Can't wait to visit Cuse/Cornell/Ithaca in 2 weeks
1f60b.png
1f60b.png
1f60b.png
1f60b.png
1f34a.png

2015 WR/RB Dylan Brzezinski, Hightstown, NJ.. Followed on Twitter by Giudice

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/509624/dylan-brzezinski

In case you have forgotten camp starts tomorrow.

Friday, June 13 6:30 to 7:00 pm 7:00 to 10:00 pm

It's a Friday the 13th and a full moon.. who knows what might happen.;)

Dekwon Wilson™‏@dreamchase_2016 50m
Syracuse camp this week

2016 RB Dekwon Wilson, Rush Henrietta

⚡Charles Gaskin⚡‏@cjthegreat15 38m
Excited to go to this Syracuse camp
1f4aa.png
1f44d.png
1f44c.png

2016 WR CJ Gaskin, New Britain, CT

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2021860/cj-gaskin

*Disclaimer... there is also a FB camp at CBA Saturday where I know one of the coaches from PSU will be. I think most of these kids are coming to SU but...

PSU coaches sure attend a lot of camps.

Yes they do. There was a contingency from PSU, tOSU, Minnie, etc at the Sound Mind Sound Body Camp yesterday in Detroit... including Head Coaches. Like Big Ten convention.

Last edited:
Yes they do. There was a contingency from PSU, tOSU, Minnie, etc at the Sound Mind Sound Body Camp yesterday in Detroit... including Head Coaches. Like Big Ten convention.

I know Ty Wheatley used to work the sound mind camp when he was at Syracuse. Pretty sure that's where Wheatley offered Eric Crume.

I know Ty Wheatley used to work the sound mind camp when he was at Syracuse. Pretty sure that's where Wheatley offered Eric Crume.
ACC needs to adjust their camp rules to get in line with the BIG 10. Only hurting them.

Last edited:
Another fun fact about acc digging a hole for themselves. Did you know the ncaa has a waiver schools can submit for kids who don't make the minimum grade scale... The acc doesn't except them but the others do. I had talked to the ncaa legislative division about shy and they told me he was a perfect candidate for the waiver. But most of the schools talking to shy have been acc

Another fun fact about acc digging a hole for themselves. Did you know the ncaa has a waiver schools can submit for kids who don't make the minimum grade scale... The acc doesn't except them but the others do. I had talked to the ncaa legislative division about shy and they told me he was a perfect candidate for the waiver. But most of the schools talking to shy have been acc

Can you explain how the waiver works?

If a kid is a good player and has grades close to the minimum for the sliding scale... Say his GPA is a 1.9 but his sat or act was above the minimum requirement which I believe is 1000 sat or 86 act. Or if he has the GPA and misses the sat or act. Or even if all three are close. If a college is interested in signing the kid they can submit for a waiver to the ncaa. The ncaa looks into the kids story... Why it's low if he can succeed in college etc. the ncaa can then issue a waiver for the kid to get the scholarship and join I believe as a red shirt ( though that wasn't exactly clear in my conversation with the ncaa and I haven't spoken to a school that excepts waivers) when he gets to school he can then make eligibility and play out his years

If a kid is a good player and has grades close to the minimum for the sliding scale... Say his GPA is a 1.9 but his sat or act was above the minimum requirement which I believe is 1000 sat or 86 act. Or if he has the GPA and misses the sat or act. Or even if all three are close. If a college is interested in signing the kid they can submit for a waiver to the ncaa. The ncaa looks into the kids story... Why it's low if he can succeed in college etc. the ncaa can then issue a waiver for the kid to get the scholarship and join I believe as a red shirt ( though that wasn't exactly clear in my conversation with the ncaa and I haven't spoken to a school that excepts waivers) when he gets to school he can then make eligibility and play out his years

Interesting-Thanks for sharing

I wonder if this will change in 2016 when the GPA requirement set by the NCAA to qualify is going to be increased.

I believe, I'm not positive, but I believe that this was the case with One of our current players. We were in the Big East obviously when he signed. I thought, I remembered having the discussion with a coach that he was close and the waiver was submitted. Otherwise he would've never red-shirted. So I think you're correct on the red-shirt ruling. During the red-shirt year they'll take preliminary or preparatory classes to decide placement.

Last edited:
I believe, I'm not positive, but I believe that this was the case with One of our current players. We were in the Big East obviously when he signed. I thought, I remembered having the discussion with a coach that he was close and the waiver was submitted. Otherwise he would've never red-shirted. So I think you're correct on the red-shirt ruling. During the red-shirt year they'll take preliminary or preparatory classes to decide placement.
Now that would be interesting to me because I was told by bc that the acc division doesn't allow waiver students... Or maybe it's just the have to red shirt and I didn't understand that was what they meant

Now that would be interesting to me because I was told by bc that the acc division doesn't allow waiver students... Or maybe it's just the have to red shirt and I didn't understand that was what they meant

Sounds like something else you should ask about next week.

Jared Gerbino‏@Jared__Gerbino 59m
Cuse camp in a few
1f3c8.png
1f4aa.png

2016 QB Jared Gerbino, Rush Henrietta, prior post on him.

Last edited:
Matthew Williams‏@MattWillliams11 Apr 30
Summer circuit almost full but most hyped about June 13 like coach bullough says I AM FIRED UP@CuseNationScout @CoachGMcDonald @Cuse1010

2015 S Matthew Williams, Groton, CT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom