Class of 2017 - JUCO TE Mike'Quan Deane (OK) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 JUCO TE Mike'Quan Deane (OK) Offered

http://www.At their request, this n...ory/1660191-dean-continues-to-attract-suitors

Deane currently holds offers from Colorado State, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, South Alabama, Syracuse, UAB and UCF and he's been hearing from a couple of other programs as well.
"The main ones I am hearing from are South Florida, South Carolina and Oregon," Dean told JCFootball.com. "I'm actually visiting South Florida for their spring game on April 16th.
"They are showing me interest and I'm paying my own way up there to check them out."

"Showing me interest" USF you know the ones that sign 9- 4* recruits this last class. Thats all these kids are asking for, is to have someone show interest. Must be we are not showing it. wow

rackman18 said:
"Showing me interest" USF you know the ones that sign 9- 4* recruits this last class. Thats all these kids are asking for, is to have someone show interest. Must be we are not showing it. wow

Don't jump the gun. We know like 2% of the recruiting story.

USF you know the ones that sign 9- 4* recruits (who get into their school when they can't get in anywhere else because of lax admission standards) this last class

USF you know the ones that sign 9- 4* recruits (who get into their school when they can't get in anywhere else because of lax admission standards) this last class

Not fair man, you don't know theses kids. I bet SU would have taken all 9 of those recruits if they wanted to come here. Just saying.

Not fair man, you don't know theses kids. I bet SU would have taken all 9 of those recruits if they wanted to come here. Just saying.
No not necessarily. Schools have different admission standards. SUs admission requirements are going to be harder than a state school.

Doesn't matter, if we want good students as well as good athletes, we aren't scraping the barrel for our most recent 4* recruits, Alin Edouard and Marquise Blair, that never make it to campus.

There are reasons for not "showing interest". We might have higher prospects on the board and aren't texting him every single day like USF because they're desperate for a kid like this. We might not think he'll academically qualify. We might not like his character from interactions with him after we offered.

You don't know these kids either. We aren't going to treat each recruit the same, and just because he's rated 4* on a website doesn't mean when our staff evaluates him he's a 4* for what they're looking for.

We could certainly use an upgrade at TE [no offense to Cam], with some guys who can create matchup problems in the receiving game.

A guy like Nick Provo would kill it in this offense.

2017 JUCO TE Mik’Quan Deane Adds East Carolina Offer Sets Two Visits

Crunch time on the recruiting trail is heating up with teams forced to take a closer look at identifying desired talents for respective 2017 classes as National Signing Day draws closer and closer. One of the top recruits out of the junior college ranks who is seeing a big spike in interest and offers is Northeastern Oklahoma A&M tight end Mik’Quan Deane.

Deane is an integral component in NEO A&M’s high scoring offense that averages 40.9 points per contest and 523.6 total yards per game. The air attack covers 327 yards while the ground game is picking up 196 per contest with Deane contributing as a tough as nails blocker and a defensive matchup nightmare in the passing game. Through eight games played, Deane has 16 receptions for 263 yards moving the line of scrimmage on average 16.4 yards every time he touches the ball, tops on the team with players securing seven or more passes, showcasing his 4.49 speed. His three trips to the end zone are tied for a team-high.

Colleges are sold on Deane being a difference maker with Arizona State, Louisville, Nebraska, New Mexico, Pitt, South Alabama, Syracuse, Colorado State, UAB, South Florida, Central Florida, and BYU all offering picking up another offer from East Carolina on Oct. 24. Teams showing interest includes Texas, Auburn, Oregon, South Carolina, and Texas A&M.

In a previous RNG interview, Deane sited potential official visits to “Syracuse, Central Florida, South Florida, and maybe Pitt and Louisville.” Two visits have now been set with Central Florida hosting the 6-4, 245 pound, tight end on Nov. 19 and South Florida getting his other visit on Dec. 9.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom