Jordan Fredericks to transfer to UMass | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Fredericks to transfer to UMass

No surprise. Friends and I have been speculating Rutgers all along. Close to home, big 10 and they need a rb. He'll tear it up there cause he's a great rb.

The decision to cast him off will burn me forever.
He wasn't going to be good here in this offense.:noidea:

I just dont understand why Babers never played him. Obviously our current RBs werent getting the job done. And Fredericks when he came in (on rare occasions) played better and he was good the year before. No idea what Dino disliked about him

It's simply a case of not having enough dots to fill in what happens, so people want to assume Babers made a mistake. I'll root for Jordan (even if he's a Rutgers) - and trust Babers on this one.

Is everyone missing the fact that he couldn't line himself up in proper position when he was in the game, nor could he make the line calls. He also dropped the ball a ton of times out of the backfield. I think those things are pre-requisites in the offense, kinda can't play without them in this system.

Is everyone missing the fact that he couldn't line himself up in proper position when he was in the game, nor could he make the line calls. He also dropped the ball a ton of times out of the backfield. I think those things are pre-requisites in the offense, kinda can't play without them in this system.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument, he's a legit heisman candidate at Rutgers from what I have read. he will have a nice career at Rutgers, play 2 years there and hopefully do well but he wasn't a great fit with what Babers was trying to do, best of luck to the kid. Hopefully he's a better fit in Rutgers system than he was at Syracuse. I think he's a good. back but it didn't work out but I also didn't think he's a program changing type talent

Regardless of how good he is or isn't, he's gone, so good luck.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument, he's a legit heisman candidate at Rutgers from what I have read. he will have a nice career at Rutgers, play 2 years there and hopefully do well but he wasn't a great fit with what Babers was trying to do, best of luck to the kid. Hopefully he's a better fit in Rutgers system than he was at Syracuse. I think he's a good. back but it didn't work out but I also didn't think he's a program changing type talent

Regardless of how good he is or isn't, he's gone, so good luck.
When he's on our squad, I care.

When he's not, I don't care.

Next.

There's this weird mythology around Fredericks. I don't get it. He had a decent freshman season. He's not a transcendent player though.

It's time to let it go.

Oh that makes sense. Just like that wr from Maryland.
No one here is going to be able to 'prove' their point. Not unless you have an active portal to the Fringe alternate universe. Everybody has their own opinions, but that's exactly what they are. Opinions.

It's fine to be disappointed or mad or ambivalent. Whatever. I just don't get the need to keep belaboring the point. But if that's what floats your boat, have at it. :noidea:

No one here is going to be able to 'prove' their point. Not unless you have an active portal to the Fringe alternate universe. Everybody has their own opinions, but that's exactly what they are. Opinions.

It's fine to be disappointed or mad or ambivalent. Whatever. I just don't get the need to keep belaboring the point. But if that's what floats your boat, have at it. :noidea:
We are good at belaboring...it's what we do.

We are good at belaboring...it's what we do.
Oh, I know. Trust me, I know. ;)

There's just so many things to disagree about, it just seems weird to me to argue about something we can never know. Unless Jordan himself comes here to tell us. :noidea:

At the risk of 'belaboring', neither the Fredericks nor Winfield transfers fall under the 'recruited-over' meme.

I've been around long enough so that the 'I trust the coach' threads pop up with every new one.

And, while I DO tend to trust this coach more than the previous coaches, there's something at least a little alarming about these transfers. We could have used both, now we have neither.

Hopefully, just a blip, and not foreshadowing. But you never know.

At the risk of 'belaboring', neither the Fredericks nor Winfield transfers fall under the 'recruited-over' meme.

I've been around long enough so that the 'I trust the coach' threads pop up with every new one.

And, while I DO tend to trust this coach more than the previous coaches, there's something at least a little alarming about these transfers. We could have used both, now we have neither.

Hopefully, just a blip, and not foreshadowing. But you never know.
Don't worry about belaboring. At all. I'm not trying to stifle it. I was just saying I don't get it. That's all.

If fredericks couldn't do something, in his first year in the system, how about the coaches coach him up? Paging make hart.

He also dropped the ball a ton of times out of the backfield. I think those things are pre-requisites in the offense, kinda can't play without them in this system.

This is bunk. He dropped one pass split out as a wide receiver.

634 yards at 5.7 yards per carry with a 75 yard score is a lot better than "decent". You are the one creating the mythology.
How is OIG the one creating mythology? Fredericks put up good stats for a freshman in 2015. He had nice moments and showed potential. But he didn't take over when Dungey was hurt and obviously was not indispensable when the new staff came around. Plus his production wasn't that impressive in this day and age. He was a nice player that apparently didn't fit into what Babers and Co were trying to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom