Class of 2016 - JUCO LB Kain Daub (FL) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 JUCO LB Kain Daub (FL)

crales44

Starter
May be nothing, but Monroe is following him on Twitter. Was a top 100 recruit that signed with Florida State out of high school. Attending ASA currently.

I remember this dude being an absolutely huge LBer. Like 6'4 250. Think he was either a 5 star, or a pretty highly rated recruit. Didn't realize he was a non-qualifier. Wow be a hell of a snag.

I remember this dude being an absolutely huge LBer. Like 6'4 250. Think he was either a 5 star, or a pretty highly rated recruit. Didn't realize he was a non-qualifier. Wow be a hell of a snag.

Not sure about the "non-qualifier" part. He redshirted his 1st year at FSU and then transferred. He was reportedly interested in transferring to LSU (he first committed to them in HS then flipped to FSU).

This would DEFINITELY check all the boxes from your criteria for JUCOs!

RF2044 said:
This would DEFINITELY check all the boxes from your criteria for JUCOs!

Without a doubt

May be nothing, but Monroe is following him on Twitter. Was a top 100 recruit that signed with Florida State out of high school. Attending ASA currently.

ASA was Wayne Williams' school.

ASA in NYC? This kid from Florida transferred from Fla St. to NYC? We may have a shot. He's clearly not afraid of the weather. Apparently there was Rutgers interest at one time?

I'm skeptical of the situation. There's nothing out there saying why he left FSU. Going to JUCO is a smart move so there are no transfer restrictions for him, though. We'll see what happens but this seems like a "too good to be true" situation.

I'm skeptical of the situation. There's nothing out there saying why he left FSU. Going to JUCO is a smart move so there are no transfer restrictions for him, though. We'll see what happens but this seems like a "too good to be true" situation.
"The move is not entirely unexpected, as Daub battled major conditioning and other discipline issues during his short time," wrote Bud Elliott of Tomahawk Nation.

I see run stopper and pass rusher, but I didn't see a lot of pass coverage. I can see him at DE more so than Mike. Good pursuit.

sounds great. maybe he's matured :noidea:
Actually, it sounds a lot like Wayne Williams and we know that ASA didn't help adjust his attitude. But, hey...you never know.

Not fair to judge all ASA kids by Wayne Williams who has always marched to his own drum.

Nick Saban was back to grab another OL from ASA this year and they send impact kids to FSU, Ole Miss and other top programs every year.

I'm hearing Kain won't be avail until after spring semester ends in May so he may have flunked out of FSU.

He's got interest from SEC & Big 10 schools also

Not fair to judge all ASA kids by Wayne Williams who has always marched to his own drum.

Nick Saban was back to grab another OL from ASA this year and they send impact kids to FSU, Ole Miss and other top programs every year.

I'm hearing Kain won't be avail until after spring semester ends in May so he may have flunked out of FSU.

He's got interest from SEC & Big 10 schools also

Very hard to flunk out after a year of school, especially with the kind of help/supervision that these kids get. Given that he was on the football team at FSU, the school probably cut him further slack. If he did flunk out, I'm thinking straight Fs across the board. That should be a big red flag for any program looking at this kid.

Could be the staff stopped by to check out Daub or just to check out ASA as Antonio Anderson is the D Line coach.

Can't find any film on him. I hope we still are keeping tabs on his teammate, DT Rashad Brandon. 6'-3" 317 lbs "mini mountain"