JR Smith | Syracusefan.com

JR Smith

Eric15

Living Legend
When he played for the Knicks, I always felt like he was a pro DeShaun Williams, who only cared about himself and took miserable shots. But man has he been an incredible free agent acquisition for Cleveland.

When he scores in double figures, they are 29-6.

When he played for the Knicks, I always felt like he was a pro DeShaun Williams, who only cared about himself and took miserable shots. But man has he been an incredible free agent acquisition for Cleveland.

When he scores in double figures, they are 29-6.

A little like Melo, he shoots at will when there are virtually no other options on the court. Give him some weapons to play with and he becomes a team player.

Seriously, **** JR.

Dude played like trash with the Knicks, even worse in the Playoffs.

I guess with no nightlife in Cleveland he doesn't have to worry about getting smashed at the club and "laying pipe" before Playoff games.

JR Smith is the perfect player to surround LeBron with. LeBron draws so much defensive attention, and when he kicks it to JR, he has no qualms about throwing up a shot. Smith is a classic gunner, but knows his role well and can get hot from deep, as was on display last night.

I found this stat amusing. It perfectly typifies JR Smith:

I would disagree with the notion that JR knows his well. Any shooter will look better playing with Lebron, but some of the shots JR was taking last night were brutal.

He still has above average athleticism too, IMO. Always was a great athlete with a good handle and a true streak scorer. He lit it up in DEN too when he was on his game.

I would disagree with the notion that JR knows his well. Any shooter will look better playing with Lebron, but some of the shots JR was taking last night were brutal.

Very Cooney-esque at times with the shot selection. ;) I'm a Cooney fan, fyi.

Same old song and dance. In Denver he was public enemy #1 for most of his time, except when he was hot JR. It was his antics, and erratic play and focus. Maybe he's matured, who knows? Nothing surprises me good or bad with him

Seriously, **** JR.

I guess with no nightlife in Cleveland he doesn't have to worry about getting smashed at the club and "laying pipe" before Playoff games.

Yeah he mentioned this once. Could be the main factor, ha.

Seriously, **** JR.

Johnny Manziel hasn't had any trouble finding nightlife in Cleveland.

My bad, it was a trade.

and losing Shump, for whom the Knicks could have probably gotten a 1st for within a year of when he was actually traded, was the cost of doing business just to dump JR

another brilliant move from Big Chief Triangle

original.jpg

Jr smith is one of the few who could win the dunk and 3 point contests

Such a clown tho

Likes to shoot more with a guy on him because it's more "fun"

Johnny Manziel hasn't had any trouble finding nightlife in Cleveland.
Let's be real. Johnny Football grew up in Tyler and Kerrville, Texas. Those may be the only two places on Earth that compare unfavorably with Cleveland for "nightlife."

No, it couldn't, because Dion isn't as good of a 3-point shooter.
And Dion's not as good a defender or rebounder, either. Or teammate. And, hard to believe maybe, but as this point in their careers, JR has a better head on his shoulders, too. If Dion were still in Cleveland, the Cavs wouldn't have JR or Shumpert, possibly Mozgov, three Knicks castoffs. Their season might've already been over.

Better teammate? Head on his shoulders? I think that's going overboard, just because JR has been good JR for a couple months and yes he's on a team in the conference finals. One bad night out and I'm not talking on the court, all that will change. I'd just sit back and enjoy what he's doing at the moment, and not put him on a pedestal just yet. If he's matured great, he's been in the league for 11 years, I would hope someone gets it by then.

I hope no one is suggesting JR has matured or anything. He had a fantastic game in Game 1. He's still JR. He is a gunner with terrible shot selection who is never too far away from making a horrendous boneheaded play. I'm sure there's at least one 2-13 in him this series. He's also a better player than Dion, but that's not a high bar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom