Jimmy Fallon returns the Tonight show to NYC | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Fallon returns the Tonight show to NYC

The issue with fallon is that his interview skills and off the cuff stuff are really bad. He is a great writer and does a good job with the skits but I also think he is a little annoying.

I don't find Kimmel funny at all. I'm sure dating Sarah Silverman has something to do with that. I find her obnoxious.

Kimmel broke up with Silverman 5 years ago.
He married a writer on his show last year.

I will say I think it's terrific that Fallon is already ripping off Letterman's kid scientists bit with his "GE kid Fallonventors" or whatever he's calling it.

Holy hell, three days into his gig as the new Leno and he's stealing from Dave. He will fit right in on the Tonight Show.

Fallon is very talented. And the Roots are great.

But I've tried to watch the new show but just find it boring - sorry.

None of them is Carson - not even close.

Am I showing my age??

I tuned into the premiere liked it but I grew up watching the best have never gotten into anyone besides Johnny.

This was Kimmel defending O'Brien from NBC/Leno.

Also, don't think this whole screw job of Conan didn't cost NBCU Chairman Jeff Zucker his job. It was definitely a HUGE reason the guy lost his job and is now the President of CNN and ruining that station's brand like he did NBCU. NBC used to be the best network in America, but Zucker rode being Katie Couric's EP at Today Showall the way to becoming the Chairman of NBCU and destroying that once great brand into the network it is today which is 4th in the country.

Fallon has his audience and won't be a failure because he has the Lorne Michaels machine backing him. Until Michaels retires which will be never IMO Fallon will be fine because Michaels knows how to run a tight ship. I am interested in seeing if Michaels is going to be stretched thin calling the shots for Fallon's show, SNL, AND Seth Myers Late Night show. NBC is having both its 11:35 and 12:30 shows originate from NYC and that hasn't been done since have had late late show at 12:30.

Carson was in LA while Letterman was in NYC. Leno stayed in LA and Conan was in NYC. Letterman was in NYC while Tom Synder, Craig Kilborn, Craig Ferguson have all been in LA. Conan/Leno were out in LA and Fallon stayed in NYC. Now Jimmy Fallon is staying in NYC and his show after him is going to originate in NYC. That is going to over-stature the guest market in NYC with Colbert, Stewart along with Fallon and Myers.
Carson spent quite a bit of time in NY I think.

I will say I think it's terrific that Fallon is already ripping off Letterman's kid scientists bit with his "GE kid Fallonventors" or whatever he's calling it.

Holy hell, three days into his gig as the new Leno and he's stealing from Dave. He will fit right in on the Tonight Show.
All comedians rip each other off...

Dude I went to Law School and am a lawyer I have done legal work for NBCU.
I do not nor have I ever wanted to work in comedy(my friends on this board can confirm this for me so people don't believe this crap). I don't have the level of genius that actual funny people possess like Ferrell, Hartman, McDonald, Murray, Myers, Carvey, Fey all had/have. I know my limits. However, if you think SNL has been funny since Will Ferrell and the last good cast member Darryl Hammond left your crazy. SNL nowadays is about the SNL brand and it sucks now.

Also, Fallon was horrible on SNL because he and Horatio Sanz could never finish any sketch together without laughing. Fallon is lucky is he part of the Lorne Michaels/Tina Fey clique with Seth Myers, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Kristin Wiig, Andy Samberg, Jason Sudeikis. That is why his star has risen because he sure as hell wasn't funny in the movies he did after leaving SNL.

You get so much stuff on here for some of your ridiculous comments. Saying you dislike Fallon is one thing. Mentioning your "contacts" in LA is just odd. Mentioning who your clients are is even more strange (and likely unethical). Your posts are so off kilter at times I do think you're doing a bit here. Relax...

It didn't even come out of nowhere. NBC had Fallon on a holding deal and Jimmy was back doing standup tours in 2008 in prep for monologues. This was in the books after Conan was announced to go to the Tonight Show.

Also, Michaels was the EP for Late Night w/ Conan as well...so YEAH, of course he got to pick Jimmy as the host after Conan. He picked Conan out of literally nowhere and was a huge success so..ummm..NBC would probably listen to him, no?
Agreed for the most part but Conan didn't come out of nowhere.

I hated Fallon on SNL, but like his show well enough. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, who really is enthusiastic about meeting/talking to celebrities. His monologues are terrible, no doubt about that, but I kind of like his interviews/skits with his guests. They're unique and fun - the lip synching thing, some of the dancing...entertaining stuff imo (not LOL funny, but entertaining).

I will say I thought the first week was a bust. The history of dance with Will Smith was awful IMO, and History of Rap 5 (with Timberlake) was by far the worst yet. No flow, odd song choices at certain parts - very sloppy. Hated it. The first one was unbelievably well done though. Some of the others were decent as well.

Agree with Jekelish though, ripping off Letterman so early - c'mon.

I'm a big late night tv fan. Find myself wathing Stewart into Colbert and switching to Letterman for the top ten list lately. Then its a matter of who the guests are on each show. Love my remote.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom