Class of 2017 - JUCO DE Brandon Berry (KS) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 JUCO DE Brandon Berry (KS) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

I hope your right on Kingsley. I really want that dude. He is going to be a absolute "beast'. Morton is good now.

Are we still worried about Kingsley being a non-qual?
Maybe not...I noticed he got an offer from Duke who doesn't usually offer academic risks.

Maybe not...I noticed he got an offer from Duke who doesn't usually offer academic risks.
For some reason I am not 100% confident that Kingsley gets here, maybe the staff is keeping Berry on the line due to similar thoughts. Just haven't heard much from Kingsley in awhile.

i have reservations about Kinglsey.

I also believe if you're holding off a kid who commits then he obviously doesn't have a commit-able offer. The staff has some other priorities and/or needs at this point to hold him off. Things will be a lot more clear the weekend he visits which is only 3 days before signing day. Berry is down the pecking order.

Kingsley may actually turn out to be 36

For some reason I am not 100% confident that Kingsley gets here, maybe the staff is keeping Berry on the line due to similar thoughts. Just haven't heard much from Kingsley in awhile.
The two aren't connected.

Any new info on this kid? I know he visits 27th, and wanted to commit a while ago, but the coaches told him to wait until his visit to decide. Crystal ball has him 100% SU fwiw.

Any new info on this kid? I know he visits 27th, and wanted to commit a while ago, but the coaches told him to wait until his visit to decide. Crystal ball has him 100% SU fwiw.
Great

Glad you bumped this thread. Am I the only one who see's Berry as a 4 to play 3?
Actually looked at his highlights. Needs to add mass and strength, really shows in his take on. Kid is a competitor though, doesnt shy away from punishment. Great awareness and leverage on the edge. Very good first step and has a great rip to turn the corner. If he was getting here for spring I would be more encouraged to see a contribution right away. This is the best edge rusher out of anyone we've got right now, he shows alot of promise in the remaining facets but is still a mid to long term developmemtal prospect. I'll still be juiced of we land this kid.

Actually looked at his highlights. Needs to add mass and strength, really shows in his take on. Kid is a competitor though, doesnt shy away from punishment. Great awareness and leverage on the edge. Very good first step and has a great rip to turn the corner. If he was getting here for spring I would be more encouraged to see a contribution right away. This is the best edge rusher out of anyone we've got right now, he shows alot of promise in the remaining facets but is still a mid to long term developmemtal prospect. I'll still be juiced of we land this kid.
I agree. I like the fact that he has years to play. He can be real good in a couple years

I agree. I like the fact that he has years to play. He can be real good in a couple years
From a numbers angle, it would make sense to bring him in and shirt his first year. For that year, he lives in the weight room. That would put him in step with Nelson. Pickard, Coleman, and Black in 1 tier, Nelson and Berry next, Kingsley and Morton. That's an ideal stagger at the position and we could be cooking with fire.

Great athlete, good bend. Does a good job against zone read.

Played some pretty bad competition in some of those highlights though.

A lot of tools to work with. will be a nice prospect with coaching and S&C work.

From a numbers angle, it would make sense to bring him in and shirt his first year. For that year, he lives in the weight room. That would put him in step with Nelson. Pickard, Coleman, and Black in 1 tier, Nelson and Berry next, Kingsley and Morton. That's an ideal stagger at the position and we could be cooking with fire.
In the previous post I meant to say he has 3 years to play. So this year he will be a sophomore like the rest of those guys. Maybe the plan is to redshirt him still but the staff is in need of some serious speed on the edge. So I doubt that

In the previous post I meant to say he has 3 years to play. So this year he will be a sophomore like the rest of those guys. Maybe the plan is to redshirt him still but the staff is in need of some serious speed on the edge. So I doubt that
Maybe but Babers has previously stated that he wouldn't recruit JUCOs if they weren't going to contribute immediately.

No idea what the plan is, speaking in the ideal...but realize that is a luxury all considered.

Maybe but Babers has previously stated that he wouldn't recruit JUCOs if they weren't going to contribute immediately.
right, that's why I seriously doubt they will redshirt him. His speed on the edge is severely needed.

I searched the thread but didn't see it anywhere, is he 3 to play 2?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom