Class of 2016 - JUCO CB Michael Moore Signed with UTSA | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 JUCO CB Michael Moore Signed with UTSA

Great "get." Sounds like we exploited the same loophole that we did with Michael Lasker [i.e., most other schools figured he needed to graduate, but since he was qualified he could transfer after his first year].

The write up on him makes him sound like a prospect with a ton of potential--and we need all the secondary help we can get.

Great "get." Sounds like we exploited the same loophole that we did with Michael Lasker [i.e., most other schools figured he needed to graduate, but since he was qualified he could transfer after his first year].

The write up on him makes him sound like a prospect with a ton of potential--and we need all the secondary help we can get.
Exactly

Did he have other d1 or P5 offers out of highschool, or juco?

Did he have other d1 or P5 offers out of highschool, or juco?

He's not "out" of JUCO. It sounds as though he was qualified to play D1 before going JUCO. Most JUCOs have to stay two years to get eligible to transfer to a D1 school. This kid didn't have to stay. By offering him now, we were ahead of the competition, most of whom probably would look to have recruited him in the class of 2017. We might have gotten a steal.

I like what I saw. More importantly he fits the scheme

I agree his tape screams zone corner. He does flash some man skills but for the most part it screams zone. He has good ball skills and good instincts from his tape. But on top of that he is a great athlete. Good size and good speed. I like this kid.

He's not "out" of JUCO. It sounds as though he was qualified to play D1 before going JUCO. Most JUCOs have to stay two years to get eligible to transfer to a D1 school. This kid didn't have to stay. By offering him now, we were ahead of the competition, most of whom probably would look to have recruited him in the class of 2017. We might have gotten a steal.
To be fair, the answer to his question would be; no, he had no other p5 offers. He likely went the juco route because he didn't have an offer out of high school and up to this point he had no others.

To be fair, the answer to his question would be; no, he had no other p5 offers. He likely went the juco route because he didn't have an offer out of high school and up to this point he had no others.

Do we know that, or are you just assuming?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom