Jordan Fredericks to transfer to UMass | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Fredericks to transfer to UMass

True and while many here are making jokes about his departure . i challenge the next 3 rb recruits to bring to the table what JF did

Didn't see any jokes.

One thing that coaches get weird about is fumbling from RBs. I wonder if he came in with weight issues (documented) and then fumbled enough to put him in the dog house.

No inside info, just speculation.

Maybe y'all are making this into something more than what it is. Jordan was recruited by one staff and was now playing for different coaches. Some times things just don't mesh.

I worked for a national corporation. I worked for them doing the same job in three offices, in three different states. I loved everything about the offices and the job in NY and Arkansas. I hated everything about the office and job in PA. The happiest day for me in that office was the day they told me they were letting me go. Sometimes the best thing for all involved is to move on.
Best of luck to Jordan wherever this new path takes him.

Maybe y'all are making this into something more than what it is. Jordan was recruited by one staff and was now playing for different coaches. Some times things just don't mesh.

I worked for a national corporation. I worked for them doing the same job in three offices, in three different states. I loved everything about the offices and the job in NY and Arkansas. I hated everything about the office and job in PA. The happiest day for me in that office was the day they told me they were letting me go. Sometimes the best thing for all involved is to move on.
Best of luck to Jordan wherever this new path takes him.
Were you not able to work in your profession for an entire year , like Jordan ? The NCAA needs to create a transfer policy that new coaches can sign off on and allow players to be eligible to play at their new school . Coaches get to jump around and make absurd amounts of money while athletes are treated as chattel .

If we get a good running back and have a productive attack, Jordan will fade into the background like any number of players we either didn't get or didn't keep in FB and BB.

But if we continue to struggle and Jordan gains 1500 yards for somebody, we'll still be simmering.

Were you not able to work in your profession for an entire year , like Jordan ? The NCAA needs to create a transfer policy that new coaches can sign off on and allow players to be eligible to play at their new school . Coaches get to jump around and make absurd amounts of money while athletes are treated as chattel .

If he goes to FCS, he can play immediately. If we schedule the FCS school he goes to, he could be running the ball against us in the Dome next year.

He is eligible to play right away at another school...just not a D1 program.

Scholarships are now for four years. When he signed his NLI he signed a contract to play for Syracuse University, not the coach, in return for room/board and an education. I worked for the same company. I had a contract with the company not the current manager.

Last time I checked, Jordan was allowed to be a part of the team. His scholarship was honored and he did in fact get into 6 games. Not as many as I'm sure he hoped and expected, but saying that he "was not able to work...for an entire year, like Jordan", IMO, is one of the more asinine posts I've seen in awhile.

Now the transfer issue regarding new coaches is a different thing. Since Jordan did play this year, it would be a moot point regarding him.

Last time I checked, Jordan was allowed to be a part of the team. His scholarship was honored and he did in fact get into 6 games. Not as many as I'm sure he hoped and expected, but saying that he "was not able to work...for an entire year, like Jordan", IMO, is one of the more asinine posts I've seen in awhile.

Now the transfer issue regarding new coaches is a different thing. Since Jordan did play this year, it would be a moot point regarding him.
Name calling is a poor argument .

He is eligible to play right away at another school...just not a D1 program.

Scholarships are now for four years. When he signed his NLI he signed a contract to play for Syracuse University, not the coach, in return for room/board and an education. I worked for the same company. I had a contract with the company not the current manager.
I don't feel that college athletes have much power in these contracts . I realize a player signs with the school , but they only sign because of the coach involved .

If we get a good running back and have a productive attack, Jordan will fade into the background like any number of players we either didn't get or didn't keep in FB and BB.

But if we continue to struggle and Jordan gains 1500 yards for somebody, we'll still be simmering.

So it goes.

I don't feel that college athletes have much power in these contracts . I realize a player signs with the school , but they only sign because of the coach involved .
It's the same in business. You can like the company but if you don't like the boss or feel that you relate you aren't going to go to work for that company. And there is no guarantee that the boss stays. Also in some cases, depending on the job, you have to sign a non-compete clause in your contract. I view the NCAA rule that kids can't transfer to another D1 program without sitting a year as the same thing as a non-compete clause.

It's the same in business. You can like the company but if you don't like the boss or feel that you relate you aren't going to go to work for that company. And there is no guarantee that the boss stays. Also in some cases, depending on the job, you have to sign a non-compete clause in your contract. I view the NCAA rule that kids can't transfer to another D1 program without sitting a year as the same thing as a non-compete clause.
In this case and in many others , players are forced out to open up a scholarship . If that is done in a business relationship , there could be litigation , which isn't currently allowed with student athletes .

I will tell you what is asinine . Having a running back who has proved he can gain positive yardage and having him sit the bench to prove a point and make your QB who has already taken a lot of cheap , brutal hits run the ball because the guy you have at running back can't break an hand tackle .
A lot here I am not sure I agree with. I totally understand the confusion and frustration about Fredricks' lack of touches, but I don't think ED ran because Strickland couldn't. I think that was part of the system. I also think Strickland is taking a somewhat unnecessary beating here. I for one like his ability in the open field, but like everyone else, question his effectiveness between the tackles. With all the potential wrinkles in the offense, maybe the coaches didn't want to allow themselves to be viewed as one dimensional or "situational" by putting in the tough interior runner, then subbing him out for the scat back who can catch and run in space. I know a lot have said JF can catch, but I remember him dropping a few swing passes that should have been first downs and more. Just my speculation.

I liked JF. I wish him all the best. I think he is a very talented and capable RB. My above post does not make that clear. I have no ill will or negative feelings about him or his game.

A lot here I am not sure I agree with. I totally understand the confusion and frustration about Fredricks' lack of touches, but I don't think ED ran because Strickland couldn't. I think that was part of the system. I also think Strickland is taking a somewhat unnecessary beating here. I for one like his ability in the open field, but like everyone else, question his effectiveness between the tackles. With all the potential wrinkles in the offense, maybe the coaches didn't want to allow themselves to be viewed as one dimensional or "situational" by putting in the tough interior runner, then subbing him out for the scat back who can catch and run in space. I know a lot have said JF can catch, but I remember him dropping a few swing passes that should have been first downs and more. Just my speculation.
There was no effective running at all .

I will tell you what is asinine . Having a running back who has proved he can gain positive yardage and having him sit the bench to prove a point and make your QB who has already taken a lot of cheap , brutal hits run the ball because the guy you have at running back can't break an hand tackle .

He was Baberheimed. ;)

Baber's previous QBs didn't run nearly as much and Coach said at the beginning of the season he doesn't like running QBs because they get hurt too much. When you are not getting production out of the RB position,. you're only alternative is to get a little deception involved by having the QB run the ball - unless you put a second RB in the backfield, like the good ol' days.

66587_01_lg.jpg

Baber's previous QBs didn't run nearly as much and Coach said at the beginning of the season he doesn't like running QBs because they get hurt too much. When you are not getting production out of the RB position,. you're only alternative is to get a little deception involved by having the QB run the ball - unless you put a second RB in the backfield, like the good ol' days.

66587_01_lg.jpg
Csonk was Gronk before Gronk .

In this case and in many others , players are forced out to open up a scholarship . If that is done in a business relationship , there could be litigation , which isn't currently allowed with student athletes .
And that's fine. You know and the employer knows litigation is always a possibility, no matter what the reason.

JF knew the situation going in. Regardless whether or not the player signed because of the coach, they did indeed sign the contract with the school. It's the chance all players take.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom