Class of 2014 - JUCO TE/WR Trey Dunkelberger (PA) Signed LOI | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 JUCO TE/WR Trey Dunkelberger (PA) Signed LOI

Not that it's a surprise, but, this tells me Eskridge is gone.

I don't think that Eskridge has had a "great" career, and I have serious doubts about his durability. But it is tough to blame him, given his economic background, if he decides to go for it. He's got terriffic size and speed--even though it didn't always translate into on-field productivity. I don't think he was nearly as much of a tactician as his predecesor, Shamarko Thomas, was--but he's got to do what's best for his family--so long as the draft position is favorable.

I don't think that Eskridge has had a "great" career, and I have serious doubts about his durability. But it is tough to blame him, given his economic background, if he decides to go for it. He's got terriffic size and speed--even though it didn't always translate into on-field productivity. I don't think he was nearly as much of a tactician as his predecesor, Shamarko Thomas, was--but he's got to do what's best for his family--so long as the draft position is favorable.
Definitely viewed from opposite ends of the spectrum... Shamarko is a poster boy for what hard work can do for you. Eskridge is the definition of what great measurables can do. Completely agree that he's not nearly the same tactician as Shamarko. But with his size and athletic ability, he's a no brainer for one GM in the top half of the Draft.

Regardless, I'll wish him the best, he's already overcome more than I may ever to put himself in this position. Do what's best for you.

Trey Dunkelberger7⃣‏@TreyDunk7 9h9 hours ago
Just found out I'm rooming with @FoeBoy_Cuse4
203c.png
so you know nothing but big things will come

Presume they are going to live in the newly constructed indoor practice facility for a majority of their time.

Yup, was just thinking that. He's probably down in Florida next semester training for the combine.

yeah lets hope he doesn't tyler ennis/jerami grant this opportunity

Not that I'm disagreeing Eskridge is leaving, how does Dunkelberger rooming with Long tell you that?

Not that I'm disagreeing Eskridge is leaving, how does Dunkelberger rooming with Long tell you that?
Eskridge and AJ are roomates, as noted in a PS article. Its more likely considering his circumstance and following social media that this will be his last game in Orange versus him just moving to a different apartment mid year.

we do have pass catching TE's and could maybe use another blocking TE. I don't personally agree with the 'need' but it sort of tips the hand on the offense direction. I'm ok if we try to re-establish a run game. I think the lack of a running game has really hurt this year.

This kid is pretty lean though. Not you're typically 280 blocking TE so I assume just based on size he can probably run and be more multi purpose.
The lack of a running game was huge this year. Establishing a major running attack will be key to developing and effective attack. Without the threat of the run, it puts more pressure on the passing game and our young QB's.

If eskridge is invited to the combine what do you think his Measurables are going to be?

I'm guessing mid 4.5-4.7 40, 10 reps on bench

The lack of a running game was huge this year. Establishing a major running attack will be key to developing and effective attack. Without the threat of the run, it puts more pressure on the passing game and our young QB's.
The oline was 5 returning Seniors, with 2 Senior running backs, 2 senior wr's, and the offense was bad the first game. The Staff was too reliant on the seniors to effectively lead the team on offense, and they failed badly. If staying the course with the people who helped build the program for 4 years is a bad thing, then I guess the staff made a mistake, but to me, at that point you can't just tell players to leave.

The oline was 5 returning Seniors, with 2 Senior running backs, 2 senior wr's, and the offense was bad the first game. The Staff was too reliant on the seniors to effectively lead the team on offense, and they failed badly. If staying the course with the people who helped build the program for 4 years is a bad thing, then I guess the staff made a mistake, but to me, at that point you can't just tell players to leave.
The problem is the staff did not put the kids in the best position to succeed. Tried to fit the kids into the offense rather than fitting the offense into the athletes you have.

I think this kid is EXACTLY what this offense needs. We haven't had a sure fire solid tight end since Provo. I feel like this gives the QBs some room to operate now. Try to get the ball to an open receiver and if he can't find one now you have a safety net tight end to throw the ball too. Now once the passing game gets going the running game should take shape. The foundation is being laid and close to being set now we just need the coaching staff to turn them into W's. GO ORANGE!!!

The problem is the staff did not put the kids in the best position to succeed. Tried to fit the kids into the offense rather than fitting the offense into the athletes you have.

Thank you. That is why I had no problem with GM being demoted. Goofy play calling aside, and there was plenty of that, he did exactly what you say here. Our 2013 offense wasn't exactly great, but it played to the strength of the unit: running the ball down people's throats. The OL wasn't as good this year but I also think it was put in a bad position with this up tempo nonsense that GM installed. I have no idea how Lester the OC will do, but I am glad to see that he will be using two TE sets, a lot of play action etc. BC has been able to get a lot out of a true frosh in Hilliman, I am hopeful we can do that with Strickland, and hopeful that they find a main back (McFarland?) out of the others and give that kid a lot of carries. If we can get the Hunt we saw down the stretch in 2013 next year (or whomever the QB ends up being, but I am guessing it will be T Hunt) then I will be thrilled.

The person we missed most this year was Jerome Smith, an every down back who hit the hole, and picked up yards on 1st down. PTG with all his dancing around, continually put the offense in 2nd and long, which put the team in bad position for play calling.

The person we missed most this year was Jerome Smith, an every down back who hit the hole, and picked up yards on 1st down. PTG with all his dancing around, continually put the offense in 2nd and long, which put the team in bad position for play calling.

Absolutely. PTG killed us more often than not

I think he was missed but I also didn't think we had much of a north south rushing attack. One of the reasons why our OL has looked poor is the play calling asks them to do something they aren't good at. I see those end around running plays I cringe. Those are long blocks for our offensive line to hold. Knowing that we were weak in this area, the coaches should have adjusted and tried to get more north south. Easiest block to make is the guy in front of you, not 4 yards to your left. I really thought that the staff did a poor job of coming by up with a running attack and sticking with it. What makes it even more mind numbing is we lost TH and then we are starting 3 new QB's. I would have ran the ball more just to take the pressure off of them, mixed in more play action, and less drops with reads.

Sorry I typed this on my iPhone