Katz on JB's future | Syracusefan.com

Katz on JB's future

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
Paraphrasing here... Katz just spoke on sportscenter

"SU declined to comment on JB's job status. JB's comments reversed his original stance. He didn't discuss case in 2005 w/ Fine. SU will need to determine if Boeheim knew anything before his job status can be fully evaluated."

Looks like we'll have to wait this one out. Doesn't seem 100% safe yet.

It is pretty easy if it comes out that JB knew about this then he is gone. If he didn't then he stays. SU can not fire JB if he knew nothing it would be a PR nightmare in a sea of PR nightmares. They have to wait until everything comes out.

If JB knew something and did nothing, he's done.

My concern is how do you work hand in hand with someone for 40+ years and not know something.

"SU will need to determine if Boeheim knew anything before his job status can be fully evaluated."
Hopefully this implies that he will not be fired because of his comments alone. Still a lot we don't know though. Of course, if there is even a hint of impropriety on his part he's done.

The fact they declined to comment doesn't bode well in my opinion
That's the stance they have to take. They can't say he's safe and then turn around and fire him, and they can't fire him only to find out he's in the clear.

happens to married couples all the time. As for the University saying the declined to comment is neither good nor bad. Of course they would decline to comment. They will comment when they want to. Not when a reporter asks them to.

"SU declined to comment on JB's job status. JB's comments reversed his original stance. He didn't discuss case in 2005 w/ Fine. SU will need to determine if Boeheim knew anything before his job status can be fully evaluated."

No, not by a long shot. He might need to keep apologizing for his prior comments though, & then hope nothing worse comes out.

My concern is how do you work hand in hand with someone for 40+ years and not know something.

Do you know your best friends sexual preferances? Not something I talk with my friends about. So how would he know a coworkers pervesions?

actually i think it is good. i dont think they are likely to act on the comments alone. if JB knew stuff then he deserves to be fired. i am assuming he didnt.

the same way bernie madoffs best friend-- spent every vacation with him and invested every penny they had with him

actually i think it is good. i dont think they are likely to act on the comments alone. if JB knew stuff then he deserves to be fired. i am hoping he didnt.

If JB knew what was going on, hell yes he should be fired. I believe he had no clue what was going on.

I disagree this view. You don't sleep in the same bed as them do you? You don't have hidden cameras in their house, do you? There is SO much that can go on behind the scenes that wouldn't be part of best friends' normal conversations.

The die is cast. JB lives or dies on future determination of what he did or did not know. Would have been gone by now if that were not the case.

Same way a married couple lives together for years and 20 years later one fines out the other was having an affair since college.

If he knew something, then he DESERVES to be dismissed. Let's be clear about that.

But I have a difficult time believing that Boeheim would have taken the stance that he did knowing that there was something to conceal that might come to light.

If he knew something, then he DESERVES to be dismissed. Let's be clear about that.

But I have a difficult time believing that Boeheim would have taken the stance that he did knowing that there was something to conceal that might come to light.

I agree with this. JB would have to be a truly terrible and selfish person to know there was something going on and to take the stance that he did.

He didn;t know anything!!!! Do you people really think he is gonna take the stance that he did knowing he knew somethin about not knowing about knowing what was going on.I know i don't think so knowing what i do..Then again ,what do i know that you guys don't know.The only knowing people are the the ones who truely know whats going on.Know what i mean?

The fact they declined to comment doesn't bode well in my opinion

I don't think you can read anything into that. I'm certain that University leadership informed all involved that no unapproved messages should be delivered.

I don't disagree with all of you, I'm just playing devil's advocate on this.

Bernie isn't just a co-worker that sits in the cube next to JB. This is JB's 1st Lieutenant. Fine has been his "right-hand-man" for the last 40 years. They live across the street from one another. They travel together, they work together and they've built this program together.

If JB plays the "i know nothing" card about Fine, then the next logical question to ask is what else does JB "know nothing" about? Does he have control of the program?

He didn;t know anything!!!! Do you people really think he is gonna take the stance that he did knowing he knew somethin about not knowing about knowing what was going on.I know i don't think so knowing what i do..Then again ,what do i know that you guys don't know.The only knowing people are the the ones who truely know whats going on.Know what i mean?

If he didn't know anything about Bernie...a person that worked next to him for 40 years...then what else does JB "know nothing" about?

To a certain degree, this is a question of institutional control.

He has control of the basketball games.Thats all i care about.Why should he be Bernies babysitter. This is all on Brnie.None of this crap is on JB.