Kaleb Joseph | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Kaleb Joseph

We really have over hyped CM, there's almost no way he'll meet those expectations. He's not going to be our best player since Melo, his first year at least. If he is, that's absolutely beautiful.

Kaleb Joseph does look like a legitimately solid player. He looks ready to contribute, if he must. I'm glad it's him coming in, if Ennis leaves, instead of just having to rely on Gbinije and Buss.

Joseph is a work horse, he's a smart kid and works his a$$ off.

Trueblue25 said:
We really have over hyped CM, there's almost no way he'll meet those expectations. He's not going to be our best player since Melo, his first year at least. If he is, that's absolutely beautiful. Kaleb Joseph does look like a legitimately solid player. He looks ready to contribute, if he must. I'm glad it's him coming in, if Ennis leaves, instead of just having to rely on Gbinije and Buss. Joseph is a work horse, he's a smart kid and works his a$$ off.

Agree. Seems like history has taught us that guards typically have a higher chance of contributing earlier than bigs in our system. Outside of Melo, of course.

I don't remember the Pearl, as I was 5 when he left...but I told some friends that based on his skill set, athleticism, etc, he seems like a 6-3 version of Jonny Flynn to me.
He looks like the Pearl facially. That is obvious.

He will be our fourth point guard in four years. I think he'll be good. But I think there will be some groans mixed in with the oohs and aaahs. This guy is a showman.

We'll probably be wonder if Kaleb will be going pro a year from now. I hope JB can go out and get another one, and maybe a JUCO to give us a good back up and an alternative. This is modern college basketball.

Last edited:
Remembering the Pearl:

He was all about scoring and passing off the dribble. He could make his defender disappear with a move and get off a shot before anyone could react. He played close to the ground to control the ball. I never saw him dunk but he could lay it in multiple ways. He also had great vision as a passer.

Joseph showed some of those qualities in his highlight film plus the ability to make spectacular dunks. That doesn't make him the Pearl but but it does make him exciting. I'm just wondering if he'll try to do too much to put on a show.
Watching that, and watching the SU Dunk tape, in the context of the season we just saw kind of make you go hmmmmmm...
Stevie Thompson sure made a lot of baskets damn!

He will be our fourth point guard in four years. I think he'll be good. But I think there will be some groans mixed in with the oohs and aaahs. This guy is a showman.

We'll probably be wonder if Kaleb will be going pro a year form now. I hope JB can go out and get another one, and maybe a JUCO to give us a good back up and an alternative. This is modern college basketball.
Bingo we will continue to be a guard factory here. Kaleb is a one-and-done no doubt. Malachi Richardson will continue the trend. But tell , ya, it has to be tough to recruit in that fashion. In the old days you got a Pearl and you had him for 3 yrs at least. Now you have to kick the volume up a notch. Plus a whiff on a guy it much more costly now.

LennX6 said:
Bingo we will continue to be a guard factory here. Kaleb is a one-and-done no doubt. Malachi Richardson will continue the trend. But tell , ya, it has to be tough to recruit in that fashion. In the old days you got a Pearl and you had him for 3 yrs at least. Now you have to kick the volume up a notch. Plus a whiff on a guy it much more costly now.

A one and done, no doubt?

Napier stayed four years!

A one and done, no doubt?

Napier stayed four years!
No doubt, yeah hyperbole. But you have to think that way at the level of performance, visibility and recruiting we are at. The point is it has to be far trickier today than ever , even a a so-called "selector opposed to recruiter school like us.

I like what I saw but I like what i heard better, (except for ML saying that Andy Rautins was a point guard). He seems level-headed and knows the value of working hard. And JB told him we are going to run this year. zooommmmm...:)

I like what I saw but I like what i heard better, (except for ML saying that Andy Rautins was a point guard). He seems level-headed and knows the value of working hard. And JB told him we are going to run this year. zooommmmm...:)

Completely agree! JB told him we were running this year!! I love his description of SU running out of the zone and how its what made him want to play here. I also like that he knows what his game is and doesn't seem worried about being Tyler Ennis or MCW, he's going to be Kaleb Joseph who will be a fan favorite very quickly IMO.

Meet Kaleb Joseph video - shot recently as he's on campus in feature:

Great video although the ML part was incredibly distracting and head scratching as SWC said. If you are going to invent a fake PG, why say Andy and then claim he was rookie of the year? At least claim Dion was a PG. Strange and it mars an excellent piece.

Meet Kaleb Joseph video - shot recently as he's on campus in feature:

Thanks AWMKY.

If Joseph plays on the court with the same level of maturity and poise that he demonstrated in that interview, this kid could be really special here. Really well spoken and thoughtful.

Thanks AWMKY.

If Joseph plays on the court with the same level of maturity and poise that he demonstrated in that interview, this kid could be really special here. Really well spoken and thoughtful.

I like the article about how hard he's working this summer. I don't have the link but it said he has a really strong work effort.

Okay, I'm impressed. I don't know if this kid can handle the role of running SU this season, but I sure hope he can, not just for the team or us fans, but because he seems like a kid who deserves to succeed.

Okay, I'm impressed. I don't know if this kid can handle the role of running SU this season, but I sure hope he can, not just for the team or us fans, but because he seems like a kid who deserves to succeed.
I think people are going to be impressed with him. He is nothing like Tyler Ennis, except in the sense that they are both elite guards. I am not sure what his defense will be like but our offense is going to be exciting, we may even beat teams by outscoring them this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom