Jimmy Fallon returns the Tonight show to NYC | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Fallon returns the Tonight show to NYC

all i get out of this is, alsacs doesnt know how to work a remote or has a 1 channel tv. however through his genius, he was able to somehow rig it so he could find the kimmel show.

and now its his mission, to help all the other remote control challenged americans or those who bought those tvs that can only get nbc...find out that they could have abc too.

but only if they free their minds and close their mouths and dont let the tonight show henchmen shove anything down it.

hes here to help you from the trojan horse that is jimmy fallon and all the evil that is behind and in him.

dont persecute him, embrace him.

and sure as hell dont ask him about danny schayes.

images

This was Kimmel defending O'Brien from NBC/Leno.

Also, don't think this whole screw job of Conan didn't cost NBCU Chairman Jeff Zucker his job. It was definitely a HUGE reason the guy lost his job and is now the President of CNN and ruining that station's brand like he did NBCU. NBC used to be the best network in America, but Zucker rode being Katie Couric's EP at Today Showall the way to becoming the Chairman of NBCU and destroying that once great brand into the network it is today which is 4th in the country.

Fallon has his audience and won't be a failure because he has the Lorne Michaels machine backing him. Until Michaels retires which will be never IMO Fallon will be fine because Michaels knows how to run a tight ship. I am interested in seeing if Michaels is going to be stretched thin calling the shots for Fallon's show, SNL, AND Seth Myers Late Night show. NBC is having both its 11:35 and 12:30 shows originate from NYC and that hasn't been done since have had late late show at 12:30.

Carson was in LA while Letterman was in NYC. Leno stayed in LA and Conan was in NYC. Letterman was in NYC while Tom Synder, Craig Kilborn, Craig Ferguson have all been in LA. Conan/Leno were out in LA and Fallon stayed in NYC. Now Jimmy Fallon is staying in NYC and his show after him is going to originate in NYC. That is going to over-stature the guest market in NYC with Colbert, Stewart along with Fallon and Myers.

MUCH more important question - who is the bigger Syracuse fan: Fallon, Kimmel, or Letterman? Because that's how I determine who to watch.

This was Kimmel defending O'Brien from NBC/Leno.

Also, don't think this whole screw job of Conan didn't cost NBCU Chairman Jeff Zucker his job. It was definitely a HUGE reason the guy lost his job and is now the President of CNN and ruining that station's brand like he did NBCU. NBC used to be the best network in America, but Zucker rode being Katie Couric's EP at Today Showall the way to becoming the Chairman of NBCU and destroying that once great brand into the network it is today which is 4th in the country.

Fallon has his audience and won't be a failure because he has the Lorne Michaels machine backing him. Until Michaels retires which will be never IMO Fallon will be fine because Michaels knows how to run a tight ship. I am interested in seeing if Michaels is going to be stretched thin calling the shots for Fallon's show, SNL, AND Seth Myers Late Night show. NBC is having both its 11:35 and 12:30 shows originate from NYC and that hasn't been done since have had late late show at 12:30.

Carson was in LA while Letterman was in NYC. Leno stayed in LA and Conan was in NYC. Letterman was in NYC while Tom Synder, Craig Kilborn, Craig Ferguson have all been in LA. Conan/Leno were out in LA and Fallon stayed in NYC. Now Jimmy Fallon is staying in NYC and his show after him is going to originate in NYC. That is going to over-stature the guest market in NYC with Colbert, Stewart along with Fallon and Myers.

I'm sure you have plenty of reasons for disliking Lorne Michaels, but I give him a lot of credit for bringing us a huge amount of comedic geniuses...for giving them a platform to succeed and find an audience. As for the NYC/LA thing, I doubt it will be that big of a deal. But if it means less actors and more diverse/interesting guests, that's a positive in my book too.

I get the feeling Alsacs had one chance at writing an SNL sketch and Fallon ruined it by cracking up as a background character and completely disrupting the sketch.

Don't worry, Alsacs, Fallon did that with EVERY sketch he was in, not just yours.

Unrelated to anything else, the SNL cast that introduced the world to guys like Hader and Samberg will go down as one of the three or four best they've had, along with the originals, the Myers/Carvey/Hartman/Farley crew, and Ferrell and his whole era. Samberg has grown on me a lot over the years and Hader is legitimately just awesome.

81 post thread about Jimmy Fallon and you guys give me about the stadium?

I'm kidding

no i'm not

I get the feeling Alsacs had one chance at writing an SNL sketch and Fallon ruined it by cracking up as a background character and completely disrupting the sketch.

Don't worry, Alsacs, Fallon did that with EVERY sketch he was in, not just yours.

Unrelated to anything else, the SNL cast that introduced the world to guys like Hader and Samberg will go down as one of the three or four best they've had, along with the originals, the Myers/Carvey/Hartman/Farley crew, and Ferrell and his whole era. Samberg has grown on me a lot over the years and Hader is legitimately just awesome.

Dude I went to Law School and am a lawyer I have done legal work for NBCU.
I do not nor have I ever wanted to work in comedy(my friends on this board can confirm this for me so people don't believe this crap). I don't have the level of genius that actual funny people possess like Ferrell, Hartman, McDonald, Murray, Myers, Carvey, Fey all had/have. I know my limits. However, if you think SNL has been funny since Will Ferrell and the last good cast member Darryl Hammond left your crazy. SNL nowadays is about the SNL brand and it sucks now.

Also, Fallon was horrible on SNL because he and Horatio Sanz could never finish any sketch together without laughing. Fallon is lucky is he part of the Lorne Michaels/Tina Fey clique with Seth Myers, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Kristin Wiig, Andy Samberg, Jason Sudeikis. That is why his star has risen because he sure as hell wasn't funny in the movies he did after leaving SNL.

I not nor have I ever wanted to work in comedy(my friends on this board can confirm this for me so people don't believe this crap). I don't have the level of genius that actual funny people possess like Ferrell, Hartman, McDonald, Murray, Myers, Carvey, Fey all had/have. I know my limits. However, if you think SNL has been funny since Will Ferrell and the last good cast member Darryl Hammond left your crazy. SNL nowadays is about the SNL brand and it sucks now.

Also, Fallon was horrible on SNL because he and Horatio Sanz could never finish any sketch together without laughing. Fallon is lucky is he part of the Lorne Michaels/Tina Fey clique with Seth Myers, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Kristin Wiig, Andy Samberg, Jason Sudeikis. That is why his star has risen because he sure as hell wasn't funny in the movies he did after leaving SNL.
Ah, well you didn't have to point out you hadn't worked in comedy if you think I was being serious with my response, just FYI.

Also I didn't say SNL is funny. Hell, I don't even watch it. The sketches drag on far too long and jokes are perpetually beaten into the ground. I just think Hader and Samberg (and Wiig and Sudeikis, among others) are very funny people.

Ah, well you didn't have to point out you hadn't worked in comedy if you think I was being serious with my response, just FYI.
Well with people already joking about comparing me to the Danny Schayes thread I am not going to take any chances. I figured you were joking, but I was hoping by typing that my friend who is a lurker who actually works in entertainment in LA will post to defend me.

Well with people already joking about comparing me to the Danny Schayes thread I am not going to take any chances. I figured you were joking, but I was hoping by typing that my friend who is a lurker who actually works in entertainment in LA will post to defend me.
its blatently apparent that you are not funny.

but the obsession on fallon is confounding for sure.

hes 2 for 2, but i didnt really like the wiig bit last night.

and name 1 talk show host, whos EVER been a movie star. i could care less about fallons movie bombs.

other than chevy, whos talk show failed.

and name 1 talk show host, whos EVER been a movie star. i could care less about fallons movie bombs.

Yeah, the closest you could get would probably be Arsenio, and I'm not sure anyone would have ever called him a movie "star" even if he was awesome in Coming to America.

I was talking about his movie career post-SNL which sucked. Fallon left SNL in 2004 and took over Late in Night in late 2009. Fallon got that Late Night slot because of Michaels. I don't hate the guy, I don't like how he has been manufactured out to be the next big thing by Lorne Michaels.

Jon Stewart had a decent movie/acting career before taking over the Daily Show. No talk show host can do movies and host their own show and I know you know that.

I do not nor have I ever wanted to work in comedy(my friends on this board can confirm this for me so people don't believe this crap). I don't have the level of genius that actual funny people possess like Ferrell, Hartman, McDonald, Murray, Myers, Carvey, Fey all had/have. I know my limits. However, if you think SNL has been funny since Will Ferrell and the last good cast member Darryl Hammond left your crazy. SNL nowadays is about the SNL brand and it sucks now.

Now this I simply will not let pass. If I'm "crazy" for thinking this is funny then commit me:

I was talking about his movie career post-SNL which sucked. Fallon left SNL in 2004 and took over Late in Night in late 2009. Fallon got that Late Night slot because of Michaels. I don't hate the guy, I don't like how he has been manufactured out to be the next big thing by Lorne Michaels.

Jon Stewart had a decent movie/acting career before taking over the Daily Show. No talk show host can do movies and host their own show and I know you know that.
what??

of course we are talking about movies before they got the talk show. great movies before talk show...leno, letterman, conan???...zip, zero and nada.

and jon stewart had a limited to useless movie/tv career before getting kilborns show. best he had done was his own talk show, which failed.

fallon was certainly hand picked, it came out of nowhere and lordy lordy...it worked!!! sorry for you.

if he didnt work...lorne wouldve fired him.

and i know you know that.

fallon was certainly hand picked, it came out of nowhere and lordy lordy...it worked!!! sorry for you.

It didn't even come out of nowhere. NBC had Fallon on a holding deal and Jimmy was back doing standup tours in 2008 in prep for monologues. This was in the books after Conan was announced to go to the Tonight Show.

Also, Michaels was the EP for Late Night w/ Conan as well...so YEAH, of course he got to pick Jimmy as the host after Conan. He picked Conan out of literally nowhere and was a huge success so..ummm..NBC would probably listen to him, no?

It didn't even come out of nowhere. NBC had Fallon on a holding deal and Jimmy was back doing standup tours in 2008 in prep for monologues. This was in the books after Conan was announced to go to the Tonight Show.

Also, Michaels was the EP for Late Night w/ Conan as well...so YEAH, of course he got to pick Jimmy as the host after Conan. He picked Conan out of literally nowhere and was a huge success so..ummm..NBC would probably listen to him, no?

Listen, knowledge and logic have no place in this thread.

No. Place.

Dude no offense, but I don't appreciate the passive aggressive joke like the dude with Danny Schayes thread. I know what the hell I am talking about and don't appreciate this joke.
So sorry, I bow to your awesomeness ... Dude.

From Wikipedia:

Meanwhile, Late Night host David Letterman was preparing to leave, prompting executive producer Lorne Michaels to search for a new host. Michaels approached O'Brien to produce; then-agent Gavin Polone stressed that O'Brien wanted to perform, rather than produce.[32] He arranged with Michaels that O'Brien would do a test audition on the stage of The Tonight Show. Jason Alexander and Mimi Rogers were the guests, and the audience was composed of Simpsons writers.[33] Wolodarksky recalled the experience: "Seeing this friend of yours, this guy that you worked with, walk out from behind that curtain and deliver a monologue was like something you could only dream up that you couldn’t ever imagine actually happening."[33] The performance was beamed by satellite to New York, where Lorne Michaels and NBC executives watched. O'Brien was picked as the new host of Late Night on April 26, 1993.[3] As the writers headed to the voice record for "Homer Goes to College", O'Brien received a phone call from Polone informing him of the decision. "He was passed out facedown into this horrible shag carpet. He was just quiet and comatose down there on that carpet," recalled postproduction supervisor Michael Mendel. "I remember looking at him and saying, 'Wow. Your life is about to change, in a really dramatic way.'"[34]

So Evil Lorne "hand-picked" Conan to replace Letterman, first as a producer, but then as the host. Evil Lorne then managed to keep him on the air when NBC execs wants to replace him multiple times in his first year. Eventually Conan got the Tonight Show gig, which obviously ended badly, but I'm not sure how that was Evil Lorne's fault.

I mean, what a jerk, right?! No wonder why someone is pissed about what he's doing with Fallon, its like the exact same thing he did with Conan, who someone loves. Wait.

Just completed a survey of all my FB friends who cared whether Fallon might have been crammed down everyone's throat.

Official results: Out of the 3 people who responded, everyone thinks Kimmel sucks.

Results could be considered inconclusive, no replies from my LA friends.

Listen I am sick of this crap. If you disagree with me fine I am done talking about this crap. Enjoy Fallon I could careless he is going no where even if he sucks. The last thing I will say is that yes Lorne was an EP for Conan as Conan was a former SNL writer for before going to the Simpsons and then replacing David at Late Night. I am going to say no more. My freaking god I could careless if everyone on this damn board disagrees with me. The fact I have my opinions and people disagree with me has made me a target. I don't everyone on this board disagrees with me. OburgOrange your response was completely unnecessary and not funny and that is what set me off. Others plain don't like me I don't care. I will say Bees and Kaiser may disagree with me but know I make sound argument even if they disagree and will acknowledge them. Others won't thus I am done talking about this completely and suggest this thread be locked so we don't get any more responses. You people like Fallon and I am happy for you as he will be on the Tonight Show for a long time as he is very young and liked at NBC.

So sorry, I bow to your awesomeness ... Dude.
Yeah because your response was even necessary. It wasn't funny and was a passive aggressive dig at me. The fact that you found it funny to even bring the idiotic Danny Shayes guy into this thread was unnecessary and it set me off. Your a better poster than me and it wasn't necessary.

I don't find Kimmel funny at all. I'm sure dating Sarah Silverman has something to do with that. I find her obnoxious.

Stefon is the best thing on SNL.

There's a general theory that the whole "this generation of SNL sucks" is just linked to who was on when you were a certain age. Guess it's just a kind of humor that you find funny in specific parts of your life.

I don't get the Fallon hate. :noidea: All these late night hosts are just...enh to me.

Listen I am sick of this crap. If you disagree with me fine I am done talking about this crap. Enjoy Fallon I could careless he is going no where even if he sucks. The last thing I will say is that yes Lorne was an EP for Conan as Conan was a former SNL writer for before going to the Simpsons and then replacing David at Late Night. I am going to say no more. My freaking god I could careless if everyone on this damn board disagrees with me. The fact I have my opinions and people disagree with me has made me a target. I don't everyone on this board disagrees with me. OburgOrange your response was completely unnecessary and not funny and that is what set me off. Others plain don't like me I don't care. I will say Bees and Kaiser may disagree with me but know I make sound argument even if they disagree and will acknowledge them. Others won't thus I am done talking about this completely and suggest this thread be locked so we don't get any more responses. You people like Fallon and I am happy for you as he will be on the Tonight Show for a long time as he is very young and liked at NBC.

Don't stop replying to this thread, I feel like your just about to tell us how you feel about Fallon and I don't want to be left in suspense.

Most of us are just busting your b@lls, it's not a big deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom