Class of 2014 - JUCO TE/WR Trey Dunkelberger (PA) Signed LOI | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 JUCO TE/WR Trey Dunkelberger (PA) Signed LOI

We'll know by Dec 6th if he's coming to Cuse. He's an interesting prospect, specifically for his blocking ability, but not one to lose sleep over if it doesn't work out for us. I do like that we are working on some high energy, play to the whistle type kids though.

There's more than one big school sniffing around.

DUNKELBERGER!!!

Syracuse, Cincinnati, South Florida, Akron, Stony Brook, San Diego, Central Arkansas

I don't see an 8th - this is from his Rivals profile. Although he has a L'ville visit scheduled 11/29 so maybe they're the 8th.

Just read on a TOS site that according to an interview with him he has a UofL and a Purdue offer.

Free article...

https://www.accsports.com/articles/dunkelberger-nearing-decision

Dunkelberger Nearing Decision
Tuesday, November 18, 2014 11:54am
  • Trey_Dunkelberger_TreyDunk7.jpg

Trey Dunkelberger is visiting Syracuse on Dec. 5. (Source: Twitter account @TreyDunk7)
By Chris Moore
Syracuse has been looking for some recruiting momentum ever since hitting a wall this summer. That could be coming soon in the way of junior college tight end Trey Dunkelberger.
Dunkelberger is a 3-star tight end at Pierce Community College in Woodland Hills, California. The former Akron commit has been gathering more interest and offers throughout the year, and now he’s at a point where an upcoming visit could end his recruitment on a high note.
“I’m thinking if everything goes well, I might commit to Syracuse on my visit,” Dunkelberger told ACCSports.com.
Dunkelberger has an official visit lined up with the Orange on Dec. 5. He picked up a Syracuse offer earlier in November, and he had a meeting with coach Joe Adam last week. He said having a Syracuse offer “feels great,” and there’s plenty he likes about the opportunity to play for the Orange.
“Definitely the coaches, that’s one of the biggest things,” he said. “With how close it is to home, that definitely helps out a lot, as well. The fans are great. Also, playing in the Carrier Dome looks amazing. All of that put together, I’m just really excited about it.”
The Syracuse coaching staff has sold Dunkelberger on how he fits within its offense. At 6-5, 240 pounds, he has the exact size the Orange are looking for at their tight end position. He also runs a sub-4.6 time in the 40-yard dash, which means he can add some explosiveness to an evolving offense.
Although a commitment seems imminent, it’s not a done deal. Dunkelberger is also considering Louisville and Purdue, who are the other two Power 5 teams that have extended him an offer. He said Louisville’s impressive debut season in the ACC and the atmosphere surrounding the program have him interested in the Cardinals.
It’s been a bit of a journey for Dunkelberger to get to this point. The Pennsylvania native enrolled in junior college after graduating high school with a low recruiting profile. Now, he’s in a position to transfer into big-time college football this spring, where he’ll have three years of eligibility remaining. It hasn’t been the ideal path, but he’s pleased with the opportunities that lie at the end of it.
“This year hasn’t been too great, but the offers are coming in, so that’s the best part about it,” he said. “I’m excited about that and getting to the next level after this next month or two.”

Maybe he's saying the chance of Clemson offering is 99%. Who cares. Ship won't get turned until we win these off field battles.

Everybody wants kids offered by the clemsons but nobody actually wants to go head to head with the clemsons for the kids.
sorry, that was my 99% comment. should have made that clearer.

Clemson doesn't want him to go to Cuse. Why would they want a JUCO kid when they are a selector school ? Build a little depth and stop an in division team from Getting talent needed to run the new O.
Clemson is not afraid of Syracuse. Don't believe that. If they are talking, they are interested.

I hope we get this kid. Missed the post about having 3 years left of eligibility. That's makes him a ready to play type player, which we need badly at this position. A tight end that can dominate the area between the hash masks would help this offense and QB a lot.

Clemson is not afraid of Syracuse. Don't believe that. If they are talking, they are interested.
Clemson is always in a state of fear. We could easily Have won down there , Dabo knows it.

Trey is loving the fan support from Syracuse! He has grown ALOT since high school. His hard work in the gym, classroom, and on the field and his never give up attitude and dream to play D1 football has gotten him to where he is now. He will definitely be choosing to go where he feels he has the best chance of playing! As his mom, I am extremely proud of him!

Trey is loving the fan support from Syracuse! He has grown ALOT since high school. His hard work in the gym, classroom, and on the field and his never give up attitude and dream to play D1 football has gotten him to where he is now. He will definitely be choosing to go where he feels he has the best chance of playing! As his mom, I am extremely proud of him!

Welcome Mom... another female is always welcome.:)

Welcome! Glad to have you!

Welcome I am a parent of a commit... If you have any questions I can try and answer any thing I have learned about Syracuse along our way to Shy commiting. Pm me if you would like... Good luck with the recruitment no matter where he ends up

You should be proud of him-It's a significant accomplishment. Good luck to all of you-Hope to see him in Orange!

Bambrewer said:
Welcome I am a parent of a commit... If you have any questions I can try and answer any thing I have learned about Syracuse along our way to Shy commiting. Pm me if you would like... Good luck with the recruitment no matter where he ends up

Your words have more weight than ours, that's for sure!

Best wishes to Trey wherever he ends up selecting. From my office here in Reading I can say it's great to see local players make it to the biggest stage. One of my colleagues even scouted Trey from an opposing HS during his time @ Governor Mifflin. Small world, and you'll find Cuse fans are everywhere if he chooses that route.

Best wishes to Trey wherever he ends up selecting. From my office here in Reading I can say it's great to see local players make it to the biggest stage. One of my colleagues even scouted Trey from an opposing HS during his time @ Governor Mifflin. Small world, and you'll find Cuse fans are everywhere if he chooses that route.

Everytime I see Governor Mifflin I think of Dunder Mifflin from the office lol.

Thanks bamabrewer!! I may have more questions after Trey's visit than I do now :)
Will be glad to have him back on the east coast!!

Thanks bamabrewer!! I may have more questions after Trey's visit than I do now :)
Will be glad to have him back on the east coast!!

Many, many years ago I lived in Mohnton and my husband and I would travel up to central NY frequently to visit family. If Trey decides to commit to Syracuse you will find it is an easy trip from Reading.

Trey Dunkelberger7⃣‏@TreyDunk7 9m9 minutes ago
@KinggPaco: @TreyDunk7 I think you gone go to CUSE bro watch lol” As long as I have a good visit I'm committing haha. Where you going?!

Matt Schneidman‏@matt_schneidman 9m9 minutes ago
On a football note, JUCO TE Trey Dunkelberger tells me the offers are still coming, but he'll "most likely" commit to Syracuse on Dec. 5.

Wherever he chooses, they will be lucky to have him. He is a great kid, avoids trouble, knows the importance of education, everywhere he has been, his teammates have loved him. He's humble, a team player, and a motivator. I am so happy he is getting this recognition that many kids take for granted. He does not take any of this for granted. Beyond football, as a mom, I am most proud of his character and his love for God.