Class of 2014 - JUCO TE/WR Trey Dunkelberger (PA) Signed LOI | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 JUCO TE/WR Trey Dunkelberger (PA) Signed LOI

Sounds like Kendall-Moore is moving back to the OL... Check the recruiting article Tomcat posted from the DO

Couldn't be happier with that development.

Competition for Denzel Ward at LT.

Yep and that's exactly what we need. And who knows, maybe Burton and McGloster continue to develop. I'm not going to write them off yet but they were major shots in the dark when they were recruited.

Moore moving to OT makes me feel a little better about that depth chart, but I still would like to see a JUCO C and T added to this class.

Yep and that's exactly what we need. And who knows, maybe Burton and McGloster continue to develop. I'm not going to write them off yet but they were major shots in the dark when they were recruited.

Moore moving to OT makes me feel a little better about that depth chart, but I still would like to see a JUCO C and T added to this class.

Might happen. I noticed that Trey is not the only JUCO that is being followed on Twitter by the coaches.

I don't understand...he's proven that he just cant put on the weight needed for it and he didn't redshirt.

I don't understand...he's proven that he just cant put on the weight needed for it and he didn't redshirt.

Hopefully if the plan is to shift him back to OT, the staff is already starting on the weight training/diet plan to get him to the proper weight to be successful there. He was 6'5 250 coming out of high school and he has since slimmed down a bit from that. He really should be in the 290-305 range, so he definitely has a ways to go. If they start now, you're talking 9 months until fall ball, that's a long time. And the fact that he didn't redshirt helps, he has a redshirt year available if he isn't able to bulk up quick enough, which basically gives him a year and a half if they decide to redshirt him to help with the transition.

Good move if he can add the weight and the fact he's dropped the last three passes intended for him.

Hopefully if the plan is to shift him back to OT, the staff is already starting on the weight training/diet plan to get him to the proper weight to be successful there. He was 6'5 250 coming out of high school and he has since slimmed down a bit from that. He really should be in the 290-305 range, so he definitely has a ways to go. If they start now, you're talking 9 months until fall ball, that's a long time. And the fact that he didn't redshirt helps, he has a redshirt year available if he isn't able to bulk up quick enough, which basically gives him a year and a half if they decide to redshirt him to help with the transition.
I could have sworn they were trying that last summer and McD said something about him just not being able to put on the weight. I hope he really gives it a legit attempt because he is pretty athletic and would be a good fit at tackle.

I could have sworn they were trying that last summer and McD said something about him just not being able to put on the weight. I hope he really gives it a legit attempt because he is pretty athletic and would be a good fit at tackle.

I agree and you may be right on the weight thing, but I think he'd make a fantastic tackle, even if it's RT.

Absolutely develop him into a solid O tackle and you want an extra man eligible reciever go for it.

Trey Dunkelberger7⃣‏@TreyDunk7 6h6 hours ago
December 5th-7th
1f34a.png
1f499.png
203c.png
http://instagram.com/p/vXlwWFPgYN/

I find it interesting that we want to bring in two tight ends. Must be a sign that the new offensive coordinator must plan for the tight end to be more of a part of his offense. I think it is a good move and I love 6-4, 245!

@TreyDunk7: Great talk with Clemson ✊

----------------------
99% chance...

Last edited:
Absolutely develop him into a solid O tackle and you want an extra man eligible reciever go for it.
Not in college. Only in NFL is an offensive tackle ever eligible. Can be a defensive lineman if his number is not between 50 and 79.

maybe its my paranoia, but could it be possible this kid is putting on a social media front just to attract more attention from bigger name schools?

Crusty said:
Not in college. Only in NFL is an offensive tackle ever eligible. Can be a defensive lineman if his number is not between 50 and 79.

Huh I never even thought about it not being legal in college but I guess I've only seen it in NFL games, good call crusty.

bothsocksup said:
maybe its my paranoia, but could it be possible this kid is putting on a social media front just to attract more attention from bigger name schools?

Maybe, he was illustrating a window closing on his commitment too, that clemson tweet was a little disheartening hopefully hes our shade of orange he'll get more of a chance to prove himself in the time he has here if we switch to two tight sets but that's not always what makes the decision

Maybe he's saying the chance of Clemson offering is 99%. Who cares. Ship won't get turned until we win these off field battles.

Everybody wants kids offered by the clemsons but nobody actually wants to go head to head with the clemsons for the kids.

Clemson doesn't want him to go to Cuse. Why would they want a JUCO kid when they are a selector school ? Build a little depth and stop an in division team from Getting talent needed to run the new O.