Class of 2014 - JUCO TE/WR Trey Dunkelberger (PA) Signed LOI | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 JUCO TE/WR Trey Dunkelberger (PA) Signed LOI

Wherever he chooses, they will be lucky to have him. He is a great kid, avoids trouble, knows the importance of education, everywhere he has been, his teammates have loved him. He's humble, a team player, and a motivator. I am so happy he is getting this recognition that many kids take for granted. He does not take any of this for granted. Beyond football, as a mom, I am most proud of his character and his love for God.
I think you will really like coach Shafer then. He is a great guy. If you get a chance you can google some of his stories or if you go thru the thread they made for our son Shy they have links to some great stories about kids he has brought in and helped and some stories about him living in some tough places to get to know what others have it like. We spent along time talking with him and all coaches during our visit when shy committed. All great guys

I think you will really like coach Shafer then. He is a great guy. If you get a chance you can google some of his stories or if you go thru the thread they made for our son Shy they have links to some great stories about kids he has brought in and helped and some stories about him living in some tough places to get to know what others have it like. We spent along time talking with him and all coaches during our visit when shy committed. All great guys

I will definitely look him up. I know Trey loves Acosta :)
And Syracuse is the ONLY school to date whose head coach talked to him! That is one thing that really made Trey feel good!
Bambrewer, what is your sons full name? I'll tell Trey about him :)

Wherever he chooses, they will be lucky to have him. He is a great kid, avoids trouble, knows the importance of education, everywhere he has been, his teammates have loved him. He's humble, a team player, and a motivator. I am so happy he is getting this recognition that many kids take for granted. He does not take any of this for granted. Beyond football, as a mom, I am most proud of his character and his love for God.

Trey sounds like a great young man we will be honored to have you, him and your entire family join the Cuse family!

Shyheim cullen he is a linebacker. We live in Massachusetts. I would have copied and pasted the articles for you but I can't do it from my phone I will tomorrow when I get to work.
We had visited a lot of colleges and you are correct most of the head coaches don't speak to the recruits much . Even when we went to BC and met with them coach addazio talked for a couple minutes tops. As a matter of fact after shy commited to syracuse we were at a camp my other son was attending at Bc and coach addazio talked to shy more that day than he did suring the visit.

I found the thread. Reading it now. You're sons a beast! Hard worker! I'm a fan of the "underdogs" he diamonds in the rough! Watch out! When we first paid for trey to start working out with a trainer (winning factor, they have been with lesean McCoy since high school) Trey ran a .52 40, he has worked his way to a .45 40. And with a good program he cannot wait to reach his full potential!

If he chooses syracuse we will have to meet tailgating :)

And In order for Trey to transfer from a D2 to a D1 school, he either had to sit a year or get an associates degree. That kid since Feb '14 will have completed 48 credits to be able to transfer in January '15. This semester alone he is carrying 24 credits with a 3.0GPA. He's will be ready for the 12-15 credits a semester. He's tired mentally!
Ok, done bragging!

I found the thread. Reading it now. You're sons a beast! Hard worker! I'm a fan of the "underdogs" he diamonds in the rough! Watch out! When we first paid for trey to start working out with a trainer (winning factor, they have been with lesean McCoy since high school) Trey ran a .52 40, he has worked his way to a .45 40. And with a good program he cannot wait to reach his full potential!

If he chooses syracuse we will have to meet tailgating :)
It's great when they start off good and work their way to great. I think the hard work makes them appreciate what they get more than kids that just do it without any effort. When it comes to easy they think it will always be there.
They have some great tailgating here and if he comes we will definitely have to meet up for some

And In order for Trey to transfer from a D2 to a D1 school, he either had to sit a year or get an associates degree. That kid since Feb '14 will have completed 48 credits to be able to transfer in January '15. This semester alone he is carrying 24 credits with a 3.0GPA. He's will be ready for the 12-15 credits a semester. He's tired mentally!
Ok, done bragging!
no way bragging about my kids is my favorite past time... Plus most of the people here in the board love to know everything about the recruits... They are a great bunch

Syracuse would be a great fit for your son. As a Syracuse grad. my degree is still working for me over 30 years later. He has a chance to be a part of an offense that that will continue to grow over the next few years and he could be a leader in that process. I hope he thinks it is the best fit for him!

Syracuse would be a great fit for your son. As a Syracuse grad. my degree is still working for me over 30 years later. He has a chance to be a part of an offense that that will continue to grow over the next few years and he could be a leader in that process. I hope he thinks it is the best fit for him!
That's the real deal! He is pre-law criminal justice major. Plus I like that he wouldn't be that far from home :)

That article is fantastic. I liked the guy a lot before I read it and I have loved him ever since reading it

• 12:53 PM - 22 Nov 2014
    Trey Dunkelberger7⃣‏@TreyDunk7 3m3 minutes ago
    Wow, my parents got more letters than me. They are loving this!! >
    1f499.png

http://www.dailyorange.com/2014/11/dunkelberger-to-most-likely-commit-to-syracuse-on-dec-5-visit/

Dunkelberger to ‘most likely’ commit to Syracuse on Dec. 5 visit
By Matt SchneidmanAsst. Copy Editor
1 day ago

Junior college tight end Trey Dunkelberger said he’ll “most likely” commit on his Dec. 5 visit to Syracuse in a text message to The Daily Orange on Friday night.
At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. rates the Pierce (California) College product as a two-star prospect, and he’s listed at 6 feet, 4 inches and 240 pounds.
Dunkelberger has received an offer from the Orange and according to his Facebook, his top three schools are Syracuse, Clemson and Purdue. According to Scout, the tight end has received offers from SU, Akron, Cincinnati and South Florida.
Former SU head coach Doug Marrone brought in nine junior college recruits during the Class of 2013, but current head coach Scott Shafer has only brought on one in his two years, a reclassifying Wayne Williams.
Dunkelberger would be the first JUCO commit in this year’s class and the 23rd overall in the group.

Best wishes to Trey wherever he ends up selecting. From my office here in Reading I can say it's great to see local players make it to the biggest stage. One of my colleagues even scouted Trey from an opposing HS during his time @ Governor Mifflin. Small world, and you'll find Cuse fans are everywhere if he chooses that route.
What school was that who was scouting him? Small world!

What school was that who was scouting him? Small world!

I believe he helped coach at Exeter. I asked him If he remembered Trey's name and he said yes. Asked him for the scouting report and he said tough blocker but didn't recall game planning to stop him as a receiver due to the heavy run based offense mifflin ran. I work with a couple coaches from Exeter, one from Boone, and 2 from Wilson with the latter three being soccer.

Trey obviously put in work to add good weight and if he's added the speed that you stated here, he becomes a lot more intriguing as a complete prospect.

I believe he helped coach at Exeter. I asked him If he remembered Trey's name and he said yes. Asked him for the scouting report and he said tough blocker but didn't recall game planning to stop him as a receiver due to the heavy run based offense mifflin ran. I work with a couple coaches from Exeter, one from Boone, and 2 from Wilson with the latter three being soccer.

Trey obviously put in work to add good weight and if he's added the speed that you stated here, he becomes a lot more intriguing as a complete prospect.
Like I said small world! Yeah, he really started excelling his senior year and the passion to play just grew that last year. We got him into a training program and he went from 18% body fat to 8%, increased his speed, increased his weights. And he was on a roll. We signed him up for a combine in Maryland where he was timed at .46 in the 40 yard (his best before that was .47). When he got to Pierce in CA, they timed him at .451. They didn't play him much at pierce because the offers started coming in for him and the coaches wanted to give other tight ends a chance to get offers. Last I heard trey was only one of
four on the team with offers. I have to credit God for the favor shown towards trey. The kid hasn't played much since high school and sits with the offers he has because of the hard work he has put in. We are so excited to see him PLAY and where he will go from here talent wise! In my opinion, he will ONLY get better!!