Class of 2014 - Kaleb Joseph..,, | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Kaleb Joseph..,,

Cuse fans are like...

THISGONBGUD.gif

God bless those Friar fans lol. This post was great!
"the dome is a dump, but the cuse has a great program...boehim does a great job getting talent and the program will take a big hit when he retires..once that happens, ed will own the northeast and kids like that will not opt for the dome or syracuse.."

"the dome is a dump, but the cuse has a great program...boehim does a great job getting talent and the program will take a big hit when he retires..once that happens, ed will own the northeast and kids like that will not opt for the dome or syracuse.."
saw that. Major sour grapes. I can take the helm next year and we'd still be better than providence until i turned the program over to my dog... the dumb one.

That reeks of desperation. Poor guys.
We will be just fine and dandy candy when Hop takes over the reigns, and I feel JB has at least this and the next season to enjoy.

he's fooled everyone into thinking Tom Brady is a good QB... think Matt Cassel.
Well when you got the other teams play book and play patty cake in the AFC East you could put Tee out there and win the division. No offense tee. Lol

Well when you got the other teams play book and play patty cake in the AFC East you could put Tee out there and win the division. No offense tee. Lol
No offense taken. Now put me in, coach.
Cornerback please.
:)

th_jiggalol.png

Yeah... the kids will be flocking to the Dunkin Donuts Center screaming "Wilson!!!" "Wilson!!!!"

Guess JB and Hop weren't too scared of the Boogeyman.

Credit to the staff IF KJ commits. It's one thing to have all the facilities and tradition, etc., in your corner but these kids generally want PT and it's not something we can promise a ton of at the moment so props to the staff for selling the kids on the big picture.

Guess JB and Hop weren't too scared of the Boogeyman.

Credit to the staff if KJ commits. It's one thing to have all the facilities and tradition, etc., in your corner but these kids generally want PT and it's not something we can promise a ton of at the moment so props to the staff for selling the kids on the big picture.
Credit to the staff indeed, but I think there's plenty of PT whether Ennis is around in '14 or not.

I'm believe Ennis will be around, but either way:
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/stats/_/id/183/year/2010/syracuse-orange
Scoop, Rautins (combo) and Triche (combo) all played point this year, coexisted and had 22.2, 32.5 and 21.3 mpg respectively.
Scoop: 9.1, 4.3 apg
Rautins: 12.1 and 4.9 apg
Triche: 8.1, 2.8 apg
Not too shabby.

One could say we have more guards on the team this year, but I really think a few will move to the wings and the competition always sorts itself out.

I also think that the dynamic of this team changes in the coming years. Recruiting has been as well as we could have hoped, and I don't see us having MCW/Triche-like minutes next year and 2014. Aside from Ennis this year, more guys in the mid to upper 20s minutes-wise going into these next two seasons. Just a lot of talent and more interchangeable parts. Dion was a lottery pick and played 24.1 mpg. That is incredible.

Credit to the staff indeed, but I think there's plenty of PT whether Ennis is around in '14 or not.

I'm believe Ennis will be around, but either way:
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/stats/_/id/183/year/2010/syracuse-orange
Scoop, Rautins (combo) and Triche (combo) all played point this year, coexisted and had 22.2, 32.5 and 21.3 mpg respectively.
Scoop: 9.1, 4.3 apg
Rautins: 12.1 and 4.9 apg
Triche: 8.1, 2.8 apg
Not too shabby.

One could say we have more guards on the team this year, but I really think a few will move to the wings and the competition always sorts itself out.

I also think that the dynamic of this team changes in the coming years. Recruiting has been as well as we could have hoped, and I don't see us having MCW/Triche-like minutes next year and 2014. Aside from Ennis this year, more guys in the mid to upper 20s minutes-wise going into these next two seasons. Just a lot of talent and more interchangeable parts. Dion was a lottery pick and played 24.1 mpg. That is incredible.

We rarely have a bunch of guys in the 20's for minutes but the last few years it seems like our early season play the coaches are open to that but we end up with a glaring weekness or two and end up playing 4 guys a lot. I'm still waiting for a legit 9 man rotation were we have say 7-8 guys playing close to 20min. It couls happen but as the season goes on the rotation shrinks thats just the way it is.

We rarely have a bunch of guys in the 20's for minutes but the last few years it seems like our early season play the coaches are open to that but we end up with a glaring weekness or two and end up playing 4 guys a lot. I'm still waiting for a legit 9 man rotation were we have say 7-8 guys playing close to 20min. It couls happen but as the season goes on the rotation shrinks thats just the way it is.

We played a legit 9 man rotation in 2012, didn't we?

And what would the advantage of playing 7-8 guys for 20 minutes? I'd rather play our top guys, but supplement that with quality depth so that we don't have to play a number of them 36+ minutes per game. There have been several examples in recent years where we've played an expanded rotation, and it has enabled us to expend more energy defensively and have fresher legs at the end of games on offense.

And what would the advantage of playing 7-8 guys for 20 minutes? I'd rather play our top guys, but supplement that with quality depth so that we don't have to play a number of them 36+ minutes per game. There have been several examples in recent years where we've played an expanded rotation, and it has enabled us to expend more energy defensively and have fresher legs at the end of games on offense.
Yup.
Not counting MCW, that's 9, with Keita being an important contributor in little minutes.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...183/sort/avgMinutes/year/2012/syracuse-orange

Not to mention, 2007 is the last time we've had 5+ recruits.
http://espn.go.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/183/class/2007

And as good as that recruiting class was, I just don't see these guys sitting. They all have something unique to contribute.
But I do see jordoo's point in that the rotation will shrink.
I still think we might break this "trend" this year. 8-9 solid contributors. The 10th getting 10+ mpg. Happened with freshman MCW.

Are you saying last year 12/13 or the previous season 11/12?

Last year it looked like a 9man rotation but it really wasn't. It was Brandon, MCW, CJ & James as much as possible in games that mattered (when James was eligible) then it was whatever worked @ the 5 woth Xmas and Keita because DC2 was out at the first whistle until he had surgury and was out for a bit. Cooney wasn't really a rotational player because he was played just for MCW and Brandon to catch their breath mostly. Jeremi was always in the rotatio but played more while James was out bousting his minute numbers.
I'd call last season a solid 7 man team with spot minutes from Cooney and the complimentary start for DC2.

The previous season we had a great 3 guard rotation Scoop, BRandon and Dion.
Kris and CJ were the main forwards with a bit of James and some big 4 minutes from Christmas.
Fab was the center but we had Baye and a Xmas to back him up.
Again more of a legit 7 man rotaion with two guys playing limited minutes.

Are you saying last year 12/13 or the previous season 11/12?

Last year it looked like a 9man rotation but it really wasn't. It was Brandon, MCW, CJ & James as much as possible in games that mattered (when James was eligible) then it was whatever worked @ the 5 woth Xmas and Keita because DC2 was out at the first whistle until he had surgury and was out for a bit. Cooney wasn't really a rotational player because he was played just for MCW and Brandon to catch their breath mostly. Jeremi was always in the rotatio but played more while James was out bousting his minute numbers.
I'd call last season a solid 7 man team with spot minutes from Cooney and the complimentary start for DC2.

The previous season we had a great 3 guard rotation Scoop, BRandon and Dion.
Kris and CJ were the main forwards with a bit of James and some big 4 minutes from Christmas.
Fab was the center but we had Baye and a Xmas to back him up.
Again more of a legit 7 man rotaion with two guys playing limited minutes.
The link is in my post right above yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom