Just when Mayweather couldn't be a big enough POS | Syracusefan.com

Just when Mayweather couldn't be a big enough POS

Alsacs

Living Legend
His camp goes and revokes Rachel Nichols and Michelle Beadle's credentials. I am seriously thinking ordering this fight was dumb. What a misogynist POS Mayweather is.

Alsacs said:
His camp goes and revokes Rachel Nichols and Michelle Beadle's credentials. I am seriously thinking ordering this fight was dumb. What a misogynist POS Mayweather is.

They give a reason? I know Beadle has been ragging on him hard the last 2 weeks.

I'm not a huge fan of Beadle in general but have total respect for her on this issue and Rachel Nichols is one of the best in the business. How pathetic. I don't think it will happen but I hope Floyd gets what's coming to him tonight.

SI says they received a copy of the credential chart, CNN has two seats but no Nichols. There's also a USA Today writer who was critical of Mayweather who got denied as well.

Yeah those tweets are from Mayweather's publicist and seem like obvious spin. Rachel Nichols would not make a stink if her press credential wasn't revoked.

Beadle said her credential was ok

Beadle said her credential was ok
If actually think Mayweather did nothing wrong here I am shocked. His camp wanted to punish Beadle and Nichols because they call him the POS he is for he treats women.

Rachel Nichols · @Rachel__Nichols
2nd May 2015 from TwitLonger

lg.php

Have had a bunch of folks asking questions about the Mayweather issue. Here's what happened: After asking tough questions of Floyd Mayweather on my program, I was not offered press credentials to cover tonight's fight. In an email dated April 23, I was told I would only be credentialed for the run-up events through the week, but in bold, italic letters the email stated "you do not have any access Saturday to any services or events." A CNN producer revisited the issue with the Mayweather camp on April 29, confirming to Mayweather's publicist that I would be in Las Vegas, and the publicist replied that I would still be denied a fight night credential. I was told the same thing when I arrived at the credential office in person on May 1, by two separate officials, in front of several other people. It doesn't surprise me that now, after facing significant backlash, the Mayweather camp has reversed its position. But despite this, and other outside parties generously offering me their seats, I will not attend the fight. I will also not let fear of retaliation prevent me from asking the tough questions the public deserves answers to in the future.

If actually think Mayweather did nothing wrong here I am shocked. His camp wanted to punish Beadle and Nichols because they call him the POS he is for he treats women.

I think the bigger news story is that Michelle Beadle was apparently considered "important" enough to get press credentials to this fight

Shawn91111 said:
I think the bigger news story is that Michelle Beadle was apparently considered "important" enough to get press credentials to this fight

She's been covering boxing...

I would have no problem with TMT pulling their credentials if they actually did. Does he have a past, yes, but this sensationalist, opportunistic reporting has gone over the top. A bunch of reporters using a big event to further their spotlight by re-hashing old issues that have been discussed ad nauseum at the time they happened.

The one that I kept hearing over and over again was where he allegedly beat his ex-fiancée. By beat, Gloria Allred says Mayweather twisted her arm, choked her and pointed a gun at her foot. Never mentioned is that the woman in question, allegedly, aborted Floyd's twins behind his back. Not saying that excuses the alleged actions but lets not act like we all know what actually went on in that relationship.

Yeah you don't not credential someone because you don't like what they say about you. Pretty much the most cowardly move you can pull. Other than beatign your wife.

Yeah you don't not credential someone because you don't like what they say about you. Pretty much the most cowardly move you can pull. Other than beatign your wife.
Why not. Its not politics. Its a sporting event. His deal said he has control over credentials. He made a choice. I have no problem with it, it just reaffirms who he is as a person.
Now, I did not read what was written/reported about him by these folks, but if it was complaining whining stuff about why is he allowed to fight and make this money, then good for him. He paid his debt. If ESPN was REALLY, REALLY against DV, they would not have covered the fight. If HBO etc or whoever did the PPV was against DV, it would not have televised the fight. If the MGM Grand was against DV, it would not have hosted the fight.

I would have no problem with TMT pulling their credentials if they actually did. Does he have a past, yes, but this sensationalist, opportunistic reporting has gone over the top. A bunch of reporters using a big event to further their spotlight by re-hashing old issues that have been discussed ad nauseum at the time they happened.

The one that I kept hearing over and over again was where he allegedly beat his ex-fiancée. By beat, Gloria Allred says Mayweather twisted her arm, choked her and pointed a gun at her foot. Never mentioned is that the woman in question, allegedly, aborted Floyd's twins behind his back. Not saying that excuses the alleged actions but lets not act like we all know what actually went on in that relationship.
http://deadspin.com/heres-floyd-mayweathers-sons-note-telling-how-his-dad-b-1701548806

Gloria Allred is a POS but read that story about 10 year old son of Mayweather in his own handwriting writing what happened to his mom and Mayweather's ex.
Mayweather is a POS.

Why not. Its not politics. Its a sporting event. His deal said he has control over credentials. He made a choice. I have no problem with it, it just reaffirms who he is as a person.
Now, I did not read what was written/reported about him by these folks, but if it was complaining whining stuff about why is he allowed to fight and make this money, then good for him. He paid his debt. If ESPN was REALLY, REALLY against DV, they would not have covered the fight. If HBO etc or whoever did the PPV was against DV, it would not have televised the fight. If the MGM Grand was against DV, it would not have hosted the fight.

By which you mean he is a coward, or something else?
He does have control over the media at his event; to deny people access because of what they said (especially considering he's a wife beater, but thats really beside the point) is beyond weak. But not surprising.

There's no question there are a lot of hypocrites involved in this.

By which you mean he is a coward, or something else?
He does have control over the media at his event; to deny people access because of what they said (especially considering he's a wife beater, but thats really beside the point) is beyond weak. But not surprising.

There's no question there are a lot of hypocrites involved in this.
Well, if someone had access to you at your job, and was publicly saying negative things about you, even if true, would you provide him or her continuing access?

Well, if someone had access to you at your job, and was publicly saying negative things about you, even if true, would you provide him or her continuing access?

That's pretty much how the media works. You credential all legitimate journalists, even if you don't like when they ask you questions about beating your wife.

Capt. Tuttle, MSNBC gets credentialed to the Republican National Convention and Fox gets credentialed to the Democratic National Convention.
Mayweather and his camp were punishing 2 women who didn't kiss his ring and actually called him on his past and asked him hard questions. Neither should have been the denied the ability to do their job because Team Mayweather wanted to punish those 2 women.

I've been trying to do some research here, maybe someone can help me out; Nichols interviewed Mayweather after the Ray Rice situation where she asked him some tough questions about him being a wife beater; had she she even said much about it lately?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom