Just a Vibe We Might Be Headed For... | Syracusefan.com

Just a Vibe We Might Be Headed For...

Ish88888

All American
NYC again and the Pinstripe bowl again at 6-6 or 7-5 and face this Temple team playing tonight. For the last 5 years or so I have been impressed with Temple FB and how they have recruited with tons of factors not favoring:

They play in a college hoops town.
They play in a pro sports town.
They play in an off campus pro stadium with no fb hx, as compared to Pitt which is the same situation.

They recruit well, are talented and physical and the matchup in NYC would make sense geographically.

Lastly, love their UA unis. Simple and bold.

PinStripe Bowl is an ACC v Big10 bowl game. Temple can't be in the PinStripe.

My prediction and dream comes crashing down. Wasnt aware of the b10 association. Geeez , being a NYC bowl and slotting with the B10? Doesn't make biz sense. Is this new? As we have beaten KSU and WVU in Yankee stadium in years past, B12 teams.

My prediction and dream comes crashing down. Wasnt aware of the b10 association. Geeez , being a NYC bowl and slotting with the B10? Doesn't make biz sense. Is this new? As we have beaten KSU and WVU in Yankee stadium in years past, B12 teams.

Yes Big 10 replaced the Big 12 a few years ago.

Yes Big 10 replaced the Big 12 a few years ago.

TY. Geeez, I know B10 fans travel but keeping 1 side of that matchup open to scoop up a team that makes more geographical sense?

TY. Geeez, I know B10 fans travel but keeping 1 side of that matchup open to scoop up a team that makes more geographical sense?

Aside from traveling, every B1G team except Nebraska has a huge alumni base in NYC.

Give me Rutgers in pinstripe. That would get juices flowing. They need to beat Indiana and State at home. Conceivable on both fronts.

Yankee stadium would push for this game if both teams are eligible.

Give me Rutgers in pinstripe. That would get juices flowing. They need to beat Indiana and State at home. Conceivable on both fronts.

Yankee stadium would push for this game if both teams are eligible.
Please, no. That would give them some misguided sense of relevance. I'll take Nebraska, Nortwestern, Maryland, etc, but, please no Rutgers.

This thread is a fail. The Pinstripe has had B1G-ACC tie-ins for years, and playing Rutgers in a bowl isn't exciting.

Not to be a douche but it’s mentioned on here every single bowl thread that pinstripe has to have a b10 team in it.

Hopefully Pinstripe bowl for those of us in NYC who can take a "sick" day.

EDIT: I would be fine playing Northwestern or Iowa.

Not to be a douche but it’s mentioned on here every single bowl thread that pinstripe has to have a b10 team in it.
Yep. Pinstripe has been in existence for 7 games, going into this year. First four years was BE vs. BigXII. After that, ACC vs. B1G. (ACC has 3 years remaining on its contact, B1G has 5 years left).

upload_2017-11-11_10-38-28.png

That's great attendance for a very low level bowl. A friend of my came up with the idea 30 years ago of having a bowl in the Dome sponsored by the winter sports industry and call it the Snow bowl. I think it could have worked.

PinStripe Bowl is an ACC v Big10 bowl game. Temple can't be in the PinStripe.

McMurphy this week had Syracuse vs Temple in Annapolis. Which, selfishly, works.

But he had BC against a G5 team (too lazy to look up which one) in the Pinstripe. Predicting the B1G wouldn't have enough qualified members.

That's great attendance for a very low level bowl. A friend of my came up with the idea 30 years ago of having a bowl in the Dome sponsored by the winter sports industry and call it the Snow bowl. I think it could have worked.

The Pinstripe Bowl really isn’t considered a low level bowl any more. The payouts make it one of the more attractive ones.

The Pinstripe Bowl really isn’t considered a low level bowl any more. The payouts make it one of the more attractive ones.
I agree w/ the caveat that I'm not sure that it would be fair to ever call it a low tier bowl. PSU, Notre Dame, BC, Syracuse, Pitt, and WVU have all played in it at least once in a 7 year span, and it's always had a payout of +$2 mm.

And FWIW, most of the other teams have either been regional (Rutgers) or middle of the road P5 (KSU & ISU).

Aside from traveling, every B1G team except Nebraska has a huge alumni base in NYC.

I think Nebraska would travel 20k fans to a bowl game played on Pluto.

I agree w/ the caveat that I'm not sure that it would be fair to ever call it a low tier bowl. PSU, Notre Dame, BC, Syracuse, Pitt, and WVU have all played in it at least once in a 7 year span, and it's always had a payout of +$2 mm.

And FWIW, most of the other teams have either been regional (Rutgers) or middle of the road P5 (KSU & ISU).
They have to pay out more money to even out the added NYC expenses.

Wouldn't the perceived caliber of team invited have more to do with it's status? Of course, other than when we went, I have no idea what that has looked like.