Just wanted to share... | Syracusefan.com

Just wanted to share...

DoubleDee

All American
I don't want to toot my own horn, so I was conflicted whether or not to share this.

I know the mag is in limited circulation with little to no internet sources, so I'm not sure if any or all of you have seen this.

Central New York Magazine did a piece on a few man caves including my Syracuse themed basement bar. You should be able to read the text in the pics.
I bought the home from my folks, and took over the the position of bar "manager". Needless to say I'm very proud, and know my late father would want to share with all you super fans!

PS- I'm a freakin pack rat, and may be parting with some ridiculous things, so stay tuned...
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I don't want to toot my own horn, so I was conflicted whether or not to share this.

I know the mag is in limited circulation with little to no internet sources, so I'm not sure if any or all of you have seen this.

Central New York Magazine did a piece on a few man caves including my Syracuse themed basement bar. You should be able to read the text in the pics.
I bought the home from my folks, and took over the the position of bar "manager". Needless to say I'm very proud, and know my late father would want to share with all you super fans!

PS- I'm a freakin pack rat, and may be parting with some ridiculous things, so stay tuned...
View attachment 55541 View attachment 55542 View attachment 55543

I'm pretty sure that's what heaven looks like in my mind.

https://www.facebook.com/CNYMag

Congrats. That's awesome. I remember you posting some photos on here. Probably where the mag got the idea. I love all the buttons. I have a couple but it looks like you have a complete set.

Congrats. I'm just beginning to build my own. Furniture arrives in the next two weeks! Thanks for the inspiration.

cliftonparksufan said:
Congrats. That's awesome. I remember you posting some photos on here. Probably where the mag got the idea. I love all the buttons. I have a couple but it looks like you have a complete set.

I have countless doubles. My buddy's grandmother saved ridiculous amounts of "garbage". He handed me a bag with over 200 of them. Definitely something in looking to weed out in the future. I'll have to take some kind of inventory.

Cool stuff. I just completed my basement and starting to outfit with some SU gear. Wish I could get some Mike borkowski prints to frame

And I was on the Jim Rome show last Friday. They were asking questions on who is the all time leading rushers from every team. All before me got their question wrong and when they asked me they just happened to pick my favorite team. Too freaking easy. Marcus Allen and the Oakland Raiders was the answer. LOL, as just before I went on the air the guy said to me since you are East coast we are giving you a west coast team.

First time I ever called into a Radio show to answer a question and I was stunned when I didn't get that busy signal. I have called in and won prizes before, but have never had to answer a ?

Last edited:
That's awesome, man. The buttons were great. Love the creative use of a MacArthur Stadium menu board!

Great job & beautiful story.

Ha, funny... I saw this a while ago somewhere (maybe in cuse around christmas?) and meant to post but I lost my copy of it.

I knew it was you by the concession sign and the chairs from your post a few months ago.

Respect. Looks great. When I'm financially stable enough to get my own house someday, I hope my man cave can rival yours. Setting the bar high!