Class of 2016 - JUCO DE/OLB Raveon Hoston (CA) Committed to N. Texas | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 JUCO DE/OLB Raveon Hoston (CA) Committed to N. Texas

CuseLegacy

Edit: The Tweet from the JUCO site has disappeared and other offers and a visit to UCF are now showing instead.

Last edited:
Offers include Arkansas St. , Fresno St., Memphis, New Mexico, Syracuse, UCF

He looks like a strong and dynamic defensive play-maker in an area of need; go get him HCDB & Staff! Go Orange!
Weight.gif

Some sources say he has not been offered and this report is false.

Kid is a beast with a great motor, makes you wonder how kids like this end up in JUCO? Did his body just pop over the past 12-18 months? I understand the academic requirements but if a kid can qualify for JUCO he can also get into the football factories. Hope we land him!

Not as impressed as others, but, still a good solid foundation to start with. Especially with 4 to play 3. Position experience at a higher level than just about anyone on the roster.

With depth what it is, I don't see the harm in taking a swing. I don't expect him to do big things out the gate though, technique needs work and needs some more time to develop.

Edit - I saw a decent push pull in there, and, he's stronger at the point of attack than I originally thought. ST's work in the hilight is always nice. Would like to see some more though.

Last edited:
Some sources say he has not been offered and this report is false.
Well the tweet from the JUCO site has disappeared and now an offer and a visit to UCF is showing. Could have been conditional like Stewart where grades need to be made.

raveon-hoston-590x900.jpg

Class of 2016 3 Star JUCO DT Raveon Hoston Has Interest in Syracuse (omaha.com; McKewon)
As Nebraska defensive coordinator Mark Banker looks hard at a graduate transfer defensive tackle from Utah, he's also doing background homework on a junior college defensive end out of Los Angeles who could help bolster the Huskers' pass rush.

Los Angeles Valley College's Raveon Hoston said last night on his Facebook page that he'd received an offer from Nebraska. Reached via text today, Hoston — a 2016 junior prospect, said NU started showing interest late last week. Banker is meeting with Hoston's academic counselor on Monday. He's still trying to get eligible for four-year schools. Hoston had 19 tackles, three sacks and 5.5 tackles for loss last season for Valley. He was in his second year at Valley. He graduated from Seattle Cleveland High School in 2013, and would have two years of eligibility left.
A three-star recruit according to Rivals and a two-star prospect according to Scout, he's also looking at West Virginia, Syracuse, Buffalo and North Texas, where a familiar name to Husker fans — former Nebraska linebackers coach Mike Ekeler — is now the defensive coordinator.

Sooooo, this will make Wednesday interesting:) would like to snag this kid. 4 to play 3 is very attractive given his current baseline of physicality.