Class of 2014 - JUCO TE/WR Trey Dunkelberger (PA) Signed LOI | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 JUCO TE/WR Trey Dunkelberger (PA) Signed LOI

Trey Dunkelberger7⃣ ‏@TreyDunk7 45m45 minutes ago
@ballout4ever: Knowing where im going to school is the best Christmas gift of all!!!
1f34a.png

Trey does because I would share with him what fans said. I'm not sure others do :)
Honestly, the fans made a big impact in his decision,definitely more so than most recruits I know. Trey would tell me mom, these fans are nuts (in a good way)!
A lot of coaches tell the recruits what they want to hear, it was up to us (me-my mom always said I have a need to know and my family calls me google girl) to try and read between the lines. Like when Clemson "wanted Trey, I'm like they have 9 tight ends and 2 verbals for 2015?!?
Trey said some of the recruits visiting this month are asking Trey if he could be their sponsor :)

Trey does because I would share with him what fans said. I'm not sure others do :)
Honestly, the fans made a big impact in his decision,definitely more so than most recruits I know. Trey would tell me mom, these fans are nuts (in a good way)!
A lot of coaches tell the recruits what they want to hear, it was up to us (me-my mom always said I have a need to know and my family calls me google girl) to try and read between the lines. Like when Clemson "wanted Trey, I'm like they have 9 tight ends and 2 verbals for 2015?!?
Trey said some of the recruits visiting this month are asking Trey if he could be their sponsor :)

I think the best part of this post is that some of the recruits are asking for him to be their sponsor. Just reading what you have posted on what Trey is saying and feels we can't go wrong with Trey in their ears all visit long. Trey will be a great ambassador for Syracuse. :)

He is a great motivator, which is why we had a talk this year that he should think about coaching (grad assistant) after he graduates. He told Shafer that and he told Trey that was exciting and that he would Trey under his wing :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to get after it big fella. Go break some records and help win us some games. Staff is stoked about him.

We have left the boy and heading home :)
Trey is sooo hungry. We were at Manley and he just stops and intently stares at the tv monitors streaming Cuse football games. We know he has the drive, hunger, and vision and cannot wait to see the work he puts in! He is determined to go to a bowl game. He has a way of drawing the team together and getting hyped, we have seen that over and over anywhere he has played. I also believe he and AJ are going to form a bond that I don't believe is coincidental. There is a purpose for those two. Both are very similar in the path that has gotten them to where they are now. Neither are satisfied to just be "good"! I wish it was spring already!!! Have faith in these coaches, because I BELIEVE they can get the job done!

Trey is sooo hungry. We were at Manley and he just stops and intently stares at the tv monitors streaming Cuse football games. We know he has the drive, hunger, and vision and cannot wait to see the work he puts in! He is determined to go to a bowl game. He has a way of drawing the team together and getting hyped, we have seen that over and over anywhere he has played. I also believe he and AJ are going to form a bond that I don't believe is coincidental. There is a purpose for those two. Both are very similar in the path that has gotten them to where they are now. Neither are satisfied to just be "good"! I wish it was spring already!!! Have faith in these coaches, because I BELIEVE they can get the job done!
Hope to meet him in person when we visit with shy on the 23 rd

Best of luck to him and have fun watching him continue to mature as a young man. You guys must be so proud, as you should be.

By the time his SU career is over, he will have earned a degree from Syracuse University, which will open up many doors for him outside of football.

That's a great day, sending him off! Exciting chapter in life! Just outta curiosity, are those Eagles jerseys in the background of his selfie?
Yes, they are. Its a picture of my husband, Trey, and my dad before they went to an eagles game. My dad ordered a canvas for him and gave it to him for Christmas.

Off topic, the trainer we pay for Trey here at home told us he has put 51 guys into the NFL (he also trained Apollo Ono and Louie Vito) and the improvements he has seen in Trey since his senior year of high school is remarkable and told him on his break to stay focused and work hard and his dream can become a reality. Trey told us about this machine his trainer has and said there's only 2 in the country and it worked on Trey's hand/eye coordination and the speed/timing of hand/eye. This trainer was worth the $5000 we have paid so far. Trey will continue to work with him whenever he is home.