?
I'm really starting to regret this comment. Sorry guys, this is all my fault.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom