Just heard some bad news.. | Syracusefan.com

Just heard some bad news..

Marsh01

Living Legend
Melo - out today and Monday? Just got a text from a university employee. BS or real?

Was just told Melo didn't make the trip due to academics and Mookie is off the team...Looking for confirmation...

anyone confirm he made the trip? Again not starting rumors or pulling the sources crap, just want to know for sure.

Other thread about this.

Didn't Mike Waters say everyone is clear academically the other day?

Melos twitter:

Melo_elo51 Fabricio Melo

Good morning yall. We r heading to ND today. On to the next one. 4 days break was too long. Can't wait to play again.

Not true. This was debunked before the Villanova game, and again after Pitt.

I heard the same thing this morning and just posted on it as well. Hope its bs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

All I have to say is -- if this proves not to be true, can we PLEASE have a moratorium on all posts pertaining to academic ineligibility rumors for the rest of the season?

All I can say about these type of threads is that if Fab was really in academic trouble and didn't make the trip that I would have expected some of the very well known insiders to have already given us the lowdown on that. The dead give away is that Mookie is off the team, why on earth would Mookie quite the team or do something to get kicked off at this point when he already knows he is not going to play and is so close to getting his degree. Mookie has never looked happier in Orange than this season.

I'd be shocked if this were true. I believe anyone in bad academic standard would have already been missing games before this trip.

Seems the time frame for academics is off, would have had to miss the Pitt game as well since grades would have been in.

Mike Waters/PS Twitter does not mention anything about this. And it was updated 40 minutes ago.

Doesn't make sense he would have been done a week ago

I know that someone can be declared ineligible and then appeal it. Not sure if that happened. Again i was just looking for any concrete info and didnt intend to start another crazy rumor.

Was just told Melo didn't make the trip due to academics and Mookie is off the team...Looking for confirmation...

That would be ironic in that he is into his 3RD language he's learning.

I'll confirm it. Melo is ineligible for the 2nd semester which this is the first game of the 2nd semester. He is appealing it though sometime next week so he will miss at a minimum today and Monday. More depending upon the appeal and worst case the rest of the year. Also, Mookie was kicked off the team. I guess at 6 tonight it will or won't all be really confirmed for those who don't believe it.

Heh i wish. I hope its bs.

I'll confirm it. Melo is ineligible for the 2nd semester which this is the first game of the 2nd semester. He is appealing it though sometime next week so he will miss at a minimum today and Monday. More depending upon the appeal and worst case the rest of the year. Also, Mookie was kicked off the team. I guess at 6 tonight it will or won't all be really confirmed for those who don't believe it.

Sucks but explains why Syracuse was only -9 in this game.

I wonder if there is some sort of ESL exceptions to pursue here.

. I knew once i saw who the text came from it was not bs. Unreal that can happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom