just say no to Bill Cubit | Syracusefan.com

just say no to Bill Cubit

Millhouse

Living Legend
it's reasonable to wonder if Shafer would hire him. please no

373 ypg, 22 ppg against p5. they can't run the ball at all

0 wins ( a lot of that is on defense but c'mon )

he's old, long track record of lousy d1 offenses

stick with lester if you're going with WMU connections, he has upside

Millhouse said:
it's reasonable to wonder if Shafer would hire him. please no 373 ypg, 22 ppg against p5. they can't run the ball at all 0 wins ( a lot of that is on defense but c'mon ) he's old, long track record of lousy d1 offenses stick with lester if you're going with WMU connections, he has upside

Agree x 1000.

I wouldn't worry, I think Cubit would probably say no to us, unless he gets fired. Didn't he choose Illinois over us? (when we all assumed he was the guy Shafer wanted).

Unless some top shelf OC becomes available and Shafer is given the budget to go get him, I think the job will be Lester's. Just need to find a WR coach who can not only coach the position, but can recruit it too. I'd be completely surprised, to put it lightly, if the current WR coach is back next year.

Why is his name even coming up?
tomcat mentioned him a while back as a possibility.

i try like hell to never watch illinois so i checked their numbers to see if they'd gotten better and panicked.

Since taking over, Lester has done nothing but show promise. We're still not scoring enough, but the offense looks competent, the play calling is improved, and he's done a great job with an inexperienced true frosh QB.

The Clemson road game could get ugly, but if Lester finishes the season strongly [i.e., on par with what we've seen the last two games], he's our 100% our guy and deserves to have any interim tags taken off the title.

Saturday night will go a long way to determining if Lester and by extension Long are the long term solution.

Saturday night will go a long way to determining if Lester and by extension Long are the long term solution.

You're using a game at Death Valley to determine that? That's quite a high bar.

kirbivore said:
You're using a game at Death Valley to determine that? That's quite a high bar.
never said they had to win. But an embarrassing showing wouldn't exactly leave a great taste in anybody's mouth.

Orangepace said:
never said they had to win. But an embarrassing showing wouldn't exactly leave a great taste in anybody's mouth.

Never does. But I think we're playing with house money. 3rd string freshman QB on the road with an OC in his 3rd game vs a top 20 D?

If anything I would have expected us to be embarrassed at home against FSU. So far so good.

You didn't say win, you said it would go a long way towards determining AJ's and Lester's future. I'd prefer to base my opinions on the final four games against teams a little closer to SU's peer group.

kirbivore said:
You didn't say win, you said it would go a long way towards determining AJ's and Lester's future. I'd prefer to base my opinions on the final four games against teams a little closer to SU's peer group.
you like to base your opinion on the bottom of the ACC. Fine. I prefer to base it off the top tier. Do we want SU to be the best of the rest?

you like to base your opinion on the bottom of the ACC. Fine. I prefer to base it off the top tier. Do we want SU to be the best of the rest?

At this point SU is nowhere near Clemson, so I won't bench AJ or fire Lester based on tonight's game.

kirbivore said:
At this point SU is nowhere near Clemson, so I won't bench AJ or fire Lester based on tonight's game.
won't bench AJ. But I wouldn't "give" OC to Lester quite yet. I would rather invest in watching high school football myself. Very much did not gameplay creatively. And overall was just bad.

Orangepace said:
won't bench AJ. But I wouldn't "give" OC to Lester quite yet. I would rather invest in watching high school football myself. Very much did not gameplay creatively. And overall was just bad.

Have you watched a Clemson game this season? They've done this to everyone.

True Freshman, 2nd start, Death Valley ...