Katz's interview with JB | Syracusefan.com

Katz's interview with JB

Wish they would have talked more about next year...but he doesn't sound super confident regardless

IDK, he left the door open for a classic "I told you so" JB rant whether they get off to a phenomenal or terrible start.

Wish they would have talked more about next year...but he doesn't sound super confident regardless

I don't think he is, I think he realizes this is the first time in a while that this could be a tough year.

Briancuse said:
I don't think he is, I think he realizes this is the first time in a while that this could be a tough year.
Why? I don't think we've had this much talent in a long time. I can't remember when Jb was so high on 2 freshman (yes I do).

Why? I don't think we've had this much talent in a long time. I can't remember when Jb was so high on 2 freshman (yes I do).

Look at what we lost, and look at what we have in the starting lineup. Our starting lineup consists of three brand new starters, one of which is a true freshman playing the point, the most important position in college basketball. The other two starters are cooney, a guy who really struggled down the stretch last year, and rak who has yet to put it all together. I don't doubt we have some talented players, but we have a lot of question marks going into the season.

Look at what we lost, and look at what we have in the starting lineup. Our starting lineup consists of three brand new starters, one of which is a true freshman playing the point, the most important position in college basketball. The other two starters are cooney, a guy who really struggled down the stretch last year, and rak who has yet to put it all together. I don't doubt we have some talented players, but we have a lot of question marks going into the season.
Eh we had more in 2002-03. We have unreal talent. Will come out.

Chris Mac will get a lot of playing time. He will surely improve as the season goes on. I don't expect this team to go 26-0 like last season. I think we are in for a bumpy ride!

I remember the season with Anthony seemed like dud all the way to the NCAA tournament. And then something magical happened. It seemed like every game in the last five minutes Anthony would sink 3 clutch shots and win the game. And then GMac's first half in the final game and "the block" to win it all!

Eh we had more in 2002-03. We have unreal talent. Will come out.

If Roberson can become Melo, Cooney can become gmac, and cmac can become hak we are in good shape.

Chris Mac will get a lot of playing time. He will surely improve as the season goes on. I don't expect this team to go 26-0 like last season. I think we are in for a bumpy ride!

I remember the season with Anthony seemed like dud all the way to the NCAA tournament. And then something magical happened. It seemed like every game in the last five minutes Anthony would sink 3 clutch shots and win the game. And then GMac's first half in the final game and "the block" to win it all!
Really, you thought that season felt like a dud? I said from the start of the season I had no idea how good they'd be, but I knew they'd be fun to watch, and by the end of the season, I thought we could beat any team but UConn. We had 5 losses that year and got better as the season went on. Even without a NC that's anything but a dud.

Really, you thought that season felt like a dud? I said from the start of the season I had no idea how good they'd be, but I knew they'd be fun to watch, and by the end of the season, I thought we could beat any team but UConn. We had 5 losses that year and got better as the season went on. Even without a NC that's anything but a dud.

Yea, that's a really weird statement. That season was a blast from the beginning and the team looked absolutely incredible at times during the regular season (the Georgia Tech game is the one I remember most but there were certainly others).