Jimmy Has Been Amazing This Season... | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Has Been Amazing This Season...

newmexicuse

All Conference
Team was in total dis-array early. Season seemed lost, lost, lost without any hope. NIT looked like a pipedream.

The starting PG not only wasn't working out but blew up the locker room.

The d just wasn't.

Somehow, some way the old maestro got the attitude turned around, got the lineup fixed, got the o juiced up (at least in the 2nd half of games), and has the D steadily improving.

The team has gumption and doesn't fold the tent no matter how far down in a game.

We are at worst one more win from going dancing...maybe we are even in right now.

How he got this discombobulated group together and how he got them to win three games against top ten teams is simply fantastic.

In many ways this has been his finest coaching season (crumby recruiting aside).

Team was in total dis-array early. Season seemed lost, lost, lost without any hope. NIT looked like a pipedream.

The d just wasn't.

Somehow, some way the old maestro got the attitude turned around, got the lineup fixed, got the o juiced up (at least in the 2nd half of games), and has the D steadily improving.

The team has gumption and doesn't fold the tent no matter how far down in a game.

We are at worst one more win from going dancing...maybe we are even in right now.

How he got this discombobulated group together and how he got them to win three games against top ten teams is simply fantastic.

In many ways this has been his finest coaching season (crumby recruiting aside).
I don't know that I can call this is best coaching job but I definitely don't think it's been as bad as some here do. The reality is that after games like Duke, UVA, FSU it feels like we are turning a corner and then we follow it up with Gillon running around in circles and everyone else standing around and on defense we are not pushing out on perimeter people and allowing large amounts of point and offensive rebounds on the interior. It feels too two steps forward and then 1 to 2 steps back for me to feel like the coaching has really gotten this team better. I don't think coaching has been a problem but there are other teams I would pick if we are associating wins with coaching.

The d just wasn't.

Holy cow. How many "jimmy has been great" AND "jimmy has been terrible" threads can we get going this season? It changes week to week.

Which proves only 1 thing. He certainly has NOT been great and he certainly has NOT been terrible

Holy cow. How many "jimmy has been great" AND "jimmy has been terrible" threads can we get going this season? It changes week to week.

Which proves only 1 thing. He certainly has NOT been great and he certainly has NOT been terrible

Yea, this is nutty.

This season is a good sign of what is the single most unassailable, and incredible, part of Boeheim's career: he never has a bad team. I don't think he'd be the coach you'd pick if you wanted to maximize championships, or if you wanted the best possible result in a single year. But if you needed a coach to ensure that every cold Syracuse winter for 4 decades, the season would be entertaining into March - he's the one. And probably the only.

FWIW, I think the reason is his ability to identify talent; he figures out the best players he has, and rides them. Among those best players may be a 5'10 point guard who until yesterday couldn't finish a layup when guarded by anyone more athletic than Otto. Or Rakeem Christmas, a guy who before his senior year was not obviously aware of where to find the basket. Or Lawrence Moton, a guy who couldn't particularly shoot or dribble but is the Big East's all-time leading scorer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom