Just Negative | Syracusefan.com

Just Negative

CuseHulk

Starter
The Threads all about Negative "Gonna Be a Long Year", or other threads like it get all the posts and likes. While the positive threads, about being patient or relax, or don't write this team off yet, this team will get better as the season progresses. Get no posts or likes.

People are Just Negative.

That's not what a Sports Fan keyword "Fan" should be about.

Last night post game, was a Meltdown. Again, I realize the team has flaws and questions (and we have been spoiled over the last years or so). But losing faith (which a fan should never do) after 3 games is just insane.

So lets, be fans and root for our team.

Let's go Orange !!!

Disagree, dude. Stop preaching as well. There have been worse "meltdowns" on this board such as post Dayton although I picked Dayton to beat SU when I filled out my bracket on Tuesday of that week. I don't see many writing off this team. I mostly have read valid and intelligent posts about team construction, structure of the offense/system, and other worrisome trends on the offensive side of the ball which have frankly become alarming. All worthy and valid points of discussion on a message board from any invested fan, mentally or monetarily, who truly cares.

Disagree, dude. Stop preaching as well. There have been worse "meltdowns" on this board such as post Dayton although I picked Dayton to beat SU when I filled out my bracket on Tuesday of that week. I don't see many writing off this team. I mostly have read valid and intelligent posts about team construction, structure of the offense/system, and other worrisome trends on the offensive side of the ball which have frankly become alarming. All worthy and valid points of discussion on a message board from any fan who truly cares.

"Gonna be a Long Year", "1996-1997 team", "Already looking ahead to next year".

Posts made last night. Including by legendary and respected members on this board.

Those sound like writing off the team.

"Gonna be a Long Year", "1996-1997 team", "Already looking ahead to next year".

Posts made last night. Including by legendary and respected members on this board.

Those sound like writing off the team. I'd expect this level of negativity at Syracuse.com not here.

Very minimal stuff like that, imo.

The Threads all about Negative "Gonna Be a Long Year", or other threads like it get all the posts and likes. While the positive threads, about being patient or relax, or don't write this team off yet, this team will get better as the season progresses. Get no posts or likes.

Last night post game, was a Meltdown. Again, I realize the team has flaws and questions (and we have been spoiled over the last years or so). But losing faith (which a fan should never do) after 3 games is just insane.

Let's go Orange !!!

Hey Hulk, let me talk to you in terms you may understand:

"Board no melt down. Board melt down worse in past. Cal smash! People upset. Team get better with time. Potential there. But big parts missing".

Or perhaps you're more of a wrestling fan:

"Let me tell you something, Brother! Cal let loose their 24 in pythons on the Orange causing a shiver to crawl up the spine of all my orangemaniacs! But this team will say its prayers and take its vitamins. CAUSE WHATCHYA GONNA DO BROTHER WHEN THE ORANGE (hopefully) RUN WILD ON YOU?!"

This is very mild after that stinking turd we witnessed last night. Believe me I'm well on the positive side around here so I'm not trying to paint it what its not. There is reason for concern, the board is here for fans to express, that as well as other things. This today is reasonable and thoughtful for the most part especially if you are looking at it relative to the reactions on this board at other times.

This doesn't even move the meltdown meter IMO.

Let's go Orange !!!

Really? What did you expect?

Get off the pedestal.

Optimists don't like pessimist's and pessimist's don't like optimist's.:blah:

Really? What did you expect?.

Frustrated, while understand the flaws and concerns with the team. But not writing them off after 3 games.

Again, Young Team overall, But talented, that will and have faith to get better as the season goes on.

Just because we are negative doesn't mean we are not bleeding Orange. Give us a reason not to be negative and the board quickly jumps the other way!

What’s that? Ah — meltdowns? Don’t talk about — meltdowns? You kidding me? Meltdowns? I just hope we can win a game! Another game.

The best part of the negativity is the "Next Year we'll be so stacked"

I guess it's just human nature, but my god stop talking about "next year"? We've been talking about "next year" for about 5 years now. Just enjoy the games, win or lose.

Listen to the Coach B press conference after the CAL game last night.

Said everything I have been saying a preaching. Young, Talented (especially Kaleb Joseph) team that's gonna take time to get better.

Didn't say, they won't get better.

You realize that you can be a fan and still recognize that the team has some serious problems, right? It's called being realistic to say "this team needs to improve in such and such areas or else it's going to be a long year" without being what I assume you'd term a "bad" fan.

There's a lot of room between watching through orange colored glasses and jumping off a bridge. Most of us are simply recognizing that this team is going to struggle in some pretty important areas barring a complete turnaround.

Optimists don't like pessimist's and pessimist's don't like optimist's.:blah:
Thats because pessimists as a whole are truly losers. I also don't like "blah" users. I don't like sushi. I don't like anyone whose opinion doesn't mirror mine. I don't like when I have to pay for my own drinks. In fact I don't like anything after last nights game. Can't wait til 5 to see how this group reacts.

Some of the above is true.

This however is true:

I'm hoping JB uses that "game" as a bludgeon to get the attention of these kids like when SU played man vs LeMoyne lost.

You realize that you can be a fan and still recognize that the team has some serious problems, right? It's called being realistic to say "this team needs to improve in such and such areas or else it's going to be a long year" without being what I assume you'd term a "bad" fan.

There's a lot of room between watching through orange colored glasses and jumping off a bridge. Most of us are simply recognizing that this team is going to struggle in some pretty important areas barring a complete turnaround.

Again, When you say and agree with "Gonna be a Long Year". That's jumping off a bridge.

I am a positive/optimistic person.

Again, When you say and agree with "Gonna be a Long Year". That's jumping off a bridge.

No, it's not jumping off a bridge. And I've never said it's going to be a long year, for the record. In fact, I've gone out of my way to say, "you can't really tell anything in the third game of the season, BUT..."

There are glaring flaws with this team. Take your high horse and ride back to Albany if you're going to try to teach everyone how to be a fan.

No, it's not jumping off a bridge. And I've never said it's going to be a long year, for the record. In fact, I've gone out of my way to say, "you can't really tell anything in the third game of the season, BUT..."

There are glaring flaws with this team. Take your high horse and ride back to Albany if you're going to try to teach everyone how to be a fan.

I acknowledge there are flaws and questions concerns with this team. And, I never said you were on of those posters.

I think and believe this team, will get better as the season goes on.

There were people jumping off the bridge after last night.

No offense but you dont know what a meltdown here looks like. I know you were a long time lurker before you started posting but if you think yesterday was bad then I suggest you take a vacation from the bball board after most losses this year. Yesterday's "meltdown" was shangra la compared to the Dayton loss, Paul Harris Pitt meltdown choke job, Butler, Cooneys drive vs Ohio State when we were down 3, UConn, etc etc.

Also just a friendly bit of advice you have already started 3 or 4 threads preaching the postiive aspect and throwing negative posts under the boss and questioning any fans who gave a grave look at the season including some high profile people and an admin. If theres one thing people hate more then losing its being preached to over and over when they try to vent on here.

Huh. Psychologically speaking, it's typically the pessimist that looks at an avid fan's behavior and characterizes it as "jumping off the ledge." The optimist would recognize the passion and absence of apathy, no?

It is going to be a long year does not mean it is going to be a bad year. Just a different way of saying the same thing you are saying. Team will grow. There will be bumps along the way. Thus a long year as we go through the ups and downs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom