Class of 2016 - JUCO WR Alonge Brooks (TX) to South Dakota | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 JUCO WR Alonge Brooks (TX) to South Dakota

jekelish

Living Legend
Last night I noticed that Kim McCloud is following a JUCO receiver from Riverside City College, and now this morning I see that the receiver is not only following McCloud, but also a few other Syracuse related accounts.

6-3, 205 JUCO sophomore who was his team's deep threat this season. 29 catches was third on the team, but he led the team with 16.4 yard per catch and was second with 5 TDs:

http://www.rccathletics.com/sports/fball/2015-16/players/alongebrooksmsst?view=gamelog

He's graduating from JUCO this month so he's another early guy. He's originally from Carrollton, Texas, which is a suburb of Dallas (and my wife's hometown).

Looks like he had a hell of a growth spurt after HS, because he was listed anywhere in the 5-8 to 5-10 range from what I'm finding, but he looks every bit of 6-3 in his JUCO highlights. Might be why he fell to the JUCO ranks.

By the way, REALLY like this kid's film. Looks like a big, fast receiver with solid hands and balance.

What kind of speed are we talking because I felt as far as skilled players go next year we are missing a tall guy that can blow the top off of the D opposite of Ish. With Erv and Estime working underneath

By the way, REALLY like this kid's film. Looks like a big, fast receiver with solid hands and balance.

Only Caveat is that Riverside JC is HEAVILY recruited by the Pac 12 schools and Mountain West. So having no offers is kind of odd. Hopefully he's one of those diamonds the staff is going to have to uncover.

Gee this is exactly the type of player we've needed for the past 3 years. A big WR a couple years removed from HS & ready to contribute to the passing game immediately. I always hated the last staff's refusal to bring in help from the JuCo ranks.

Hope we get this kid he looks like he could be a beast in the Dome

BKCuse said:
Gee this is exactly the type of player we've needed for the past 3 years. A big WR a couple years removed from HS & ready to contribute to the passing game immediately. I always hated the last staff's refusal to bring in help from the JuCo ranks. Hope we get this kid he looks like he could be a beast in the Dome

We had a Juco on the two deep from last class.

I agree with you Jeke. I like everything about this kid.

effort, speek go orange.gif

Think this kid is really underrated. In my opinion he has the tools to be a stud not only in our offense but in the ACC. I would love to have Brooks, Ishmael, Estime, and Lewis, I think that would be a good start for our receiving core for this offense and I'm sure this staff has some others in mind like the kid from Purdue who is an absolute burner(deep threat)

Wonder what this says about Custis and Enoicy. Perhaps since they were so rarely used, HCDB doesn't really have a handle on them yet, but imo they can certainly be weapons in his offense.

Wonder what this says about Custis and Enoicy. Perhaps since they were so rarely used, HCDB doesn't really have a handle on them yet, but imo they can certainly be weapons in his offense.
Not sure that it says anything about them... we need lots of receivers for this offense. I think spring practice will be interesting though, and I think we'll see some attrition afterwards once the staff has seen what they have up close.

Here's how I see it: this staff knows what they want in the passing game. If they like a receiver and thinks he could help them do what they want to do, I'm fine with giving him a scholarship. That said, they haven't even offered this kid yet, so who knows if he's really in the plan.

I will say, Roger Lewis was a 2-star, lightly recruited kid and Dino just turned him into a Biletnikoff preseason watch list guy by his true sophomore season. They know what they want and need from receivers so it's one position I'm willing to defer to them on.

jekelish said:
Here's how I see it: this staff knows what they want in the passing game. If they like a receiver and thinks he could help them do what they want to do, I'm fine with giving him a scholarship. That said, they haven't even offered this kid yet, so who knows if he's really in the plan. I will say, Roger Lewis was a 2-star, lightly recruited kid and Dino just turned him into a Biletnikoff preseason watch list guy by his true sophomore season. They know what they want and need from receivers so it's one position I'm willing to defer to them on.

Roger Lewis was a 2 star only because he was a severe academic risk, otherwise he would have been playing at Ohio St.

Roger Lewis was a 2 star only because he was a severe academic risk, otherwise he would have been playing at Ohio St.
Ah, didn't realize that.

I'm still going to defer when it comes to WR recruits. They seem to be able to do a good job finding guys who make their system work, so until we see it not work, I'll assume they can recognize WR talent.

Those are called flashbacks; just relax and enjoy

Don't get me wrong, I love them. In fact, I just saw a grinning JFK on top of a yellow elephant on 690. I'm not sure if I was on foot or horseback.

Unfortunately, I think their PT under HCSS says enough about them. My old roommate @ IC was a 6'3" 225 WR who couldn't catch the remote if you threw it to him across the room.