Kaleb Joseph | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kaleb Joseph

I don't really know how tall he is, but Kaleb definitely plays above the rim... Also, the ease with which he does so is impressive, gets up to dunk effortlessly... The best that I can remember at that was AI, that's one enemy player I really wish we had gotten...

Cuse'91 said:
I don't really know how tall he is, but Kaleb definitely plays above the rim... Also, the ease with which he does so is impressive, gets up to dunk effortlessly... The best that I can remember at that was AI, that's one enemy player I really wish we had gotten...

He's a hair over 6 feet, but he plays a little bigger.

Trevor is 100% best suited to be our first guard off the bench. Unfortunately, we have no better options.

I guess that's more of a stylistic choice. To me, I'd rather have a pure SG like Cooney starting with guys like Joseph and Gbinije (guys that can play both PG or SG) come off the bench since they can go in for whichever guard isn't off to a good start.

I also think it tends to be easier to be a shooter if you're able to start. If you come off the bench, it's difficult to shoot the first few possessions when you're still trying to get your adrenaline pumping.

Ha, he's got an old school WWF to him in that part, that he bumps the guy then makes it as if the guy pushed him around. Not normally a fan of this, but we do need that edge, need to get it back.
That drove me crazy about this year's team. When the player with the most edge on the team is Trevor Cooney, you have an alpha problem.

Hate to be the negative Nancy but let's not anoint the poor kid as the next "Roberson" just yet... Let him join the team first and when he does good... Then we praise him. I think this board is way over the top with expectations of high school players.

Probably the same reason Cleveland kept putting him on the bench.

i know what youre saying but his talent level clearly exceeded most of his teammates in college. cant say the same for the nba.

pearl31 said:
Are you saying that's Joseph's height? Looks taller than that to me

Friend of mine, who is a ref, is 6 feet and he said he stood next to Joseph and looked him straight in the eyes when he did his game.

He pointed it out. I didn't ask.

rstone7727 said:
Hate to be the negative Nancy but let's not anoint the poor kid as the next "Roberson" just yet... Let him join the team first and when he does good... Then we praise him. I think this board is way over the top with expectations of high school players.

We've been way over the top with expectations of McCullough, that's for sure.

Joseph is solid.

We've been way over the top with expectations of McCullough, that's for sure.

Joseph is solid.
Agree. I suspect McCullough will have some growing pains first year, and that's to be expected for a big, especially learning his place on the wing or down low in the zone. But his upside is off the charts. Athletic ability just oozes. He will get there with some patience in the staff and a whole lot of listening to advise from the guys in front of him who have already been down this road. I actually like that he's being underestimated by most experts lately. Chip on the shoulder will make his talent come to fruition.

jgeorge322 said:
i know what youre saying but his talent level clearly exceeded most of his teammates in college. cant say the same for the nba.
Some players are just better suited off the bench. It's kind of irrelevant anyway

Agree. I suspect McCullough will have some growing pains first year, and that's to be expected for a big, especially learning his place on the wing or down low in the zone. But his upside is off the charts. Athletic ability just oozes. He will get there with some patience in the staff and a whole lot of listening to advise from the guys in front of him who have already been down this road. I actually like that he's being underestimated by most experts lately. Chip on the shoulder will make his talent come to fruition.
Hopefully he's here for more than 1 year!

The more film I watch of him and the 100 different scouting services reports I read the more I think Tyler Ennis (if he returns) and Joseph together in the backcourt would be our best option next year

The more I watch him the more I think he is a smaller version of Dion Waiters (100% score first combo guard)

Kaleb is a scoring PG, and we are in good hands next year. I know the kid well, very well

Think Trey Burke

If Ennis/Grant stay and McCullough/Joseph are even close to as good as advertised, forgot about it.

PG: Ennis/Joseph/Gbinjie
SG: Cooney/Gbinjie/Joseph/Buss/BJ
F: McCullough/Roberson
F: Grant/Gbinjie/BJ
C: Rak/DaJuan/Chinso

We'd never give up a rebound again.That's a legit 12 deep...

Hopefully he's here for more than 1 year!

Not a chance he goes after one year.

In the halfcourt game, he's only a little more skilled than Christmas.

You'll see.

I'm not sure McCullough is ready to be a prime-time, go-to guy right away, but he sure as heck is more skilled offensively than Rakim Christmas ever thought about being.

Competition is a little different I realize in the video above, but the play at the 1:31 mark is something Christmas has never even thought about doing in his life. Two dribbles with his off hand, and finishing with his off hand.

At 2:03, he reverse pivots, squares and blows by his defender and finishes. Again, level of competition I get it - but that's a big-time move for a 6-10 player.

Lastly, when was the last time Christmas caught on the wing, faced up and drilled a 20-foot jumper? Ummmm never (2:08 mark).

Again, I don't think he's by any means ready to be Jabari Parker/Carmelo Anthony. But he's certainly not Rakim Christmas. He is leaps and bounds more skilled than Christmas. The video above is as a junior - so unless he's gotten worse, I'm pretty sure he's at least as good as the video shows.

I'm not sure McCullough is ready to be a prime-time, go-to guy right away, but he sure as heck is more skilled offensively than Rakim Christmas ever thought about being.

Competition is a little different I realize in the video above, but the play at the 1:31 mark is something Christmas has never even thought about doing in his life. Two dribbles with his off hand, and finishing with his off hand.

At 2:03, he reverse pivots, squares and blows by his defender and finishes. Again, level of competition I get it - but that's a big-time move for a 6-10 player.

Lastly, when was the last time Christmas caught on the wing, faced up and drilled a 20-foot jumper? Ummmm never (2:08 mark).

Again, I don't think he's by any means ready to be Jabari Parker/Carmelo Anthony. But he's certainly not Rakim Christmas. He is leaps and bounds more skilled than Christmas. The video above is as a junior - so unless he's gotten worse, I'm pretty sure he's at least as good as the video shows.

Ok, Christmas wasn't a good comparison. My apology.

I don't remember the Pearl, as I was 5 when he left...but I told some friends that based on his skill set, athleticism, etc, he seems like a 6-3 version of Jonny Flynn to me.

Remembering the Pearl:

He was all about scoring and passing off the dribble. He could make his defender disappear with a move and get off a shot before anyone could react. He played close to the ground to control the ball. I never saw him dunk but he could lay it in multiple ways. He also had great vision as a passer.

Joseph showed some of those qualities in his highlight film plus the ability to make spectacular dunks. That doesn't make him the Pearl but but it does make him exciting. I'm just wondering if he'll try to do too much to put on a show.

Ha, he's got an old school WWF to him in that part, that he bumps the guy then makes it as if the guy pushed him around. Not normally a fan of this, but we do need that edge, need to get it back.
Damn you, Tee! I was playing this at work and one of my friends walked in on me. Pretty sure my nickname is going to be 'Survivor" tomorrow.:D

Damn you, Tee! I was playing this at work and one of my friends walked in on me. Pretty sure my nickname is going to be 'Survivor" tomorrow.:D
Mission. Accomplished. Ha, I played this a bunch of times during work yesterday. Get it back, boys!
:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom