Karl or Cousins? | Syracusefan.com

Karl or Cousins?

moqui

generational talent
Now that George Karl has been outed as trying to force a DeMarcus Cousins trade, one of them will have to go. DMC is not going to play hard for Karl after this. So Sacto is going to have to choose.

I would much rather keep DMC, but if the Lakers are really going to offer up everything - #2, Randle, Clarkson - then maybe, but not if they want to get #6 back as well. For that, they have to also include picks 27 and 34 and find a 3rd team to facilitate moving Rudy Gay's contract.

Now that George Karl has been outed as trying to force a DeMarcus Cousins trade, one of them will have to go. DMC is not going to play hard for Karl after this. So Sacto is going to have to choose.

I would much rather keep DMC, but if the Lakers are really going to offer up everything - #2, Randle, Clarkson - then maybe, but not if they want to get #6 back as well. For that, they have to also include picks 27 and 34 and find a 3rd team to facilitate moving Rudy Gay's contract.
What are the numbers on Gay's contract?

I'd jump at the #2 pick for Cousins. That's a great deal by itself, if they add in Randle that's an amazing deal.

Okafor, Randle, and Mudiay (or whoever Sacramento picks up with their pic) is a pretty decent young foundation, plus they'll have another bad year while all those guys are rookies, so they will be able to add another high pick to that group next year.

I'd jump at the #2 pick for Cousins. That's a great deal by itself, if they add in Randle that's an amazing deal.

Okafor, Randle, and Mudiay (or whoever Sacramento picks up with their pic) is a pretty decent young foundation, plus they'll have another bad year while all those guys are rookies, so they will be able to add another high pick to that group next year.
Lakers are insisting on both Cousins and Sacto's pick at #6

Cousins + #6 pick for #2 would be asinine. If I'm Sacramento, I'm holding out for at least #2 and Randle for just Cousins. My gut feeling is that Cousins won't be traded and Karl won't be fired, but you can't give up a top 15 NBA player plus the #6 pick (in a 6-deep draft) for just the #2 pick. That would be absolutely insane.

Cousins all day. Karl is what he is. He has feuded with or tried to feud with every single star he's ever coached. He hates stars. And it's proven what you're going to get out of Karl. He might be able to coax a lot of regular season wins out of a starless team like he did in Denver a few years ago, but who cares? You're not really going anywhere.

The times when he had loaded teams, he usually lost to less talented teams in the playoffs in Seattle and Milwaukee. Seattle should've ran the West for much of the 90s, instead they made one finals appearance and several first round exits. He is what he is.

And I would do #2 for Cousins straight up if I'm the Lakers, never mind #6. You're hoping to draft somebody that turns into what Cousins already is. He's a 23 and 12 all NBA big guy who is only 24 and has gotten better every year.

Would be a great deal for sac, the Lakers would be nuts to make it, too much baggage.

Would be a great deal for sac, the Lakers would be nuts to make it, too much baggage.

While I've always thought that he seems a little "off", his baggage is kind've overrated. He hasn't really done anything too terrible.

it's a terrible deal for Sacto . . . DMC is a stud right now; in the draft, you can only hope that you land someone who will turn out as good as DMC already is.

the thing I like about this is how delusional the Lakers brain trust has become . . . they think that they are smarter than everyone else, that they are the only glamour city & glamour franchise, and that they can simply pick and choose who they want to be on their team.

it's a terrible deal for Sacto . . . DMC is a stud right now; in the draft, you can only hope that you land someone who will turn out as good as DMC already is.

the thing I like about this is how delusional the Lakers brain trust has become . . . they think that they are smarter than everyone else, that they are the only glamour city & glamour franchise, and that they can simply pick and choose who they want to be on their team.
I mean we are talking about the Kings though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom