just some quick thoughts | Syracusefan.com

just some quick thoughts

orangehomer

All American
first time seeing the young players live, but i'll start with the older guys

coleman-liked his activity, thought he ran the court pretty well and I was surprised in the second half he got a rebound or two in space against smaller quicker players. thought he looked bad when we tried to press, just not mobile enough in the open court and he is not a shot blocker. he needs to watch about 100 hours of AO playing center in the 2-3, it is the only comparison I can think of that had success as a non-shot blocking center. I also think he is the most important player on the roster in terms of this seasons success.

cooney&silent G-no real take away, they look comfortable playing together and they have good size at the guard spots but I worry about them against waterbug types. I wish cooney was a little bit more flexible and a better handler/passer. he is an athletic kid that works hard but I don't know that basketball comes natural to him.

Roberson-quiet day, not that worried.

Richardson-smooth shooter, a little better in open space than I expected, thought he handled the ball not bad. pretty good.

kaleb-this guy just seems to be snakebit or something I don't get it. I think he is hearing footsteps and it is either him or howard as the odd man out. curious shots, and questionable decisions. I like him and wish the best, but it seems that things just have a tendency to go wrong when he is on the floor.

obokoh-I am vaguely aware of a saying that goes something like "if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all".

lydon-I think there is upside here but the acc will be a tough go for him as a freshman.

howard-this kid might be a gem. I don't know if he plays this year. good size and instincts, plays the game at a nice pace. he even hit a couple of long jumpers and looked ok doing it. he is young and thin and it will take time.

I'm hoping to watch a replay of the game when I get home. Sounds like a fair assessment and pretty much what I've thought during the off season about each guy. Unfortunately if this is what we're looking at going forward this year I don't think it translates well against great opponents. SOOOOOOOO much is riding on Coleman and at the end of the day it's going to be does Coleman, Lydon, Richardson, and Howard > Christmas, BJ and Patterson. Quick glance it's easy to say it does but it's easy to forget how much we leaned on Christmas on offense and defense.

I see this season panning out in two ways, it's a long year like last year was a long year, or we're slightly improved from last year. I don't think we'll be worse.

2016-2017 is a national championship contender right out the shoot. Don't see us going too far this year.

Lydon and Richardson are way better than BJ and Patterson. It took one minute to see that. Howard looks real good to. He's just filled out. I want to see him against good teams, but his shot looks better than what I saw on his highlight tape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom