Class of 2014 - JUCO TE/WR Trey Dunkelberger (PA) Signed LOI | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 JUCO TE/WR Trey Dunkelberger (PA) Signed LOI

LOL. Didn't even think of that. IO knows that I get cravings for a certain Cheese steak restaurant in Reading.

Perhaps I'm a bit spoiled in that I assume that folks outside of SE PA can get a decent cheese steak.

Right there with you. I don't really get this. Wish we would stay away from the JC ranks. All this will seemingly do is create a log jam at the position.

Parris - Jr.
Kendall-Moore -Jr.
Provo - Soph.
Custis - Soph.
Enoicy - Frosh.

Why not just stay on Parkinson if you want a TE?

And there is a big difference between KST, and SEC recruiting JC's. KST builds their program around JC's. The SEC bring in 4 and 5 star future NFL studs.

Because Parkinson is not going to be ready to play next year and we need kids on the two deep that can play. I think the staff learned from the injury situation this year and is adjusting, thankfully.

Trey Dunkelberger7⃣‏@TreyDunk7 8m8 minutes ago
Official offer #8 comes from Syracuse University
1f34a.png
#CuseNation #CUSE #CuseTwitterArmy pic.twitter.com/ekiCrynyPP
B2MUVojCMAAxMq4.jpg

B2MUVoiCIAAyewh.jpg

1:59 PM - 11 Nov 2014 · Details

so who are his offers from?

Syracuse, Cincinnati, South Florida, Akron, Stony Brook, San Diego, Central Arkansas

I don't see an 8th - this is from his Rivals profile. Although he has a L'ville visit scheduled 11/29 so maybe they're the 8th.

Because Parkinson is not going to be ready to play next year and we need kids on the two deep that can play. I think the staff learned from the injury situation this year and is adjusting, thankfully.

Who is he going to supplant on the 2 deep? Parris, Kendall-Moore, or Provo? Not even going to list Custis, or Enoicy.

Who is he going to supplant on the 2 deep? Parris, Kendall-Moore, or Provo? Not even going to list Custis, or Enoicy.

Parris is the only one that is safe as far as I'm concerned. He can play the position and he can play it well, when he's not injured. Moore is in his second year at the position and still isn't catching the ball consistently and Provo, Custis and Enoicy are all unknowns. All have great potential but still are very green.

They know what they got at the position and they offered pretty quickly so the staff feels the kid can contribute soon. The staff must feel he can contribute in year 1 or they wouldn't make the move. 3 for 3 makes it worth it if he's a player. Only time will tell.

January enrollee?

Trey Dunkelberger7⃣@TreyDunk7 · Nov 5
Can't wait for December: -3 Officials
-All American Game 9th-13th
-Signing Day 17th
-Graduate 18th as a RS Freshman
-Head back home

I only see where he is taking 2 OVs as of now..SU and UofL.

Sounds like Kendall-Moore is moving back to the OL... Check the recruiting article Tomcat posted from the DO

and this quote that nobody has discussed should be read very carefully by the crowd that thinks we don't target top tier kids.

“Golden Delicious. That’s a five-star apple,” Shafer, Syracuse’s head coach, said in his weekly press conference last Thursday. “You went to the market to get a dozen Golden Delicious apples and you got there and there weren’t any there.

“And the handful that were there said, ‘We’re not going to let you buy us. We want to go in someone else’s sack.’”

and this quote that nobody has discussed should be read very carefully by the crowd that thinks we don't target top tier kids.

“Golden Delicious. That’s a five-star apple,” Shafer, Syracuse’s head coach, said in his weekly press conference last Thursday. “You went to the market to get a dozen Golden Delicious apples and you got there and there weren’t any there.

“And the handful that were there said, ‘We’re not going to let you buy us. We want to go in someone else’s sack.’”

Lots of interesting stuff in that article.. And anyone who thinks we don't target top tier kids isn't paying attention...

Lots of interesting stuff in that article.. And anyone who thinks we don't target top tier kids isn't paying attention...
He sounds like a JUCO 4 star...goes from a Shippensburg offer out of HS to legit offers at P5 schools.