Joel Embiid=Greg Oden | Syracusefan.com

Joel Embiid=Greg Oden

At least Oden suited up for a few games!

Hate to see this for Embiid's sake, but the Sixers and their fans can go
pound sand.
They spent so much time dumping on MCW- couldn't happen to a stufft&r fanbase!

Don't want to start a new thread so ill say it here since I'm sure a lot of basketball heads will check it...

Loved what I saw out of Porzingis in the few minutes I flipped the game on. Dude likes to mix it up and was very solid defensively.

NBA Summer League is becoming a thing huh.. Good crowds, veteran players and celebs in town. Good to see.

pound sand.
They should also kick a rock or two.

This is the way of the NBA these days. When the league is drafting 19 year olds who are all potential and undeveloped, this is going to happen a lot. College basketball used to allow top flight talent to mature and to learn how to win. It gave many athletes a stage on which to shine and have moments of accomplishment and glory. Young, talented players are going right to the paycheck. They are attaining financial wealth that for many of them will set them up for life (and I don't argue with that at all), but they will have missed out on playing one significant moment of basketball on a national stage. It's a shame.

This is the way of the NBA these days. When the league is drafting 19 year olds who are all potential and undeveloped, this is going to happen a lot. College basketball used to allow top flight talent to mature and to learn how to win. It gave many athletes a stage on which to shine and have moments of accomplishment and glory. Young, talented players are going right to the paycheck. They are attaining financial wealth that for many of them will set them up for life (and I don't argue with that at all), but they will have missed out on playing one significant moment of basketball on a national stage. It's a shame.

Joel Embiid had injury problems in college and missed the NCAA tournament. I get what your saying, but he was wise to leave when he did.

pound sand.

I agree that the Sixers' organization deserves the Embiid situation.

As a Philadelphia sports fan I must have missed the part about dumping on MCW or Jerami. During a very bleak period, they have both been appreciated for their talent and effort, especially when the front office was making every effort to lose. Most fans were mystified and disappointed when MCW was shipped out.

Joel Embiid had injury problems in college and missed the NCAA tournament. I get what your saying, but he was wise to leave when he did.

And I get what you are saying. You are entirely correct. He did what was wise for him.

I agree that the Sixers' organization deserves the Embiid situation.

As a Philadelphia sports fan I must have missed the part about dumping on MCW or Jerami. During a very bleak period, they have both been appreciated for their talent and effort, especially when the front office was making every effort to lose. Most fans were mystified and disappointed when MCW was shipped out.
Fair enough.
I guess I'm referring more to the "Hinkie Cult" on the Liberty Ballers message board, who basically feel that trading for draft picks and "tanking" are the best strategies to rebuild. They loudly proclaimed that MCW wasn't gonna lead them to the promised land & was the worst ROY "ever".
I argued with them so much I ended up getting banned! :p

yeah i'm glad Embiid was able to get paid when he did. would have been a real shame if he septn 3 or 4 years destroying his foot for no money and couldn't get an NBA contract out of it

Bill Walton was an injured bust until years later when he finally got healthy and brought home a NC to the the Jailblazers.

yeah i'm glad Embiid was able to get paid when he did. would have been a real shame if he septn 3 or 4 years destroying his foot for no money and couldn't get an NBA contract out of it
unless he uses that money to go back to college and earn a real degree he just might become a long term janitor who goes bankrupt first like so many pro athletes before him have.

Maybe the 76ers should have enroll into Temple or another close university and wrk his way towards an education for life after basketball. He will have plenty of time to take classes

When you sit for a year and then you aren't healing correctly its usually a pretty bad omen for your sports career. How does that happen anyways. Don't they periodically check the healing process.

unless he uses that money to go back to college and earn a real degree he just might become a long term janitor who goes bankrupt first like so many pro athletes before him have.

Maybe the 76ers should have enroll into Temple or another close university and wrk his way towards an education for life after basketball. He will have plenty of time to take classes

I know the NBA is trying to get better at this, but they really do a crappy job of helping their players. They also are awful in caring for retired players who didn't enjoy the paychecks that are handed out these days (and the NFL is the worst). Certainly, it's a challenge to mentor a young player who comes into money for the first time in his life with all the demands coming from so-called friends and family, but generally players are treated like a product and not as people. Maybe his proximity to Jerami and to the Grants can rub off on him.

Bill Walton was an injured bust until years later when he finally got healthy and brought home a NC to the the Jailblazers.
You have his career totally backwards. He won the championship at Portland at age 24. He missed full years at age 26, 28 and 29 due to foot injuries.

thanks for the correction. He did come back after many people had written him off due to injuries.

When you sit for a year and then you aren't healing correctly its usually a pretty bad omen for your sports career. How does that happen anyways. Don't they periodically check the healing process.

Zyldrunas Ilgauskus was basically tabled for 2.5 years near the beginning of his career (think that is the duration).

But he seems to be the exception, not the rule.

Too bad for Embiid. Hope he recovers.

Tough blow. Kid had some great potential if he had just stayed healthy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom