http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3917386/trey-dunkelberger

Trey Dunkelberger7⃣@TreyDunk7 · Nov 5
Can't wait for December: -3 Officials
-All American Game 9th-13th
-Signing Day 17th
-Graduate 18th as a RS Freshman
-Head back home

Offers from Akron, Cincy, USF

Was suppose to take an OV to USF on 12/5 but now taking one to SU on that day. He was an Akron commit.

Last edited:
the size and speed seem promising, but looks like he is used almost exclusively as a blocking te. Would love to have a tight end that we incorporate into a passing game.

the size and speed seem promising, but looks like he is used almost exclusively as a blocking te. Would love to have a tight end that we incorporate into a passing game.

we do have pass catching TE's and could maybe use another blocking TE. I don't personally agree with the 'need' but it sort of tips the hand on the offense direction. I'm ok if we try to re-establish a run game. I think the lack of a running game has really hurt this year.

This kid is pretty lean though. Not you're typically 280 blocking TE so I assume just based on size he can probably run and be more multi purpose.

I'm reading the tea leaves, and find this discouraging.

don't. he's playing hback and shows pretty good wheels on a couple of throws. he's skinnier than either moore or parris. he looks more like broyld (size wise). there's no way he can be viewed as traditional blocking tight end.

don't. he's playing hback and shows pretty good wheels on a couple of throws. he's skinnier than either moore or parris. he looks more like broyld (size wise). there's no way he can be viewed as traditional blocking tight end.
It's the JUCO thing too.

http://www.hustlebelt.com/mac-footb...ruiting-te-trey-dunkelberger-talks-commitment

Still relatively new to the sport, Trey wasn't heavily recruited by college football teams out of Shillington, Pennsylvania's Governor Mifflin High School. With hard work and determination, the 6'5 240 pound Dunkelberger has turned his dreams of playing on the Division I level into a reality.
Even though he has gave the Akron staff a verbal pledge, Trey, who suits up for the Pierce Community College Brahmas, in Woodland Hills, California, is still going to listen to other programs that might come calling after taking a look at his mid-season highlights.

It's the JUCO thing too.

maybe maybe not. juco's by and large plug holes as we know but this kid is also 3 to play 3 and as a juco freshman jan enrollee he's fully qualified and not an academic risk.

If we're going to recruit this area Governor Mifflin is one of the 2 schools you want in with. Wilson is the other but they'll always be Penn State leans since Kerry Collins is an alumni and donated their gym for them.

Why? He is a 3 to play 3. And if you follow any of the recruiting of other schools in the ACC they all take JUCOs or transfers.
maybe maybe not. juco's by and large plug holes as we know but this kid is also 3 to play 3 and as a juco freshman jan enrollee he's fully qualified and not an academic risk.
The 3 to play 3 thing helps me feel better.

I know everyone else takes JUCOs. For the most part though, our JUCOs have been filler on unsuccessful teams and not exactly the JUCOs that the best teams are bringing in. I'd rather have the time to develop a highschool kid than patch in some semi-readier to go depth.

Plus, Bnoro said this staff isn't about JUCOs. That being the case, if this kid's 3 to play 3 status plus potential is interesting enough to the staff, great. However, if it's because the staff has started to feel they need more depth at TE due to either a) schematic changes or b) feeling the need for more depth, I don't view either thing as good.

If we get this kid I'll love him for it because he's now one of our guys, but there's enough possibly going on here to worry me. Doesn't he sound exactly like the under the radar, nobody heard of him kid that Shafer says he wants to win with?

I'd be excited about a good juco running back right about now.