Class of 2017 - JUCO DT Elijah Bryant (NY) Verbal to SUNY Maritime/PWO from Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 JUCO DT Elijah Bryant (NY) Verbal to SUNY Maritime/PWO from Syracuse

You're worried about flips and misses? Think these PWOs become scholarship offers?
I don't think they are going to give them scholarships if they can get them to come as a pwo. Remember a number of the kids playing on specials last year were pwos.

Could be two things
1. We are going to be short the 85 players (I hope not)
2. They are trying to make sure the walk-ons are higher quality then they have been and will be useful
Maybe a combo of both?
Looking at the fishes and loaves OrangeXtreme has up there are 55 returning players. Of those 55 will everyone be able to play this Fall?
There are 22 commits, still counting Ifeatu, That means there is room for 8 more. They played the pwos from last year on specials.

Looking at the fishes and loaves OrangeXtreme has up there are 55 returning players. Of those 55 will everyone be able to play this Fall?
There are 22 commits, still counting Ifeatu, That means there is room for 8 more. They played the pwos from last year on specials.
Gotcha. Any rumors about who may not be able to go this fall or are you assuming spring injuries? I guess I am assuming we have seen all the degree takers and transfers already.
I think a big kid like this is a great thing to have at your disposal, and I hope Antonio coached him up right (doing something right if Bama wants him too, that's why asked about a pending offer). Could we be looking at another Bromley?

playing PWO's on specials is not ideal imho. this is why specials teams are weak.

8 openings are not good and we haven't seen any real action with top shelf kids visiting. thats what i find curious. we're pounding 2018 but we don't seem to be pounding the remaining 2017 kids. I was half expecting some P5 committed kids to pop up on these last visitor lists. I'd by lying if I said I wasn't disappointed coming down the stretch.

It also makes me wonder if we're hitting the free agent market hard and for strategic purposes holding off on announcing any grad transfers.

Don't think it's a terrible idea to leave couple of scholies open as a draw for quality Walkons, saying it's there for the taking if you're good enough.

Didn't see that coming
From his twitter it's probably because they didn't offer him a scholarship and WSSU did. WSSU is a smaller, black state university with a good football program.

ASA is a joke. They opened campuses in Miami to make more money. The sports set up there seems dirtier than your average JC and the academics are terrible. Preys on people thinking they are getting a college degree - and then those people discover no one is breaking down the door to hire ASA grads.

Plus its tough to turn down Earl the Pearl Monroe when he calls on behalf of WSSU.

Wow why does the kid need to throw Syracuse under the bus the day after he mentions Syracuse as a destination?

Can't say I don't agree with him. If SU didn't give him a schollie offer, then what's he to do?

You don't have to say what he did. "They are not committed to me". He could have just said Syracuse offered me a PWO but WSSU offered me a scholarship so I accepted that instead and that would have been fine IMO.

Wow why does the kid need to throw Syracuse under the bus the day after he mentions Syracuse as a destination?
How did he throw Syracuse under the bus???? He spoke the truth. Offering a PWO isn't committing to a kid.

This kid happens to love Syracuse but other schools offered him a scholarship, when we didn't. He made the smart move to take the full ride and give himself a better opportunity to play. If he was my son I would advise him to do the exact same thing.

Looks like he'll dominate on that level - best of luck to him.

Fine, take the offer, just keep your mouth shut about the other and move on, congrats. But it seems he wanted to throw a dig out there about us before he moved on.

How did he throw Syracuse under the bus???? He spoke the truth. Offering a PWO isn't committing to a kid.

This kid happens to love Syracuse but other schools offered him a scholarship, when we didn't. He made the smart move to take the full ride and give himself a better opportunity to play. If he was my son I would advise him to do the exact same thing.

Looks like he'll dominate on that level - best of luck to him.

Read what I said later. There are ways to do and say things. He could have done better is all i'm saying.

Fine, take the offer, just keep your mouth shut about the other and move on, congrats. But it seems he wanted to throw a dig out there about us before he moved on.

Exactly what I was saying.